Wuss this weekend

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JerryGas

Re: Wuss this weekend

Post by JerryGas »

Fantastic looking line-up to me, although I wonder whether Bowden and Allen will swap round - particularly when Wuss have possession?
Can't wait!
Jerry, Crumbie terrace season ticket holder from South Glos.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

yep great looking side. Thank you Jumbo (aka Cockers!).
Soggypitch
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

"Leicester are champions and Welford Road is not an easy place to go at any time. But I think we will be more excited there than at any other stadium.

"We will gain ten per cent because we are fired up about being at Welford Road and we have a chance.

"That applies to every single game if we are competitive. We have got to be our best and they have got to take us for granted - and it happens all the time.

"Competitive behaviour is something we have got to get in this club every time we take to the field and that doesn't matter where we are."

Leicester Tigers vs. Worcester Warriors
15 Chris Pennell
14 Josh Drauniniu
13 Ravai Fatiaki
12 Josh Matavesi
11 David Lemi
10 Ignacio Mieres
9 Jeremy Su'a

1 Jeremy Becasseau
2 Ed Shervington
3 John Andress
4 Mike Williams
5 Dean Schofield
6 Jonathan Thomas (C)
7 Sam Betty
8 Semisi Taulava

Replacements
16 Nick Seymour
17 Paul Andrew
18 Rob O'Donnell
19 Chris Jones
20 Jake Abbott
21 Paul Hodgson
22 Danny Gray
23 Jon Clarke
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Two attacking teams - this might be a high scoring game.
I would not be surprised to see Wuss targetting the Lamb/Bowden channel, especially as Mieres has had decent games against us when he was with Exe, both with the boot and in open play. I hope they have had some extra tackling practice.

Puzzled about having YBY and Manu named on the bench - Cockers wouldn't play them if they weren't fit, would he?
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

MurphysLaw wrote:Puzzled about having YBY and Manu named on the bench - Cockers wouldn't play them if they weren't fit, would he?
Especially after what he said about the Lions playing them whilst injured. There is a history of the line-up changing between being published and kick off though. On the other hand they might be physically fit but not match fit so if all is going well they might get 15 mins at the end to stretch their legs.

Bags of speed and power scattered round the backs, not to mention Croft. Good looking pack too. It should be a good game if we don't have the usual slow start to the season. Wuss will be trying show what they can do for their new gaffer, but likewise our backs with theirs. Personally I am very excited to see what a difference Geordie and Burke will make. The recents 7's and last week looked really good for the preseason.

Bring it on :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

tigerburnie wrote:"Leicester are champions and Welford Road is not an easy place to go at any time. But I think we will be more excited there than at any other stadium.

"We will gain ten per cent because we are fired up about being at Welford Road and we have a chance.

"That applies to every single game if we are competitive. We have got to be our best and they have got to take us for granted - and it happens all the time.

"Competitive behaviour is something we have got to get in this club every time we take to the field and that doesn't matter where we are."

Leicester Tigers vs. Worcester Warriors
15 Chris Pennell
14 Josh Drauniniu
13 Ravai Fatiaki
12 Josh Matavesi
11 David Lemi
10 Ignacio Mieres
9 Jeremy Su'a

1 Jeremy Becasseau
2 Ed Shervington
3 John Andress
4 Mike Williams
5 Dean Schofield
6 Jonathan Thomas (C)
7 Sam Betty
8 Semisi Taulava

Replacements
16 Nick Seymour
17 Paul Andrew
18 Rob O'Donnell
19 Chris Jones
20 Jake Abbott
21 Paul Hodgson
22 Danny Gray
23 Jon Clarke
Young mister Bécasseau comes from Stade Français. I had the pleasure to discuss with him on various occasions after training sessions and he is a fine young man, with ambition, hence is move to Wuss. His eyes shine when he discusses rugby. At Stade Français he was mainly fielded during the Amlin challenge and he had a great match at loosehead against the formidable pack of Grenoble. Will he stand any chance against Mr Cole? Frankly I don't think so, but he'll learn a great deal.

Come on Tigers, what. :smt026
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

I hope that M. Becasseau is tied into a Red Knot by one Dan Cole, or at best has his mind on better times as a Surfbird.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9casseau
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I am sooooo looking forward to this! :smt026
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Not sure what the weather is like down there, but we have glorious sunshine up here, would be perfect for some equally glorious rugby.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRRrrrrrrrssssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

tigerburnie wrote:Not sure what the weather is like down there, but we have glorious sunshine up here, would be perfect for some equally glorious rugby.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRRrrrrrrrssssssss

It's nice and sunny here in Belper at the moment. The Beeb has it at 15° for this afternoon in Leicester with possibly a light rain shower around 15.00 and a gentle SSW breeze.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Apart from one missed tackle by Croft , that was a near perfect first half. OTY lineout throwing still a bit wayward and Lamb hasn't quite got his kicking from the floor spot on yet. But good attacking and good defending against a big Wuss side, who are giving it a good go.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrsssss

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Bonus point win to start the season, can't complain about that. Well done boys
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Bonus point win to start the season off :smt003

We never really seemed to get out of 1st gear but we got the job done and thats all that matters, lot of improvement to come as well which is a positive.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Good start. Would have been a point dropped if not for Niki though. But we looked like we had a lot left in the tank.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Good to start with a five point win but, the team certainly took the foot off the gas for periods. Plenty to work on before the next match.

Who was MOTM?