Awesome Logo

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Awesome Logo

Post by sapajo »

Not sure if his performance has been mentioned before but Logo was simply magnificent against Mujati. He silenced all question of him being our weakest link post the injury to Marcos by not being able to stand up to Mujati when in fact he dominated him all match!

Hope Logo can go from strength to strength next season and fulfill his undoubted potential :smt023

Well done Logo :smt038
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Awesome Logo

Post by MrPartridge »

Well said Sapajo - I was worried that our front row may come under pressure on Saturday but thanks to Logo and the others they dominated Saints in the scrum all day.

I posted on Goneva stepping it up at the end of the season... likewise Logo. :smt001
Easty

Post by Easty »

Couldn't agree more with you. I must admit to being a little worried about the scrum without Ayerza, but equally was a mystified as to Logo's apparent struggling in the position.

When he was first signed as RWC cover, he burst onto the scene, not only as a ball carrier, but also as a LH demolishing all before him. He then switched to playing a lot of TH (yes I know he plays both) before stepping back to the LH as bench and then injury cover.

Personally, I reckon it was all just a ploy to lull Westy & Mulipola into a false sense of security, boy did they get a shock.

C'mon Tina, another Tigers hero
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

A point was made on ESPN in the build up, that Saints front row had earned more kickable scrum pens than any other side. That didn't quite pan out for them on the day did it... :smt001

I had noticed Mulipola's struggles of late. Wilson at Bath, and more recently Johnson last week. I actually think he looks better at TH.
Schuster has generally been covering TH for Perpignan, but his Frnace caps were at LH, and sicne we know how the French like a good scrummager, I'm hopeful Schuster can provide the LH attacking scrummaging, allowing Mulipola back over to use his natural size and strength at TH.

That said, top effort on saturday though, against Mujati who is a known powerful scrummager.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I suspect that some of our concerns about Fluffy were caused by his lack of match fitness following his injury earlier in the season.
Clearly he returned to full fitness and form in time to demolish Saints.
Actually I think his knee is still troubling him a bit and that we may see even more of him next season as Ayerza has carried a huge burden.

Shame Castro is going as our starting front row and our bench front row would probably be the best two front rows in the league!