Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

England XV vs SA

Post by jgriffin »

http://tinyurl.com/odmymw8
Only one enforced change then. :smt009

Interesting - another comment in the growth of questions about SL's tactics.

http://tinyurl.com/llvxxls

Regardless of my opinions and disagreements with others, I would like to see England put up less of a shambles, indeed something MUCH better. The pack should have some parity, although it is more in the tight five I think we will struggle than in the breakdown (as opposed to last week).
It's the half-backs that have me worried.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: England XV vs SA

Post by tigerburnie »

What worries me is I hear comments about "players really pushing for a place", then pick a bloke on the wing that's scored, I believe only one try this season? Never mind picking players with little or no game time this season . I don't know how this is going to be fixed, but the way the team is selected is not working, I'd start with not playing league games when it's international time, bin the AI's and have the six nations during a gap in the league program. Finish the EPS and look at picking a team that is better balanced and more on form.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Picking EPS does not really give opportunitites for players to prove to SL they are worthy of a spot. I believe that players on form should be picked, not just because they are someones favourite!
I feel again it will be a lacklustre performance with a poor kicking game. :smt022
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

The EPS was delayed by two months until October 22nd for exactly that reason. Everybody got the chance to prove their form.

A player like Eastmond, who had a shocker in the third test this summer, retained his place because of his brilliant at Bath. The same applies to Barritt who has played well at Saracens and Rokoduguni at Bath.

Also players like Joseph, and the young Exeter guys were all named on the basis of the their early season form.

The number ten shirt was in the hands of Freddie Burns. He played two out of three tests in the summer. Like Eastmond he had a shocking third test, but unlike Eastmond he did not come back to his club and show decent form. And so the shirt defaulted back to Farrell.

A player like Chris Ashton also lost his place on form, so too Ben Youngs who played two of the three summer tests.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Doesn't matter if the entire country was in the EPS if you select the wrong players anyway. The basic problem remains the back row and the half backs and the way they're playing. Think it will be another loss at the weekend.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Northeast Tiger

Post by Northeast Tiger »

G.K wrote:Doesn't matter if the entire country was in the EPS if you select the wrong players anyway. The basic problem remains the back row and the half backs and the way they're playing. Think it will be another loss at the weekend.
I have to agree with G.K. The best teams in the world have an out and out dog of an openside. Robshaw is a good player but definitely a six when compared to the likes of Warburton, Macaw and others. Salvi would be great for England but cannot play obviously.Who is the best English 7 out there at the moment? Will Frazer impresses me every time I see him play.
We will defend well against the Boks but can we attack with the team Lancaster has picked ? Great teams win by securing ball that should not be theirs,hence why Neil Back and Lewis Moody were so good for England.