Castro interview

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Baggy Trousers

Re: Castro interview

Post by Baggy Trousers »

Tigerbeat wrote:Forgive him for what?.....using foul and abusive language. Castro was held as an icon who kids looked up to. If this is how he behaves whether in front of the crowd or with the media then I am bitterly disappointed. He has let the spirit of rugby down, his team and himself.
If the interview is as quoted, I hope that they throw the book at him and make him realise that no-one is bigger than rugby and he needs to behave like a professional rugby player.

As for Delon Armitage, he has got history and should be taught respect for fans.

Rant over!!
A splendid rant Tigerbeat :smt023

I've never liked Castro, he was the first man in rugby to do the patting on the head to opponents for mistakes and concession of penalties. Uncalled for nonsense.

I fully understand why many Tigers fans will feel otherwise, given his service to you, but to me he has been borderline lowlife for years.

Felon Armitage on the other hand has been a widely recognised disgrace to the game for many years, his attitude to fellow pros a disgrace typified by his actions in scoring that try in the final in Dublin, a sneering lowlife who in one of his greatest moments - winning a HC final - his first thought was to taunt opponents. His rap sheet speaks of a soul with no regard for opponents.

If what he is reported to have said to Tigers fans is true, it would be fair to say he simply confirms what a nasty soul he really is. He is a sad chap who would have been perfect for wendyball.

Sadly the punishment that can be meted out to these gentlemen starts at 4 weeks with 11 weeks maximum. Hardly seems adequate.

As for the game, hearty congratulations on the win, I hope you repeat it next week, for given Ulster are out of contention - really struggling to find 23 bodies for this week & will lose in Wales - I'd far rather you went through than Toulon, a club I despise.

Good luck Tigers.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

speedski wrote:More detail on bbc too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/30414826
I wouldn't trust Cockers further than I could spit a decent sized rat! Management speak with forked tongue. Always have.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

If Toulon have re-imbursed Castro then I would lose any respect I have left for the guy.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Big Dai wrote:

I wouldn't trust Cockers further than I could spit a decent sized rat! Management speak with forked tongue. Always have.
I believe, and always have, that Cockerill is a class act. Proven by his reaction to Castro's rant. Cockerill's story adds up -

(C)I want to play
(T)You are not picked
(C)I want to go
(T)You are under contract
(C)Toulon will buy out my contract
(T)oh, apparently they won't
(C)I will pay it myself!
(T)So be it.

It all adds up - Can't understand why Cockerill would say he left for the money,[When he was hissed off (spelling again)] - but he knows more than I do.

There is nothing in this story (IMHO, of course) that I have heard which puts Tigers, or Tigers' management in a bad light.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Phil B wrote:
Big Dai wrote:

I believe, and always have, that Cockerill is a class act. Proven by his reaction to Castro's rant. Cockerill's story adds up -

(C)I want to play
(T)You are not picked
(C)I want to go
(T)You are under contract
(C)Toulon will buy out my contract
(T)oh, apparently they won't
(C)I will pay it myself!
(T)So be it.

It all adds up - Can't understand why Cockerill would say he left for the money,[When he was hissed off (spelling again)] - but he knows more than I do.

There is nothing in this story (IMHO, of course) that I have heard which puts Tigers, or Tigers' management in a bad light.
There's always two sides to any tale. Some managers are good, some have their favourites and there's more than one way to squeeze a bloke out, provoke anger then shrug the shoulders with the face of an innocent when it all goes off. Clever? Shrewd? Cunning? But never class. That's something else. (IMVHO.....of course!)
Red Boots

Post by Red Boots »

Of course there is no need to worry what effect this vitriol will have on Logovi'i and Ines. Let no one ever accuse us of thinking.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Red Boots wrote:Of course there is no need to worry what effect this vitriol will have on Logovi'i and Ines. Let no one ever accuse us of thinking.
I would be very surprised if they didn't know about his feelings before hand.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Big Dai wrote:

I really don't want to know about your diet. Sometimes when you throw mud you just wind up with poo on your hand Big Dai.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Red Boots wrote:Of course there is no need to worry what effect this vitriol will have on Logovi'i and Ines. Let no one ever accuse us of thinking.

Very good point. Uncle Castro was clearly not thinking about the effects his rant may have on them. No doubt he will now have time to repent at his leisure back in France.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Getting right boring now this thread....
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

h's dad wrote:
Big Dai wrote:

I really don't want to know about your diet. Sometimes when you throw mud you just wind up with poo on your hand Big Dai.
I'm not throwing mud...............just trying to see two sides of a tale.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Big Dai wrote:
h's dad wrote:
Big Dai wrote:I wouldn't trust Cockers further than I could spit a decent sized rat! Management speak with forked tongue. Always have.
I'm not throwing mud...............just trying to see two sides of a tale.
I should have spotted that from your neutral even-handed evidence based comment.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game