Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Sale on the move again - fixture change

Post by BJ. »

From Sky Sports News

It would seem everything is not wine and roses at the AJ Bell Stadium. As the article says, transport and infrastructure appear to be the main problems. The timing of this news is perfect as I only just bought two tickets for our match there on 3 May yesterday.
Last edited by BJ. on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sale on the move again?

Post by Stu_F »

They've signed a 25 year contract so possibly postering rather than a genuine threat. The lawyers would have fun trying to extract them with 23 still left.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

It is probably one of the worst stadia to get to on a Friday night with your nerves still intact.
I have to go up there a lot and am happy to avoid the West and North sections of the M60.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

jgriffin wrote:It is probably one of the worst stadia to get to on a Friday night with your nerves still intact.
Luckily this match has been moved to Saturday with a 15.00 k/o. Milady and myself are flying out of Manchester at 08.30 the following day so we've decided to have a leisurely drive up on the Saturday and overnight it in Altrincham, just half a mile from the renowned Essence Indian restaurant. Result!

FYI, tickets are available from the Sharks website so you can choose where you sit/stand. Our seats are right by the side of the tunnel.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Fine - I enjoyed our one visit to Stockport, plenty of pubs in the Good Beer Guide and we have the budget hotel scene sorted complete with decent curry house nearby. Let's go to Edgeley Park!
Tigers - true Champions!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

It's shockingly bad for a brand new custom built stadium, a lesson I learned during a delightful 2 hour wait to leave a car park presided over by surly teenagers who did not seem to grasp that some of us might not want to give up our previous lives and start afresh as inhabitants of this stretch of dirty potholed tarmac. It's not much better once you get inside as I've seen school sports days better attended and with more of an atmosphere. Regarding the drop-off in gate receipts I can't imagine ditching Salford from the name of a stadium hugely subsidized with public funds did much to garner any much needed goodwill.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

In case you've missed it, the Sale v Tigers match scheduled for Sat 03 May is now a 15.15 k/o as it's being televised by BT Sports. Confirmation.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale on the move again - fixture change

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

BJ. wrote:In case you've missed it, the Sale v Tigers match scheduled for Sat 03 May is now a 15.15 k/o as it's being televised by BT Sports. Confirmation.
This simply is not good enough BJ. Why did you not inform us of this change at the beginning of the season. This is typical disregard of the paying public by you and the club :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:This simply is not good enough BJ. Why did you not inform us of this change at the beginning of the season. This is typical disregard of the paying public by you and the club :smt003
But I did!

I put the revised fixture list on display at Welford Road and it's been there for the past nine months. Admittedly, it was in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard' but nevertheless it was there for all to peruse. I even hung a yellow balaclava on the door handle to give you a bigger clue as to its whereabouts.

Please try and keep up. :smt002
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BJ. wrote:
Smurphswillgetya wrote:This simply is not good enough BJ. Why did you not inform us of this change at the beginning of the season. This is typical disregard of the paying public by you and the club :smt003
But I did!

I put the revised fixture list on display at Welford Road and it's been there for the past nine months. Admittedly, it was in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard' but nevertheless it was there for all to peruse. I even hung a yellow balaclava on the door handle to give you a bigger clue as to its whereabou

Please try and keep up. :smt002
And you were kind enough to leave it on Earth :smt003
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes but this time it's a good change much prefer a Saturday fixture than Friday night or Sunday! And that's a must win match for the Tigers.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Sale Sharks have confirmed that they will play their home games next season at the AJ Bell Stadium on Saturday afternoons at 2pm.

Co-Owner Brian Kennedy explained the club's decision to move to Saturday afternoon kick offs by saying, " The club have played Friday night rugby since 2002, but with the move to the new stadium in 2012, the attendances have dropped off despite the team playing winning rugby this season. We have taken on board the feedback from our supporters and the main reason for non attendance would appear to be transport problems that accompany Friday evening games. We have played two Saturday afternoon games in 2014 and our supporters tell us that they have a more relaxed journey to the stadium and enjoy their experience better.”

From Premiership Rugby
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

The irony being that Sale have made a very wise decision to move games to Saturday from next season when, current form considered, greater television coverage will likely force games to be played on Friday!
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Thanks for the update. :smt023
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="Skin_and_Muscle"]The irony being that Sale have made a very wise decision to move games to Saturday from next season when, current form considered, greater television coverage will likely force games to be played on Friday![/quote]

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Would be nice for Tigers to play all of the home games at 3.00pm on Saturdays. Wishful thinking on Sale's part I think, as there's the TV schedules to fill.