Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Saracens v Tigers

Post by sapajo »

fortysix wrote:Let's be honest..

whatever our backs coach does during the week, heaven only knows
Best ask Geordan Murphy next time you see him :smt015 Perhaps he could start with how to pass and how to catch.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Right, time for my moan and it's not at the team, it is at some of the most idiotic, pathetic and downright stupid comments on this forum.

We have had:
-People saying we have the worst backs in Tigers history
-The players show no passion or desire
-Our season is over
-People who cannot wait until next season
-Apparently a "Club our size" should be in the final every season and winning it pretty much, if not every season!

Well, we currently find ourselves in 4th position. The lowest position we will be after the weekends games will be 5th. We have won only one less game than both Bath and Saracens and we have lost only one more game than Saracens and the same amount as Bath.

We can still finish in the top 4.

I don't think I have ever seen Tigers players with no passion or desire. We may have been poor today but you are completely insane to suggest the players were not trying.

We do not currently have the worst backs 11-14 in Tigers history, it is not easy when we keep having to play different players most weeks.

Our season is over? No it clearly isn't. We can still get a top 4 position and still win the final at Twickenham.

People cannot wait until next season? See you next season then. Don't bother turning up to matches for the rest of this season if that's how you really feel.

A club "our size" should be in the final and winning it most seasons? What godforsaken right do Tigers have to be the Champions every or most seasons? None! Just because we are the biggest club in England it does not mean we "should" be winning the title every year. What sort of idiotic, arrogant statement is that?!

I am completely fed up of so called supporters throwing everything and anything they can think of that is negative towards our club.

We were minutes away from a Premiership Final last season and can still make one this season. Until it is mathematically impossible that we cannot qualify in a top 4 position, then our hunt to win the trophy back is still on!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Although I don't share your optimism for this season, I have a ST for next season and tickets for next weekend. I am unsure of how next season will develop, hope the late start will help the new coaches and team to bed in, and I think the WC and its aftermath will change a lot of dynamics in the RFU and AP, so much uncertainty at that level too. We have had rubbish seasons only recently where we have staggered into the top 4 so I never feel it's all over so early.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Ellis has only said it is possible to make the top 4 and if this happens it is possible to get to, and win, the final. I would hardly call this misplaced optimism. Top four is achievable and then it's one game at a time.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

h's dad wrote:Ellis has only said it is possible to make the top 4 and if this happens it is possible to get to, and win, the final. I would hardly call this misplaced optimism. Top four is achievable and then it's one game at a time.
There is a significant difference between what is possible and what is probable.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

That was awful. OK we knew we were thin in the center but they hit us down the wings at will.
Despite a lot of huff and puff, the pack looks a shadow of previous eights.
We seem incapable of a rolling or driving maul. In fact we were even matched or
second best at scrum time.
Saffas pack were on the front foot like a bunch of wolves in a way we never were.
It's OK to shout passion etc but a pack has to be organised and we were a rabble.
Attacking line-outs were always a great opportunity for a Tigers try.
Not this season. Pretty poor all round
And who is the forwards coach? Exactly. Go man Go.
A life long Tiger
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Yes ellis9, I could have typed what you were going to type yourself even before you had started. Some of us are pragmatic and realistic. We are also entitled to our opinions.

Our backs are completely hopeless - no idea of where to run, how to pass, or even how to hold on to, or even protect, the ball.

Unfortunately we have been going backwards for some time now. It's not the type of rugby I enjoy watching. We have been given a lesson by too many teams this season.
Give blood, play rugby!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Smudge wrote:That was awful. OK we knew we were thin in the center but they hit us down the wings at will.
Saffas pack were on the front foot like a bunch of wolves in a way we never were.
It's OK to shout passion etc but a pack has to be organised and we were a rabble.
Yes, today was bad but my point is the season isn't over. We are still 4th (possibly 5th tomorrow) so therefore if we finish in the top 4, we will have 2 more games with which we could then be crowned Champions. I agree that it is unlikely but my anger and annoyance is how people are saying we have no chance and our season is over and cannot wait until next season. Get behind and support your team through thick and thin. Stop being a glory hunter.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Yes ellis9, I could have typed what you were going to type yourself even before you had started. Some of us are pragmatic and realistic. We are also entitled to our opinions.

Our backs are completely hopeless - no idea of where to run, how to
pass, or even how to hold on to, or even protect, the ball.
Unfortunately we have been going backwards for some time now. It's not the type of rugby I enjoy watching. We have been given a lesson by too many teams this season.
So how is me saying that we can still be crowned Champions unrealistic? It is still possible for us to be so.

Of course you have your opinion but I am also allowed to disagree with your opinion and voice mine.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Big Dai wrote:
h's dad wrote:Ellis has only said it is possible to make the top 4 and if this happens it is possible to get to, and win, the final. I would hardly call this misplaced optimism. Top four is achievable and then it's one game at a time.
There is a significant difference between what is possible and what is probable.
You're excused. The Welsh are expected to be miserable.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

ellis9 wrote:Right, time for my moan and it's not at the team, it is at some of the most idiotic, pathetic and downright stupid comments on this forum.

We have had:
-Our season is over
-Apparently a "Club our size" should be in the final every season and winning it pretty much, if not every season!

Well, we currently find ourselves in 4th position. The lowest position we will be after the weekends games will be 5th. We have won only one less game than both Bath and Saracens and we have lost only one more game than Saracens and the same amount as Bath.

I don't think I have ever seen Tigers players with no passion or desire. We may have been poor today but you are completely insane to suggest the players were not trying.

We do not currently have the worst backs 11-14 in Tigers history, it is not easy when we keep having to play different players most weeks.

Our season is over? No it clearly isn't. We can still get a top 4 position and still win the final at Twickenham.

People cannot wait until next season? See you next season then. Don't bother turning up to matches for the rest of this season if that's how you really feel.

A club "our size" should be in the final and winning it most seasons? What godforsaken right do Tigers have to be the Champions every or most seasons? None! Just because we are the biggest club in England it does not mean we "should" be winning the title every year. What sort of idiotic, arrogant statement is that?!

I am completely fed up of so called supporters throwing everything and anything they can think of that is negative towards our club.

We were minutes away from a Premiership Final last season and can still make one this season. Until it is mathematically impossible that we cannot qualify in a top 4 position, then our hunt to win the trophy back is still on!
You've completely misunderstood what I'm saying. A club our size should be 'targeting' winning the league every year. That doesn't mean it's the end of the world or that everyone should be sacked if we don't, but clearly if we don't win the league then we haven't achieved what we should be setting out to do. So a disappointing season. That's all I'm saying. When people are saying the season is over they mean that as a team we don't seem to have it this year. We may finish top 4 but I can't see us winning away at Barf or Stains as much as I want us to. That doesn't mean I don't support the team it purely means I'm realistic with my expectations for this season. I agree with you on the passion point. They didn't lack passion today they were simply outclassed in most aspects of the game by the better side.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Smudge wrote:That was awful. OK we knew we were thin in the center but they hit us down the wings at will.
You don't post on a single win, then as soon as we lose away, you're in again like a broken record. Everyone knows we need a new backs coach, but you manage to be the only person who turns on the pack and make it a get rid of Cockers rant again. I now know why they daren't make me a moderator, you'd have been banned a long time ago. Offer something constructive for a change if you can.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

TigerLad wrote:
ellis9 wrote:Right, time for my moan and it's not at the team, it is at some of the most idiotic, pathetic and downright stupid comments on this forum.

We have had:
-Our season is over

You've completely misunderstood what I'm saying. A club our size should be 'targeting' winning the league every year. That doesn't mean it's the end of the world or that everyone should be sacked if we don't, but clearly if we don't win the league then we haven't achieved what we should be setting out to do. So a disappointing season. That's all I'm saying. When people are saying the season is over they mean that as a team we don't seem to have it this year. We may finish top 4 but I can't see us winning away at Barf or Stains as much as I want us to. That doesn't mean I don't support the team it purely means I'm realistic with my expectations for this season. I agree with you on the passion point. They didn't lack passion today they were simply outclassed in most aspects of the game by the better side.
You'll have to excuse our confusion:
TigerLad wrote:Not winning the league has to be considered a failure
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

I think we needed to get more points In The first half when we had the wind with us. We were really predictable we just use the crash ball. Tbh we don't deserve to be in the top 4 ahead of Exeter. We really miss our big midfield runners. Pretty much the same old story.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

You don't post on a single win, then as soon as we lose away, you're in again like a broken record. Everyone knows we need a new backs coach, but you manage to be the only person who turns on the pack and make it a get rid of Cockers rant again. I now know why they daren't make me a moderator, you'd have been banned a long time ago. Offer something constructive for a change if you can.
Once again Tigerburnie your hypocrisy is unbelievable if ever someone need to open their eyes and change the record its you!

You want constructive criticism try this: who let George Ford leave our club, don't tell me Cockerill was in no way responsible for that debacle, it was his downright obstinacy, and dreadful man management. Times we have seen favoured players claiming a place they had no right to, whilst others are not given a reasonable run of games. What is Smith doing in the team? he offers absolutely no creativity to the side at all, it's all very well being a capable defender and he is no more than that, but we need to score tries, our stats this year do not lie, they tell the absolute truth about the style of Rugby we have been playing, under Cockerill, it has been truly painful to watch. I see Blaine Scully is the latest to be frozen out, since he is moving on.. What has happened to Catchpole? if Loamanu is fit why wasn't he even on the bench? After Tuilagi, Goneva is our most potent threat but this year he is but a poor imitation of his ability. Small wonder when the DoR can't decide whether he is going to cover for Tuilagi at 13 or play on the wing.