Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Toulon v TIGERS!

Post by tigerburnie »

Drop goal Wilko
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

jonny Jonny DG....game over, though we have one last chance from the restart....try or bust
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Scrum Toulon time is up, game over,hard luck the Tigers
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

at Bristol Airport, trying to follow the game on a qwerty keyboard computer. Is it over? :smt009
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

All over........21-15
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:at Bristol Airport, trying to follow the game on a qwerty keyboard computer. Is it over? :smt009
Yep 21-15 to Toulon
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Great effort but you can't hope to win at this level with yellow cards.

Don't understand why Manu was not used more, after his performance against Saints I would have thought Tigers would want to see him ball in hand?
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Tried their best but couldn't quite turn the screw in the first half. Toulon came out 2nd half with a rollocking in their ears. Money does also talk when you look at their side..................if we had their cash we would be untouchable as we could have an amazing squad.
IMHO bring a cap into the european game otherwise it will be finished..........ooops forgot, hasn't this been our last game for a while as English clubs pull out at the end of the season.

The result was really what I expected........WASPS on Sunday needs to be a 5 point win!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

They did everything they could. Toulon just had too much.

Still proud.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I suppose the churlish moaners will come on here and complain because we lost. I think we need to praise the squad and coaches. It was a fantastic effort and I am proud of the boys.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Great game! Tait was excellent (bar one fumble), fantastic Tigers display!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

The yellow cards hurt us as did the loss of Croft but our defence was amazing and I really cant complain about our performance today. We went in as big underdogs and gave a great account of ourselves and at the end of the day all that was in it was the home advantage imo. I am confident we will win the prem after seeing the performances of Quins and Sarries so the season will be better than last year.
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

Plus ca change (rough translation - different year, same ****). When the forwards are on top we bully the set piece and win penalties. However our ball in hand rugby veers from average to awful. Every time we got near their line we kicked ahead and lost it. Then the opposition get the ball and offload us to death, the defence creaks and the discipline goes. On the one hand a valiant effort. On the other a perfect illustration of why we generally beat the chaff and not the wheat.
Disappointed, but not suprised.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

drc_007 wrote:Great effort but you can't hope to win at this level with yellow cards.

Don't understand why Manu was not used more, after his performance against Saints I would have thought Tigers would want to see him ball in hand?
Back to being the extra forward at breakdown time......pretty anonymous other than that, most I remember him doing was giving away the penalty that, IMO, let Toulon off the hook on their own line after Allen's break.

Loss of Croft to injury hit us, but not as much as, stated above, 2 x yellow cards for one handed knock ons. :smt009

Great defence at times, but not quite enough incision in attack at crucial times(last week? where was it this week?) When we did have Toulon ragged in the first half we insisted on kicking away possession....poorly IMO. But a decent enough effort, disappointed not disillusioned.
WiggoTiger wrote:ooops forgot, hasn't this been our last game for a while as English clubs pull out at the end of the season.
End of NEXT season.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

WiggoTiger wrote:The result was really what I expected........
:smt009 :smt009