Quins Vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Quins Vs Tigers

Post by Tigerbeat »

A win against Sale should guarantee a top four finish for Tigers.....Quins still have to play Bath so one of those teams is going to be out of the reckoning by the final round. IMHO

Disappointing loss but still all to play for!

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

kpj tiger wrote: we seemed to be on self destruct at times
I cannot argue with that :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Missed Waldrom from the bench. Personally wanted Matera off when injured and GP on as Slater would have been more productive at 8 than Gibson. Wrigglesworth had a shocker, no idea at the reverse penalty. It should still have been a Tigers pen. . Poor refereeing consistency again and why does this not get sorted by the assessors. Ruined what could have been a great game. O'Shea saying Sinkler had a good game....joke he dumped the scrum everytime. Wayne Barnes for me everytime please.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:A win against Sale should guarantee a top four finish for Tigers.....Quins still have to play Bath so one of those teams is going to be out of the reckoning by the final round. IMHO

Disappointing loss but still all to play for!

:smt023
Sarries here we come :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

kpj tiger wrote:And the doom mongering returns, with the season we have had an LBP away to quins isn't that bad of a result, remember how we played against Saints and Clermont, we can still produce the goods it just so happened today we seemed to be on self destruct at times
..............And the happy clap returns! It's going to take more than the goods we produce to beat Sarries for the title!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

kpj tiger wrote:
And the doom mongering returns, with the season we have had an LBP away to quins isn't that bad of a result, remember how we played against Saints and Clermont, we can still produce the goods it just so happened today we seemed to be on self destruct at times

Kpj we are at the point in the season when we have to win if we want a home semi, we are not being doom mongers, we cannot just accept results like that if we want to acheive our goal.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

LE18 wrote:kpj tiger wrote:
And the doom mongering returns, with the season we have had an LBP away to quins isn't that bad of a result, remember how we played against Saints and Clermont, we can still produce the goods it just so happened today we seemed to be on self destruct at times

Kpj we are at the point in the season when we have to win if we want a home semi, we are not being doom mongers, we cannot just accept results like that if we want to acheive our goal.
But we cannot expect a team who has had an extemely tough season (one of the worst i can remember in terms of injuries) to beat every team week in week out, we are still without the likes of Cole, Croft, Benjamin and Comacho who are all top quality players who we miss, Parling is yet to be back at full fitness too, This season might prove to be too much but hey we cant win every year
Last edited by kpj tiger on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

A home semi final was always a big ask with it being in the hands of Saints.......a win against Irish tomorrow should more or less get them a home semi.

Tigers are realistically playing for 3rd or 4th but need at least one more win.
www.matthampson.co.uk
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Tigerbeat wrote:A home semi final was always a big ask with it being in the hands of Saints.......a win against Irish tomorrow should more or less get them a home semi.

Tigers are realistically playing for 3rd or 4th but need at least one more win.
Exactly my point, tonights loss didn't lose us the home semi, results earlier in the season did, our poor early season is coming back to bite us
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I think at one point we had no centres and players were being asked to play out of position to fill the centres. This did not provide a strong defence and Tigers suffered.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

The injury list has been phenomenal........but we are still not up there with the best. We've played a forward dominated game and I think our tactics are suspect. We've come unstuck against pace and were undone by fast hands and good line speed in defence. The injury tale of woe does not cut it for me.

Next season may well tell the complete story. Although I'd be delighted to be proved wrong I'm not expecting much this season.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Big Dai wrote:The injury list has been phenomenal........but we are still not up there with the best. We've played a forward dominated game and I think our tactics are suspect. We've come unstuck against pace and were undone by fast hands and good line speed in defence. The injury tale of woe does not cut it for me.

Next season may well tell the complete story. Although I'd be delighted to be proved wrong I'm not expecting much this season.
I think the forwards dominated game has been a bit forçed given the significant injuries in the backs, Manu, Allen, Tait, Goneva, Smith, Bowden, Thompstone, Hepetema, Benjamin, Camacho

Add to that the injuries to Croft, Parling, Mafi and Cole, Tigers have done better than expected. With most of the players available Tigers will be competitive with most teams.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Tigerbeat wrote:
Big Dai wrote:The injury list has been phenomenal........but we are still not up there with the best. We've played a forward dominated game and I think our tactics are suspect. We've come unstuck against pace and were undone by fast hands and good line speed in defence. The injury tale of woe does not cut it for me.

I think the forwards dominated game has been a bit forçed given the significant injuries in the backs, Manu, Allen, Tait, Goneva, Smith, Bowden, Thompstone, Hepetema, Benjamin, Camacho

Add to that the injuries to Croft, Parling, and Cole, Tigers have done better than expected. With most of the players available Tigers will be competitive with most teams.
I think we put more emphasis on our forwards than on our backs. I believe we always have done. 1 to 8, up close, confrontational and in their faces. Even Cockers boasts about the money and time we put into the scrum............even all fit and raring to we will be competitive. But not the best I fear with out better balance to the game plan.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Forwards are the most important part of the team.....they win you ball, the backs finish the work started by the forwards. Cockers, like other coaches, have difficult decisions to make about the balance of the squad.
Tigers have always been known for forwards strength .....it would be nice for the backs to be scoring every game........results will ultimately decide the success of a season!
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

Tigerbeat wrote:Forwards are the most important part of the team.....they win you ball, the backs finish the work started by the forwards. Cockers, like other coaches, have difficult decisions to make about the balance of the squad.
Tigers have always been known for forwards strength .....it would be nice for the backs to be scoring every game........results will ultimately decide the success of a season!
Exactly. It doesn't matter how good your backs are; if your forwards are lightweight and rubbish, they'll never see the ball. Just look at Gloucester.