Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Rugby on TV with BT?

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

BJ. wrote:
AJK wrote:BT Sport have been quoting for some time, including a tweet today, that their sport channels are not available on Sky Multi-room.
Since each Sky box has its own viewing card, my friend has been able to register both his boxes separately and therefore his multi-room system works fine with BT Sports. Over the weekend, he successfully recorded different programmes at the same time on both boxes simultaneously, i.e. one BT Sports programme on each box at the same time.
yes but he's paying 2 subscription fees, both boxes are separate accounts
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

tb1 wrote:
Ads677 wrote:Regarding HD - vital IMHO - I did the BT 'check what we might provide you' test and it seems that they can't provide HD to my address! We've had (NTL then Virgin) cable down our street since before I moved in, at least 10 years, so why no HD?
Are you in a BT Infinity area?
Yes we are, which makes it all the stranger! What they state is:

"Extra TV channels, Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, ESPN and BT Sport HD are not currently available at your property.

BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 2 (in Standard Definition) with a £10 viewing card on a BT Vision+ box"

So, if I read this correctly, not only do I have to sign up for everything, I also have to pay for a separate viewing card and only get SD for the privilege :smt009
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:yes but he's paying 2 subscription fees, both boxes are separate accounts
He's not paying any extra since he uses BT Broadband and therefore his BT Sports 1 & 2 (+ HD) are free. Come August next year he will pay £6/month for the HD channels for both boxes whereas those of us with just one Sky box will pay £3/month. He is planning to ditch all but the basic Sky package after the Ashes series in Australia.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
MelChannerFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MelChannerFan »

A comment on this article appears to give some interesting news for us poor Virgin Victims:
http://www.cable.co.uk/guides/how-to-sw ... -bt-sport/

"Virgin media are letting customers cancel mid contact with no charges only until 31st august"

I will make my decision to go to BT before end August if we do not have a resolution by then.

Incidentally - does anyone have experience of the BT record/playback?
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

MelChannerFan wrote:Incidentally - does anyone have experience of the BT record/playback?
As I mentioned on my previous posts, I've had no problems at all with the pre-programming, recording and playback of BT Sports 1 & 2 and ESPN (plus their respective HD channels) through my SKY +HD box. Obviously, I cannot speak for anyone who is accessing these channels through other means.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
MelChannerFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MelChannerFan »

I meant through BT's own box - I would go straight to BT - not via Sky. I got a pretty good quote from BT a month ago, but I am concerned about the quality/reliability - the reviews did not look promising.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

I wish we could get BT broadband so as to get the free BT sport but unfortunately in Hull KC Communications have a monoploy on telephone lines, broadband etc and we can't have anyone but them. :smt009
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Interesting article, perhaps not as rosy as BT would have us believe.....
http://tinyurl.com/mm5tr7o

Have figured out that with attendance at many matches, Premiership video and TV streams on t'internet via TV I should be able to get most matches, and all a few hours after.
Couldn't bring myself to have BT again after the first :censored: time!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

jgriffin wrote:Interesting article, perhaps not as rosy as BT would have us believe.....

Have figured out that with attendance at many matches, Premiership video and TV streams on t'internet via TV I should be able to get most matches, and all a few hours after.
not really it was yet another article in the Guardian of which the main aim was to slam the Premier League, their broadband will get better as the network gets upgraded to fibre-optics same as every other provider currently out there
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

Unfortunately, I have a hatred of anything to do with Sky & Mr Murdoch, so I was really pleased when BT came in.
So far, with the sevens, the coverage has been good, very good picture quality (I have FTTC) and there have been no issues with record and playback. I am running my Vision via powerline adapters at present, until I can get round to a hard wired ethernet cable.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Interesting article, perhaps not as rosy as BT would have us believe.....

not really it was yet another article in the Guardian of which the main aim was to slam the Premier League, their broadband will get better as the network gets upgraded to fibre-optics same as every other provider currently out there
Blimey, that's an interesting interpretation...... :smt017
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

Bowden Tiger wrote:Unfortunately, I have a hatred of anything to do with Sky & Mr Murdoch, so I was really pleased when BT came in.
So far, with the sevens, the coverage has been good, very good picture quality (I have FTTC) and there have been no issues with record and playback. I am running my Vision via powerline adapters at present, until I can get round to a hard wired ethernet cable.
This is a very curious post.

If you have a BT Vision+ box, your BT Sport is broadcast as part of your terrestrial signal and nothing to do with your internet.

If you have a BT YouView box, it does not yet have the ability to record programmes taken over the internet.
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

Sorry Tb1, but the content is carried by the broadband I believe.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

I'm currently (15.10) on the 35th minute of my call to BT asking why the engineer who was supposed to install Infinity today between 8am-1pm has neither turned up nor let me know. Their records show that at 14.30 their engineer made a note that my installation would be reviewed on the 19th. Would have been nice if he had told me!

If my experience is anything to go by BT should be given a miss (38 minutes).

Bye BT!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Existing BT Infinity customer - happy with that service.

BT YouView box ordered prior to August 1st to qualify for 12mths free HD. Box arrived ahead of schedule for self-installation - no way I was paying £35 engineer fee to plug in an Ethernet cable!!! - system setup fine, all components working, channels tuned and visible on the on-screen guide, but BT Sport not accessible - no major issue as BT said it would be activated on set date and box arrived early.

Next day all non-freeview channels have disappeared from the TV guide.

The box was setup 2 weeks ago this evening.

One week later, and several long (1hour plus) calls to various BT numbers and the situation isn't resolved.

The BT sport and other non-freeview channels have returned to the on-screen guide but remain inaccessible.

Over last weekend 3 long calls made. More empty assurances were made, the problem was fixed etc etc

Email complaint submitted, automated response received, then a specific response from a BT manager received stating that they have checked and BT Sport has been activated at their end so all is OK. If we want to upgrade the TV package we can do so through our BT account.

This evening BT account does indeed say we already have BT Sport but it's still inaccessible on the TV. Continually get the "If you wish to upgrade call this number" message on the screen.

So far I can see BT as nothing more than lying, or at best, incompetent shysters. Never been so dissatisfied by a product/provider in all my years. And how do we get it resolved? Well, according to BT it already is.

The rest of the channels work fine, confirming the successful box setup, the problem is with BT but they will not see this.

Pancake throwers!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.