Tigers vs. Sale

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tigers vs. Sale

Post by PM76 »

Toby unavailable according to MC on twitter.

https://twitter.com/martin_crowson

If any of the England boys are available they should come straight back into the side IMO. I'd like to see Tait have a go on the wing ahead of Scott and if Crofty is unavailable then Brett should start at 6. Other than that there is not too much choice given all the injured are still out.

I'd like to think that Tigers will absolutely thrash Sale but I can't help thinking that it will be a tight affair with Sale sneaking an LBP at the death, with Tigers only getting 4 points. Not getting the TBP could see us slip further behind Sarries and Quins, who face LW and Exeter respectively and have decent chances of picking up 5 points. Hopefully Tigers will get the TBP but I think it will be tough enough to get the win, let alone the 5 points!! The side might turn it on this week and things could improve but I've been saying that for long enough so I won't get my hopes up.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs. Sale

Post by jgriffin »

Burns injured, Farrell injured - surely nobody thought he would be back????? TTTE would be nice, but apart from that it looks like the same issues once again.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Tom Youngs only came on as sub and needs as much time as possible under match conditions to hone his throwing in.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

drc_007 wrote:Tom Youngs only came on as sub and needs as much time as possible under match conditions to hone his throwing in.
It can't be any worse than Hartley's was on Saturday - with or without match practice!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Sale only lose Gray to the 6N and their form has picked up since Daniel Braid arrived, it could be a tricky one especially on the back of two defeats. I'd expect Scotty to start given Sale's tactical kicking options.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

T. Youngs and Flood are not released but TTTE is. Looks like Tom will be starting vs. Italy then, Flood seems to be being saved for if Faz is out.

https://twitter.com/Official_RFU

Players released to play for their clubs this weekend: Dickson, Foden, Hartley, Haskell, Kvesic, Lawes, Strettle, Tomkins, Wilson, Waldrom.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

Preview: Leicester Tigers v Sale Sharks.
Leicester Tigers' only win in their last four games was 28-12 over London Welsh at Welford Road in Aviva Premiership Rugby on 9 February.
Tigers slipped up 27-32 at home to Saracens on Saturday evening but have not lost back to back encounters at Welford Road since October 2011.

Sale Sharks' four match winning run in all competitions ended with their 21-30 home defeat to table-topping Harlequins on Friday night. The Sharks have won their last two away games in all competitions but have not won three in a row on the road in the same season since October 2006.

The Tigers have won their last six fixtures with the Sharks since Sale won 15-12 at Edgeley Park on 4 September 2009. The Sharks' only victory at Welford Road since November 2003 was 14-11 in the Premiership on 23 February 2008.

Referee: Wayne Barnes :smt022 :smt022 :smt022
Assistant Referees: Peter Huckle & Gordon Goodliffe.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

PM76 wrote:T. Youngs and Flood are not released but TTTE is. Looks like Tom will be starting vs. Italy then, Flood seems to be being saved for if Faz is out.

https://twitter.com/Official_RFU

Players released to play for their clubs this weekend: Dickson, Foden, Hartley, Haskell, Kvesic, Lawes, Strettle, Tomkins, Wilson, Waldrom.
As I predicted :smt045
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

I'd like to see:

Ayerza
Hawkins
Mulipola
Kitchener
Slater
Deacon
Salvi
Waldrom

Young
Ford
Thompstone
Allen
Smith
Tait
Murphy
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

RWA wrote:I'd like to see:

Ayerza
Hawkins
Mulipola
Kitchener
Slater
Deacon
Salvi
Waldrom

Young
Ford
Thompstone
Allen
Smith
Tait
Murphy
Isn't Allen injured?
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

From the Mail

Croft, who commanded a regular place in the England back row before injury last April, has been given the all-clear to play in back-to-back games for the first time since he returned to action over the New Year.
Leicester’s director of rugby Richard Cockerill said the latest X-rays on Croft’s neck showed that he was healing sufficiently to allow him to play this Saturday having faced Saracens last weekend. ‘He’s not had any adverse reaction so far which is great news,’ Cockerill said. ‘He’s been playing very well and every time he’s played he’s looked more comfortable.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... z2M55y9Yv5
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

drc_007 wrote:From the Mail

Croft, who commanded a regular place in the England back row before injury last April, has been given the all-clear to play in back-to-back games for the first time since he returned to action over the New Year.
Leicester’s director of rugby Richard Cockerill said the latest X-rays on Croft’s neck showed that he was healing sufficiently to allow him to play this Saturday having faced Saracens last weekend. ‘He’s not had any adverse reaction so far which is great news,’ Cockerill said. ‘He’s been playing very well and every time he’s played he’s looked more comfortable.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... z2M55y9Yv5
Crofty is available this weekend according to Crowson on twitter.

https://twitter.com/martin_crowson

Good news as he has been coming back into some good form.

Allen and Morris are fit according to the Merc.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I hope AA, TC and NM are fit to play on Saturday but based upon such previous RC announcements I am not convinced they will all play. Hope I am wrong as we badly need all of them and TTTE! Notice Castro is injured yet again just when we need him most - conspiracy theory?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Given that Logo has been less than convincing at TH (great around the field though) I'd like to see Fraser Balmain given a start.

And I do hope that AA is fit for Saturday.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Am worried.......this match will define our season in the Prem. Feel if we lose then we will have a trophyless season and look for changes in the summer! :smt022 :smt022
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!