Movers and shakers dilemnas

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Movers and shakers dilemnas

Post by Iain »

Bundy wrote:I have to say I'm hacked off by a lot of the inverted snobbery I read on here sometimes about things such as the new lounge. I have been a season ticket holder for many years and have been in every part of the ground over those years. And, shock horror! I have signed up for next season to transfer to the new Clubhouse. I work hard and, with my wife, as we are now a little more mature in years also, I have chosen to spend my spare money on a little comfort when supporting my beloved Tigers, as oppozsed to a new car, etc. This is neither corporate hospitality like the 1880 nor does it make me, in my opinion, any less of a supporter than anyone else!! :smt023
I don't think anyone suggested it did. Good on you if that's what you enjoy and can afford it. For most of us though it isn't what attracts us to the ground.

And I will re-iterate again I HATE the idea of that lounge being called The Clubhouse.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Movers and shakers dilemnas

Post by ourla »

Iain wrote:
ourla wrote:
Iain wrote:Ordinary fans by and large do not give a damn about exclusive lounges and comfier seats.
I'd agree on the former. Not so sure on the latter. People who go to the stadium in MK often comment on the comfy seats.
Are you seriously telling me most of us would stump up an extra £100 or so on our season ticket for a padded seat...? I know I wouldn't. I'd be happy if my seat was comfier but it's not something I'd pay extra for. I suspect most of us agree.
It it was £100 for a padded seat no. Is that what people are paying £100 extra for - purely for padded seats?

My point was that I, for example, will pay more to sit in the Met-RX because than the Crumbie or the terrace because I want to sit down in relative comfort. Would I pay the double the price, no. But that is what the club have to judge. What to offer and at what price. But I would say more people would be interested in having somewhere comfortable to sit than having an exclusive lounge.

I can beat you Tenax. I was given two Tigers seat pads by a friend of mum who was going to many games last season. So I have a padded seat for free. I do have to carry it to the game though!