Toulon travel ALL THREADS MERGED HERE.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Grumpy of Crumbie

Re: Toulon travel?

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

Seven of us flying out of Luton to Nimes on the 'red eye' early Sunday morning, drive down to Toulon in a hired 7 seater, back on Monday morning. All courtesy of Ryanair. Booked into the ETAP hotel Sunday night. All for £110 each (mind you we are in a three and four bed room at the hotel).

Anyone know anywhere easy to park in Toulon, preferably just off the main road in!!
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
ahartopp74

Post by ahartopp74 »

There is a car park right by the etap (if you are staying at the one about 5 mins from ground) just looked on google maps and seems its underground car park. Might be worth emailing etap. I am staying there saturday and sunday
RCT

Post by RCT »

ahartopp74 wrote:There is a car park right by the etap (if you are staying at the one about 5 mins from ground) just looked on google maps and seems its underground car park. Might be worth emailing etap. I am staying there saturday and sunday
There is an access to a car park under the stadium. Just follow the panel : P MAYOL (when you are on the "Avenue de la République" along the port).The access will may be closed because of TV trucks, so you will have to use the short tunnel in front of the stadium to acces to the etap hotel parking.
HEM... I hope I'm clear but I'm not sure...sorry for my english.

See you soon
Last edited by RCT on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crossley

Toulon Trip

Post by Crossley »

I am travelling to Toulon by car leaving on Friday 5th April and returning
Monday 8th April via the channel Tunnel and Euroshuttle. I have driven many
times in France both in my own and hired cars.

I intend to travel down as far as Vichy on the Friday and then onto Toulon
the following day.

If you have not yet booked your trip or been unsuccessful in securing a flight
or train ticket, I would welcome company and the sharing of petrol costs.

My name is Neil Crossley and I'm a member of the XV club and season ticket holder. I can be contacted on (07539) 293400 (Mobile) or Derby (01332)270316
(Home). Should you prefer to email you can do so on either [email protected] or [email protected].
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Toulon travel ALL THREADS MERGED HERE.

Post by GT1 »

Well that's our party well & truly shafted by Ryanair we have just been informed that our flight back from Marseille on Sunday night originally at 21.55hrs will now depart at 20.40hrs just an hour after the finish of the game. Posting this in case anyone else has booked this flight home to EMA :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Grumpy of Crumbie

Many thanks for the replies re parking. Having completed the 'virtual' drive round Toulon on Google the car park next to the ETAP hotel looks favourite. I was feeling pretty confident until I saw the plans Toulon have for an all day party on the Sunday starting at 10am. While it sounds like a cracking day is in store does anybody with local knowledge know if this means the car parks will fill up early, we'll probably arrive in Toulon about 1pm.
RCT

Post by RCT »

Grumpy of Crumbie wrote:Many thanks for the replies re parking. Having completed the 'virtual' drive round Toulon on Google the car park next to the ETAP hotel looks favourite. I was feeling pretty confident until I saw the plans Toulon have for an all day party on the Sunday starting at 10am. While it sounds like a cracking day is in store does anybody with local knowledge know if this means the car parks will fill up early, we'll probably arrive in Toulon about 1pm.
Hello. The car park called "P Facultés - Mayol2" is dedicated to the Etap hotel, the faculty of Toulon, the stadium and the mall. As we play sunday, the faculty and the mall will be closed. Most of RCT fans come 2 or 3 hours before the kick off, so, I think that you will have no problem to find a place in this car park.
RCT

Post by RCT »

The program of the weekend on the RCT website:
http://www.rctoulon.com/fr/news/article ... t-7-avril/

And my laborious translation :

Sunday, April 7, the RCT receives the Leicester Tigers in the quarter final of the Heineken Cup.
An opportunity to celebrate together this historic event.
A giant screen will be erected on the place Besagne, the trophy of the Heineken Cup will be presented on the place and a concert will be held on Saturday night!
Here is the schedule of the weekend:

Saturday, April 6:

11am: Opening of the village, with games for children (whith the presence of RCT players), stalls and musical entertainment on the giant screen.
14h: Broadcast on the giant screen of the Amlin Challenge Cup quarter-final : Bath / Stade Français Paris.
16:40 Broadcast on the giant screen of the Heineken Cup quarter-final : Clermont / Montpellier.
18h: End of activities for children.
19.30: Broadcast on the giant screen of the Heineken Cup quarter-final : Saracens / Ulster.
22h: Concert.

Sunday, April 7:

10am: Opening of the village with games for children (in the presence of RCT players), stalls and musical entertainment on the giant screen.
15h: Broadcast on the giant screen of the Heineken Cup quarter-final : Harlequins / Munster.
17h: End of activities for children.
17:30: Broadcast on the giant screen of the Heineken Cup quarter-final : Toulon / Leicester.
19h15: 3rd half-time on the place Besagne animated by a DJ.
23h: Closing of the village.

See you soon ! :smt030
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

It is very good of you to take the trouble to do this - thank you.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Many thanks for all your help and information, RCT.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Grumpy of Crumbie

Thanks RCT

Very helpful and much appreciated :smt023
Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Bobmac »

Thanks RTC, looking forward to a great weekend.