Cole

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Cole

Post by amazing tiger »

Leicester prop Dan Cole is a doubt for England's Six Nations opener against Wales on 6 February, according to Tigers boss Richard Cockerill.

Cole missed the 17-8 victory over Bath on Sunday with a foot injury and joins team-mate Manu Tuilagi, who has a groin problem, on England's injury list.

"Manu and Coley are probably out until the end of the month," Cockerill said.

"They may well be fit for [the start of the tournament] but whether they'll be match fit I don't know. We will see."

Cole has not featured for England since last season's Six Nations, following a neck operation last summer, but the 27-year-old has made eight appearances for Leicester so far this season.

Tuilagi, 23, was injured in Leicester's European Champions Cup win over Ulster in October, forcing him out of the autumn internationals.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: cole

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Who gives a toss about England? I want to see the pair of them in the green, red and white.
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:Who gives a toss about England? I want to see the pair of them in the green, red and white.
+1
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:Who gives a toss about England? I want to see the pair of them in the green, red and white.
I think they do, to start with.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

Don't disagree with that.
However, I would like to see them play a reasonable amount of time for their club, especially from a match-fitness perspective, before they go off with England.
Manu has barely played for us this season, due to his persistent groin problem.
Cole played relentlessly for club and country and ended up with a potentially career threatening injury.
I'm sure they both want to give themselves the best chance of long-term fitness.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Maximus66 wrote:
+1
+2 :smt023
os99

Post by os99 »

TigerLad wrote:
Maximus66 wrote:
+1
+2 :smt023
+3
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Maximus66 wrote:Don't disagree with that.
However, I would like to see them play a reasonable amount of time for their club, especially from a match-fitness perspective, before they go off with England.
Manu has barely played for us this season, due to his persistent groin problem.
Cole played relentlessly for club and country and ended up with a potentially career threatening injury.
I'm sure they both want to give themselves the best chance of long-term fitness.
I don’t want to see anybody play unless they are match fit for the level at which they’re playing. That wasn’t IGV’s original premise and I think his statement is a damning indictment of those who don’t give a damn about the players they claim to support.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

h's dad wrote: I don’t want to see anybody play unless they are match fit for the level at which they’re playing. That wasn’t IGV’s original premise and I think his statement is a damning indictment of those who don’t give a damn about the players they claim to support.
With all due respect I don't think you can read IGV's mind. From what IGV has posted in the past I don't think anyone could say he doesn't give a damn about the players, it is a figment of your imagination. I too want our players playing for us as soon as they are fit and don't give a hoot for England at the moment. I don't want our players rushed back just for England to break them.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Doghashadhisday wrote:
h's dad wrote: I don’t want to see anybody play unless they are match fit for the level at which they’re playing. That wasn’t IGV’s original premise and I think his statement is a damning indictment of those who don’t give a damn about the players they claim to support.
With all due respect I don't think you can read IGV's mind. From what IGV has posted in the past I don't think anyone could say he doesn't give a damn about the players, it is a figment of your imagination. I too want our players playing for us as soon as they are fit and don't give a hoot for England at the moment. I don't want our players rushed back just for England to break them.
You are correct in saying that I can't read IGV's mind. I was going on what he had written. I thought this was made clear when I specified that I was commenting on his statement. I don't think anybody on this thread has suggested rushing players back for England, least of all me.
If people elect not to give a hoot or toss for England at this or any other time that is their prerogative.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Cole

Post by Roly »

Calm down ladies.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

I've got a vague idea about how IGV's mind works.

I see no point in even thinking about including Dan and Manu in the 6N. Let them get back to full match fitness at Leicester and, barring any further injuries, they'll be raring to go come September 18th.

England have plenty more tightheads and outside centres to choose from over February and March: we do not.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Now that’s fair comment. I am sure that Richard Cockerill (although I can’t read his mind either) would agree with you. I just hope Lancaster does as well.
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

Whilst it would be good to have the players back for the club, I have to say that the contribution we have made to Englands World Cup preparations as England's number one club is really poor.

Manu, Croft, Cole, OTY, Geoff between them have missed the best part of sixty-seventy caps between them under Lancaster.

It's just really disappointing for the players, the club and the country. Not anybody's fault. Just a shame.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Well here is Cole'y in Green - Red & White at the awards ceremony with probably the worst tie presentation of ALL TIEM !! :-
http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/216 ... Lv4NFKzWic