Tigers v Toulouse

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Toulouse

Post by tigerburnie »

What a great result,just need to get our players back after the 6 nations in good shape now.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Lis113 wrote:
longlivethecrumbie wrote:Really bad form from the Toulouse players who all disappeared down the tunnel, much to Floody's disgust, after the whistle. No handshakes, no clapping the opposition in (as normal).
Totally agree here, some people expressed their disgust at Louis Deacon's reaction to this but I agree with Louis and yourself - shameful.
I missed Louis'reaction - what happened there?
Lis113
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lis113 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:
Lis113 wrote:
longlivethecrumbie wrote:Really bad form from the Toulouse players who all disappeared down the tunnel, much to Floody's disgust, after the whistle. No handshakes, no clapping the opposition in (as normal).
Totally agree here, some people expressed their disgust at Louis Deacon's reaction to this but I agree with Louis and yourself - shameful.
I missed Louis'reaction - what happened there?
Louis expressed his disgust at the French, tell them to F off.
Mafi is my man.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Also, was there a knock on for their try? Seemed weird that he went to the TMO for the one in the corner for us in the first half but didn't even want to check for theirs. I had my view blocked by the camera man so couldn't see. The reaction from around me was that it was a knock on....
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:Also, was there a knock on for their try? Seemed weird that he went to the TMO for the one in the corner for us in the first half but didn't even want to check for theirs. I had my view blocked by the camera man so couldn't see. The reaction from around me was that it was a knock on....
He asked the touch judge for his decision and he then gave the try. First thought in live watch was its a try, but then seeing replays on TV its a knock on!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The ref cannot ask the TMO to look at the knock on as this was not in the act of scoring. If it had been knocked on in the grounding he could have asked the TMO.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Disagree.

I have seen referees stop the game to look at an incident in play that happened several phases prior. This was introduced this season so there is precedent for it.

Well done to Tigers for winning. A massive effort and a big achievement to top that pool.

The referee again was exceptionally poor. Most of the kicks that Toulouse missed were down to karma as the referee failed to penalise Toulouse for similar offences.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Yes YBH no doubt you have. That's because that trial using the TMO for such things is happening in the PREMIERSHIP this game was in the EUROPEAN cup. There see the difference now.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:Disagree.

I have seen referees stop the game to look at an incident in play that happened several phases prior. This was introduced this season so there is precedent for it.

Well done to Tigers for winning. A massive effort and a big achievement to top that pool.

The referee again was exceptionally poor. Most of the kicks that Toulouse missed were down to karma as the referee failed to penalise Toulouse for similar offences.
I think that may only be in the Aviva Prem. Don't think you can do it in Europe.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

I'll be happy that we'll make a game of it in Toulon just so long as we don't get Nigel Owens as ref!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

MJ Chairman wrote:Yes YBH no doubt you have. That's because that trial using the TMO for such things is happening in the PREMIERSHIP this game was in the EUROPEAN cup. There see the difference now.
Apologies I didn't realise that this was a Premiership only trial.

It's still poor that the ref can't look at it as that's what the TMO law should have been on its original introduction and if I was a TMO and got asked to look at a try by the ref, if I saw an infringement in the build up then I would use my common sense and say 'No try'.

I would also have expected the referee to use his common sense and ask the TMO if he had any doubt on the Toulouse try, as he did have doubts he should have used common sense. But then again common sense and referees do not seem to exist in the same World at the moment.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

No disagreement, but they can only look at anything that occurs during the act of scoring.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Tigerbeat wrote:The ref cannot ask the TMO to look at the knock on as this was not in the act of scoring. If it had been knocked on in the grounding he could have asked the TMO.
not in the act of scoring? he was dribbling the ball over the line before flopping on it, not much more 'in the act' than 30cm before the try line and stooping...
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Lis113 wrote:Louis expressed his disgust at the French, tell them to F off.
Ah, can understand his frustration - would like to think that if the boot had been on the other foot we would have been gracious enough in defeat to hold the traditions of the game above the fact that we'd lost and clap them in, regardless of how cold and wet the players were. Also lack of respect for their own fans who had battled the elements to get here from France, spending good money to do so. If I was a Toulouse fan I'd not be a happy chap (or chapess)!
WiganTiger

Post by WiganTiger »

Just got back to Lowton from the match. As I was stood on the Crumbie at the Goldsmith Alliance and Leicester or whatever it's called stand, and the whole game was played at the other end, can someone please tell me what happened?
Leicester: Home to Premiership Rugby, First Class Cricket (we;;, sort of) and Third Division Football