Tigers vs Ulster - Teams up!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiggerhappy

Re: Tigers vs Ulster

Post by Tiggerhappy »

I just hope we don't scrape through with a losing bp. That would probably mean a QF away to Ravenhill and we haven't won over there in years. We only got the losing bp away last Oct because the ref got the offside decision wrong for Jackson's try.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

This is going to be a cracker of a game. Hopefully TY, Slater and Kitch are back because we will need all we have to win this. The forwards need to step up massively, they have been poor recently and we will be punished if this continues.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

TigerLad wrote:This is going to be a cracker of a game. Hopefully TY, Slater and Kitch are back because we will need all we have to win this. The forwards need to step up massively, they have been poor recently and we will be punished if this continues.

KEEP THE FAITH!

:smt027 :smt023 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
SilebyTiger

Post by SilebyTiger »

The arrogance on the uafc board is incredible. We haven't lost a home HC game since 2006 remember. If we have aspirations of winning the thing we need to beat Ulster at home. But I'd like us to do it convincingly. A lot more confident now AA is back.
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

What have they been saying?
snipewatson

Post by snipewatson »

SilebyTiger wrote:The arrogance on the uafc board is incredible. We haven't lost a home HC game since 2006 remember. If we have aspirations of winning the thing we need to beat Ulster at home. But I'd like us to do it convincingly. A lot more confident now AA is back.
Arrogance? Give me a break........
Do you see any Ulster fans over onto your board saying how we are going to rip you a new one? No, because that would be arrogant.
What sort of supporter's messageboard wouldn't be backing their team on our own board? I would expect you guys to be talking up your team's chances if the boot was on the other foot.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Well, you can probably guess by the way SKY have been blowing the Irish trumpet this season. Easy to get a higher opinion of yourself when that lot are gushing about you every week.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Baggy Trousers seemed pretty sure of his teams abilities on here before their match yesterday. :smt002
snipewatson

Post by snipewatson »

Bill W (2) wrote:
TigerLad wrote:This is going to be a cracker of a game. Hopefully TY, Slater and Kitch are back because we will need all we have to win this. The forwards need to step up massively, they have been poor recently and we will be punished if this continues.

KEEP THE FAITH!

Can't wait Bill. Gonna be a classic. :smt023
snipewatson

Post by snipewatson »

Darc Tiger wrote:Baggy Trousers seemed pretty sure of his teams abilities on here before their match yesterday. :smt002
He was right too. We played really badly and still won the game scored 3 tries and had two ruled out by TMO. We were shocking and have been for a few weeks, but like yourselves we have some good players just coming back and getting up to speed.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

snipewatson wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:
KEEP THE FAITH!

Can't wait Bill. Gonna be a classic. :smt023
Looking forward to it!!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

Can't wait, Ulster fans are great and enjoy themselves win, lose or draw. Whatever the result (although I hope and expect Tiger's to win )it'll be a great event and I will be staying for a beer or two afterwards!
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

300 hundred mile round trip!
6 o'clock kick off
Can't find a (walking distance) hotel room
Can't wait for it :smt026 :smt026
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

According to twee from Martin Crowson, Cockerill admitted that Mele was putting pressure on Ben Youngs for the No.9 shirt and if Flood still cant kick next week Mele will have a good chance of starting at scrum-half. Ben Youngs just out of form at the moment.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
BigMervyn

Post by BigMervyn »

Well done on the qualification.

Your home form is impressive in Europe but our away form is none too shabby either. We've only lost one group game on the road in the last 3 years and that was a narrow loss in Clermont.

I think it's fair to say that both teams have been mostly doing enough to get the job done in this competition so far. Montpellier away was our stand out performance of the season and if we can approach that level of intensity at WR it should be a good one.

Looks as if there's quite a few going over from here. Looking forward to the banter, a few beers and a decent curry.