Freddie Burns

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Freddie Burns

Post by floridaboy »

Anyone else npotice freddies new kicking style last night ? shorter run up and much less time spent over the kick !
Jon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Freddie Burns

Post by Jon »

Was it an improved kicking percentage?
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

Jon wrote:Was it an improved kicking percentage?
Yes, I think he missed one from 4 and that was from the touchline, allthough he did put one over from the other side earlier, looked as though a bit of confidence returned last night with him, he looked far sharper than of late.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Might explain some of his kicking issues this season. Adapting to a new technique might have been awkward.

He's a good player he just needs confidence and we should see some consistency. He certainly started well early doors.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

My brother mentioned something about it interesting.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

RagingBull wrote:My brother mentioned something about it interesting.
Yeah it was certainly a very different technique
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Sometimes best to just rebuild completely than to be forever tinkering. I really hope his kicking does get sorted as when the grounds start to harden up he will be very useful!
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

I really hope Burns comes good. He is down the pecking order with England and not really the sort of player a French team would go for. Also, I happen to think he's a really good player and we need two good 10's.
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

smalldell wrote:I really hope Burns comes good. He is down the pecking order with England and not really the sort of player a French team would go for. Also, I happen to think he's a really good player and we need two good 10's.

Also did a fine job at 15!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I think he will come good once the grounds firm up..He was helped at Gloucester by the wide pitch and isn't finding the same space at WR in my opinion!

Still think he will click in once he has some more options in the backs..
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

On current evidence he is at a lot lower level than Williams. But if he goes back to Wales then he really has to step up.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

JackFlashJonny wrote:I think he will come good once the grounds firm up..He was helped at Gloucester by the wide pitch and isn't finding the same space at WR in my opinion!

Still think he will click in once he has some more options in the backs..
Needs backs that will punch holes, his out of hand kicking was much better on Monday night.
Blabyboy

Post by Blabyboy »

I am confidant burns will come good, we have to remember he has come from a softie fairy club into an atmosphere of winners and hard uncompromising men, it will take time for him to adjust, as it does for most of our new signings, but he has the talent, if he has the stomach for the fight, I think he will be great. Look out for him next season.
The sooner we get done, the more we can do !
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

Blabyboy wrote:I am confidant burns will come good, we have to remember he has come from a softie fairy club into an atmosphere of winners and hard uncompromising men, it will take time for him to adjust, as it does for most of our new signings, but he has the talent, if he has the stomach for the fight, I think he will be great. Look out for him next season.
Well said many players have gone in to the tigers machine and come out the next season far better players than when they entered. He must be fed up of all the flack he is taking at the moment and nice to see someone speak positively about the lad for once!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

+1
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man