Who are all the unhappy players at Leicester?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Who are all the unhappy players at Leicester?

Post by Smudge »

Castro scathing about RC and Cohen.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugb ... 88128.html

Yet another fine mess following on from George,Agulla,36, Moody,etc.
A life long Tiger
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Who are all the unhappy players at Leicester?

Post by BJ. »

Same old, same old. :smt015 :smt015 :smt015

This is not new news. Try looking at the date on the article.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Oh dear, I have just noticed the date, having been off on my travels.(Canada)
First time I have seen it.Having said that it is pretty strong stuff,I would be grateful to Castro
if he would enlighten us as to just who they are.
Lewis's angst is writ large in his book but who are they amongst those still here?
Come on Castro, if you do read this forum (as alleged), name names!
A life long Tiger
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

This was done to death almost a month ago, and many lost much respect for Castro for the comments attributed to him.

An abridged summary is something like this:

Seem like Toulon made him an offer (despite being in contract), Castro was attracted (by the Euros) and asked to leave for Toulon. We discuss compensation with Toulon and agree on a figure but Toulon then renege on the agreement and leave Castro in limbo.

Castro then seemingly expected Tigers to simply let him go due to his previous 'loyalty', and was upset when he had to buy himself out of his contract.

Castro then made the comments about Cockers and Simon Cohen which in the circumstances came across as somewhat arrogant, self-serving and disloyal to a club he purports to love.

There is also a separate thread quoting Dave Brailsford on team environments. No squad can be composed of players that are all completely happy.

Nothing more to see here, lets move on.
Always a Tiger
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

Smudge wrote:I would be grateful to Castro
if he would enlighten us as to just who they are.

Come on Castro, if you do read this forum (as alleged), name names!
Why do we as supporters really want to know who is unhappy? I personally would rather do the opposite and know who is happy at the club. I can however figure these bits out! New contract = happy at the club
Request to leave the club = unhappy

We tend to have more of the former!

If Castro were to name names as you request then this would put a huge presure on those who he believes are not happy.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

All a bit naive. You have to qualify 'happy'! I can certainly imagine a player being happy with his team-mates, happy with the results, happy with his performance and fitness, and utterly unhappy with the DOR. None of that is inconsistent, and the combinations are endless. So to be honest, the question is pants. :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

physiodan wrote:
New contract = happy at the club

And more to the point on a weekly basis:

Selected for the matchday 23 = happy
Not selected for the matchday 23 = unhappy
Always a Tiger
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

bluntiger wrote:
physiodan wrote:
New contract = happy at the club

And more to the point on a weekly basis:

Selected for the matchday 23 = happy
Not selected for the matchday 23 = unhappy
And 8 of your matchday 23 aren't going to be ecstatic. Castro being key evidence for this. I blame Cockers for only putting 15 players on the pitch at a time.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

h's dad wrote:And 8 of your matchday 23 aren't going to be ecstatic. Castro being key evidence for this. I blame Cockers for only putting 15 players on the pitch at a time.
Ah yes, the Ospreys tactic of game time maximisation!
Always a Tiger
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Chaps, I am sorry I raised this thread, a, because it is old and
b, because I didn't see a thread about it down the line.
Apologies all round.

If anything I am also guilty of putting the knife into RC when, if I had been in
possession of all the facts (like you), it would have been fairer to say nothing.
Even as an RC detractor, I still believe in fairness.

Back to the holiday making until the start of the season.
A life long Tiger
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Smudge - I don't think you should apologise at all.

If there is one thing that slightly annoys me on this discussion board is that some members can be a bit pedantic at times.

You missed the original article and thought that you were being helpful directing Tigers fans to it. This has happened to me before in the past. I've also seen a few users recently criticised for starting new threads that could fall under a wider one, e.g. individual HC games not under the wider HC thread, individual Lions games, rather than all part of one Lions Tour thread.

Given that I'm sure many fans over the summer and 'out of season' use the forum less this sort of thing is bound to happen. Those on here every day need to chill out a little bit at times! :smt028
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

With regard to duplicated discussions and threads, it isn't a matter of some users chilling out a bit, it is at the request of the moderators that we try not to have multiple threads about the same subject. It makes the forum easier to navigate and read to have relevant discussions kept together, hence we merge threads where possible.

If any user wants to check whether there is an existing discussion which may have dropped down the lists, try the search function at the top of the forum page, enter a key word such as "Heineken" or "Castro" and see what pops up, some people find that easier than scrolling down a page or two. :smt001

The Castro/unhappy players/Cockerill discussion is here

http://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewto ... lit=Castro
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

Hi Rizzo,

Agreed that when you have two active threads on the same subject, yes, they should be joined together. As a moderator myself on another forum, I often see criticism, and sometimes derision, from regular posters when occasional posters resurrect an old thread for quite reasonable reasons.

Some threads have many posts, e.g. our Catering thread. Occasionally it's time to freshen up the thread - after all 11 pages of moaning is a lot to read through!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I can't reveal my source except to say it is reliable and emanates from Blaby, but I am informed that the Deacon boys are not at all happy with a number of things at Tigers.

As I understand it both were off to join Deano at Falcons until Brett got ill/injured. I also understand that a particular bone of contention last season amongst a number of senior players was RC's insistence on playing Crane over TTTE, culminating in TTTE not even being included in the 23 for Twickers.

I offer no opinion on any of this, just repeating what I was told by someone who should know.
Soggypitch
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

cidermark wrote:Hi Rizzo,

Agreed that when you have two active threads on the same subject, yes, they should be joined together. As a moderator myself on another forum, I often see criticism, and sometimes derision, from regular posters when occasional posters resurrect an old thread for quite reasonable reasons.

Some threads have many posts, e.g. our Catering thread. Occasionally it's time to freshen up the thread - after all 11 pages of moaning is a lot to read through!
We do generally close if a thread gets to 20+ pages - the New squad/signings one being a current exception - but then we get users complaining that a legitimate current discussion is being closed! Can't please everyone :smt002 :smt003
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother