LV semi v Chiefs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LV semi v Chiefs

Post by Spicer »

RagingBull wrote:IMO you put Roberts @ 12 in that team and we would have won.

He is a 12 and he has great chemistry with Catchpole, AND he knows how to finish.

Shame he was injured and Shame Bryant is away.
Our problem wasn't 12. Lou was fine. There would of been a bit more chemistry though. We played with no intelligence. Honestly today our forwards were much poorer than our backs.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Wigglesworth was an Incompetent time waster who makes up his own laws, a joke of a ref who shouldn't be reffing big matches, Tigers tho should have played more field position and gone for tries instead of kicking goals, disappointing all round!!!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Another average performance from what is now a very average team. I can only see the decline continuing next season given the players that are leaving.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Far too many scoring opportunities butchered yet again, a minimum of at least 5 chances to pass and we score, but yet again we ignore offloads and go to ground and slow it all up.
A very poor day at the office YET AGAIN! :smt013
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Silly mistakes, lack of accuracy, we've almost come to expect....but to get pushed around in the scrums and mauls, even with Logo and Rizzo propping, now that is worrying!!

We need a serious bounce back in two weeks, but I won't be putting any money on it this season!!
Soggypitch
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Phew, more doom and gloom. It was the 2nds,lads.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

jgriffin wrote:Phew, more doom and gloom. It was the 2nds,lads.
Yes it was Chiefs seconds but that just makes it worse.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

G.K wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Phew, more doom and gloom. It was the 2nds,lads.
Yes it was Chiefs seconds but that just makes it worse.
Only if you are of that bent of mind. Otherwise our 2nds got outplayed by theirs. Unlike Stains who put up most of their 1sts and got done by Saffacens 2nds.
As for the long-distance predictions of decline, it's called sport, and happens sometimes after winning (2013 ). It's happening in Prem wendyball, it's happened to the British Cycling team (2012/13 worldbeaters). I will draw a respectful veil over the corpse of English cricket.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Not the best performance, but in one with few tested combinations and a part time 10, it could have been worse. But for a few individual errors, it could have been a reasonable win. Pearce's pass could be seen a mile off, but he played quite well otherwise; if Bell's penalty to the corner had been a yard to the right he'd have been a hero, not a villain. We defended poorly against their maul (even if the final penalty - Harrisons's "side" entry - was not a penalty in a million years). Etc etc.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Whatever happened today, the LV Cup was a success for us this season. It was used as a developmental competition, and it served its purpose. It matters not one jot that we won't win it, nice as it might have been.

It was a shame, the performance could have been better but it has absolutely no significance to the rest of the season. Get on with it and stop moaning.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

I was pretty disappointed, we played well in parts then got pinged. We have found some good new players and it looks like some older/injured players are coming back into form. Thought Benjamin played pretty well yesterday caught some good high balls. I haven't had the chance to watch the game back yet, so don't know if wigglesworth was as bad as my tiger tinted glasses suggest, but I couldn't fathom his scrum reffing ???
cheers
Rich
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Struck me that we lost the game at the breakdown, through aimless poor kicking and butchering overlaps.

In particular, our players were frequently tearing off getting turned over at the tackle due to becoming isolated with no supporting runners in attendance. Furthermore, not sure if it was planned on or otherwise but our forwards were so slow to the breakdown that the backs were frequently doing all the clearing out work. Lastly our ball was so slow from the ruck it was painful not sure if this was down to skull duggery by the Chiefs or just poor play from us or indeed both.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

Iain wrote:Whatever happened today, the LV Cup was a success for us this season. It was used as a developmental competition, and it served its purpose. It matters not one jot that we won't win it, nice as it might have been.

It was a shame, the performance could have been better but it has absolutely no significance to the rest of the season. Get on with it and stop moaning.
+1 :smt010
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Might I also add.... the booing at the final whistle. There was a fair bit in the MET RX. I'm not sure who it was directed at, but if you were part of that, put a sock in it next time.

We don't boo. :smt018
Last edited by Iain on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

there was one call of holding on in front of their posts that when it was shown on the big screen the hands on the ball was an exeter player who was off his feet and lying all over it.
cheers
Rich