Sarries 23 this week?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries 23 this week?

Post by sapajo »

[quote Can anyone remember a single maul that didn't result in a penalty for in at the sides against the defending team? [/quote]

Indeed but only when it was a Tigers maul.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

sapajo wrote:[quote Can anyone remember a single maul that didn't result in a penalty for in at the sides against the defending team?
Indeed but only when it was a Tigers maul.[/quote]

The only 2 times I remember Tigers going for a catch and drive, rather than off the top, both resulted in Tigers penalties for Sarries in the side.

There may have been some from open play that I missed
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:
sapajo wrote:[quote Can anyone remember a single maul that didn't result in a penalty for in at the sides against the defending team?
Indeed but only when it was a Tigers maul.
The only 2 times I remember Tigers going for a catch and drive, rather than off the top, both resulted in Tigers penalties for Sarries in the side.

There may have been some from open play that I missed[/quote]

Agreed and the instances I observed did occur during open play
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

tigerburnie wrote:I was a little worried before the game, but the lads toughed out a tricky one, take some positives from that one with Toulon not too far away.
I am sad to say, I agree with TB here. I was expecting a losing BP if we were lucky looking at Saffas matchday squad. To take 2 points is a great positive but as mentioned before why does Benjamin lose the ball so easily or knock on in great attacking positions. He cost us at Parc Y Scarlet, and in some Prem games before that!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

When was the last time we had been 3 consecutive competitive games (Including LV CUP)where we have held to the team to a maximum of 1 try.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

RagingBull wrote:When was the last time we had been 3 consecutive competitive games (Including LV CUP)where we have held to the team to a maximum of 1 try.
Blimey didn't realise this stat. Defence getting better then,or teams ideas falling away!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

A fair result on a grim day. Sarries won't mind not losing and we should be happy with the points given the side they brought up & that we could put out.
I spent a lot of time watching Thorn today, rather than the ball, and although I know this has been explored on the 'Choice of Captain' thread just find myself wondering if that is where we didn't get our points from today? He was always talking to Sir, always geeing up our boys. So maybe that idea to give him the captaincy until after the AIs is/was a good one ??
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I must say that Mele did not have a very good day at the office and on that showing I expect Harrison to come back into the mix.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Was also the first time in 16 League games that Saracens failed to score a try.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

sapajo wrote:I must say that Mele did not have a very good day at the office and on that showing I expect Harrison to come back into the mix.
It was sad not to see Harrison/Williams axis today as a starting pair.
Feel would have speeded up the back play as Mele was poor!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Just watched the game and looked at the penalties in replay. Some tough decisions for both sides but Sarries did dip out the most IMO. Looking back at the last one, Tigers were very lucky to get the nod on that one. Tigers played the most rugby but maybe not the best ploy on the day? Sarries came to live of the Tigers mistakes and did it well. Still 2 points is better than 1 or none. The Tigers just need to get past 71 points against LW next weekend, lets see just how good their game plan is then? Wasps chopped and changed theirs around with speed and direction doing the basics well - can The Tigers emulate?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sapajo wrote:I must say that Mele did not have a very good day at the office and on that showing I expect Harrison to come back into the mix.
Depends how long he is out for.

Harrison was on the bench but was a late withdrawal.

Why does he always get injured when it is his best time to strike.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

i love how everyone was saying that mele should start when youngs was playing and know he is we are all moaning about him. :smt043 yes he didnt have a great game but the whole side didnt have a great game.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Also think some on here are being way to harsh on Benjamin he has hardly played since 2 seasons ago, and has played 4 games in 2 weeks now scoring 3 tries.

His high balls are lacking something but the conditions have been :censored: (Yes no excuse at this level but still his confidence will be low at them ATM).

But what he is starting to do now is look for the work in the middle and is hitting his lines hard even against a very big defensive unit like Sarries.

Give him dryer conditions and he will be ripping up defensive lines imo.

I suspect though if Morris was fit he would have started with Scully mainly because they are probably the 2 safest wingers with the high balls we have.

Hopefully in the right weather he will be on fire next week (Hopefully).
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Remember how Tait was when he came back from a long layoff into fullback. Geordy sorted him out.