Newcastle on Sunday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Newcastle on Sunday

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Finally that time of year when the Tigers come to my new adopted home...Should be an interesting game with the new pitch how many of you are making the journey up?

Will be attending by myself most likely (partly due to lack of friends :smt003) but unfortunately my Geordie mates are going to the Everton match in Liverpool for a lads weekend as wendyball is still king up here..

Anyone looking for a friendly face to talk Tigers with let me know :smt023

Tickets only £15 for standing!
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Newcastle on Sunday

Post by biffer »

I'm not making the journey up. I'm making the journey down. Bringing a few mates with me as well, but they'll probably support Newcastle to wind me up.

2 pint glasses behind the bar....
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Wish I could, wish I could.

Newcastle lost their first 4 matches of the season but have definitely improved as the season has gone on. Although 2 of their 4 victories have been against Welsh they've run in 40 tries and ran some good teams close. At home they will be desparate to get a result. Tigers looked like they'd finally found some verve in their back play last Saturday on Falcons artificial surface let's hope that continues. Although again it could be the set piece that establishes the dominance. Another intriguing encounter in store.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Will we have OTY, Kitch and Croft available for selection? Anyone know why Kitch wasn't in the 23 last week?

It will be interesting to see who is picked in the centres, Roberts and Catchpole have done well, but Bai and Goneva are the more experienced option....which way will Cockers go?

Presumably no news on Allen or even Manu (dare I ask!)?
Soggypitch
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

someone said they had seen Kitch with a booted leg in the supermarket - hopefully nothing serious
cheers
Rich
ian23
Tiger Cub

Post by ian23 »

Kitch got out of a car in the Crumbie car park on Saturday with his foot still in the plastic boot that had been seen earlier in the week
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Referee for Sunday at Newcastle is Luke Pearce with assistants of Jackson & Maybank.
Thank goodness it is not Greg again! But Stains may suffer.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

wormus wrote:Referee for Sunday at Newcastle is Luke Pearce with assistants of Jackson & Maybank.
Thank goodness it is not Greg again! But Stains may suffer.
:smt026
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I'm ill at the moment but I hope to be there, should be fit by the weekend

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRRRRRrrrrssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

We're heading up on Saturday morning and returning on Monday morning. Italian and Indian restaurants are booked for both evenings.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Those of you having a night out in Newcastle while you're up there, there is a late night Gregg's next to the train station. Yes, after a night out you can have a ham and cheese bake and a sausage roll before you go to bed. That's surely a win.

And if one action summed up Newcastle as a City, it's that!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

According to Martin Crowson on twitter, Salvi is fit and available selection, Croft, Tom Youngs and Parling should be released by England. Kitchener has a foot injury.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I'll be there, for the third year on the trot (one of them watching Nottingham when Falcons were in the Championship) - looking forward to it. It'd just be nice to go up there when it was warm and sunny....
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:I'll be there, for the third year on the trot (one of them watching Nottingham when Falcons were in the Championship) - looking forward to it. It'd just be nice to go up there when it was warm and sunny....
In Newcastle!? :smt044
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Iain wrote:Those of you having a night out in Newcastle while you're up there, there is a late night Gregg's next to the train station. Yes, after a night out you can have a ham and cheese bake and a sausage roll before you go to bed. That's surely a win.

And if one action summed up Newcastle as a City, it's that!
Do you have a problem with Newcastle?