Tait might not be off? Now staying!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Tait might not be off? Now staying!!!

Post by ourla »

jgriffin wrote:Saffacens may not be changing wingers as much as reducing wage bill to below the cap.
I think Strettle is a genuine decision on his part and nothing to do with getting under the salary cap. He is 31, England career all but over. He's done almost everything at Saracens. It's a good and logical move for him.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

JackFlashJonny wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Done to death doesn't come near it when applied to Ford - much more money, guaranteed opening spot, team built around him, Dad's lever to get Gold's job......Nothing to do with Tigers at all, all to do with Ford. Please get over it.
TV was messed about by Meyer, never the same player once Goodey had gone anyway. Wanted to leave.
The rest is speculation or lack of (seemingly unlimited) funds.
Saffacens may not be changing wingers as much as reducing wage bill to below the cap.
All spot on JG :smt023
+1 :smt026
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I doubt Saracens are overly concerned with Strettle leaving. He's been quality for them but they have several back three in players in the England under 20s and they have former England under 20 fullback/wing Ransom waiting for more game time along with former England 7s Mike Ellery.
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

Back on topic, I'm delighted that Tait is staying, and would subscribe to the view that he's been our best back this year. Is a real bonus to retain him.

And off topic, Saracne do have a reasonable number of back 3 options, but wouldn;t think thed'd be too happy as Strettle's probably been their most effective back this season, and certainly their best winger.
Joe The Tigers Fan