Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Glaws

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Bunchy wrote:
mike wrote:If Tigers can't get 5 points against the present shambles that is Gloucester Cockerill & Co might as well pack up . The Wuss display was just not good enough with all those International 'stars' on the pitch .
We've all missed your positive mullings
Brilliant, just what I was thinking when I read this yesterday :smt005
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="Noddy555"]I agree with the positive feed back about Mafi, but where do you play him, as both Gibson and Salvi have been huge this season. I'd like to see Steve given a go in the number 8 shirt. I think he could make this his own and provide stiff competition for Crane and Steve's Tongan colleague who's supposed to be joining us in September.[/quote]

I'm a big fan of Steeeve, and I would love to see him back to his best. We know he has been through a very tough time, and I appreciate this will not happen overnight. However, since coming back he has played in a few games now, but has been virtually anonymous. It is a worry for me that, as yet, he is a shadow of his former self. I hope that he just needs more game time to get up to speed.
Does anyone know if his family are now here with him, or are they still fighting immigation officials?
jonnyatom5

Post by jonnyatom5 »

Team's up...

15 Mathew Tait
14 Vereniki Goneva
13 Matt Smith
12 Anthony Allen
11 Adam Thompstone
10 Toby Flood (c)
9 Ben Youngs
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Tom Youngs
3 Logovi'i Mulipola
4 Ed Slater
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Jamie Gibson
7 Julian Salvi
8 Jordan Crane

Replacements
16 Rob Hawkins
17 Boris Stankovich
18 Fraser Balmain
19 Louis Deacon
20 Thomas Waldrom
21 David Mele
22 Owen Williams
23 Blaine Scully
leybournetiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by leybournetiger »

Great to see Kitch back in the pack
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Very strong side, pity no Steeeeve, but we can win this game with, I hope some style. We need a settled side gelling together to have any hope in the Heineken match, the momentum starts here.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrsssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Rob Cook; Charlie Sharples, Henry Trinder, Mike Tindall (capt), Martyn Thomas; Ryan Mills, Dan Robson; Nick Wood, Darren Dawidiuk, Sila Puafisi; Elliott Stooke, Will James; Sione Kalamafoni, Matt Kvesic, Ben Morgan

Replacements:

Huia Edmonds, Yann Thomas, Rupert Harden, James Hudson, Matt Cox, Jimmy Cowan, Freddie Burns, Shane Monahan
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Interestingly Burns is on the bench :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

All this talk of just needing to win…

Bonus points are an integral part of the game now. Sadly, I don't see us putting pressure on the top 2 without a few TBP wins between now and the end of March. Totally agree we just have to beat Quins, Saints, Sarries, but the lesser teams are a bonus point opportunity every time.

Weather conditions aside and remember it is February - Gloucester are possibly the worst team in the AP at the moment (including Worcester). I went to the game at Kingsholm earlier in the season and their pack is truly awful. Minus 12T and May and I'm not sure what they will have to offer… other than Mr Burns wanting to prove a point. Should be a fairly comfortable TBP win on Sunday if the players turn up and we are realistic about contending this year. Plus, Sale managed a bonus point win against them last week...

NB Agree on views to start Mafi (give Salvi a week off). Not up to his previous best this season so a good chance for him to step up against Gloucester's pack of cards.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Looks like my posts crossed with team news arriving - shows what I know with no Steve picked! Are Gloucester trying to pick a back-line as weak as their forwards by omitting Burns…?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Good news is that the weather is set fair for Sunday so hopefully we will see some exciting high quality rugby without the weather intervening and at the very least a decent Tigers performance and win . :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

I agree with Partridge. I watched that Gloucester win against Worcester and Glaws were very fortunate to win. Hopefully the forecast for Sunday will be correct and we can finally give someone a proper good hiding....could be what we need to really kick start our awesome finish to the season.

:smt052
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Any idea who Sir is?
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="Tomvarndell"]I agree with Partridge. I watched that Gloucester win against Worcester and Glaws were very fortunate to win. Hopefully the forecast for Sunday will be correct and we can finally give someone a proper good hiding....could be what we need to really kick start our awesome finish to the season.

:smt052[/quote]

And last week weren't Tigers also fortunate to win against Worcs?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

fentiger wrote:Any idea who Sir is?
Dean Richards I believe
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

We were away.....Glaws were lucky at home. And we were still the better side last week in a game played in poor conditions.