Rolland

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rolland

Post by fortysix »

Again this Irish referee has made a major major howler in a crucial match..
He is plainly out of his depth...
If it had been the other way round it would still have been a disgrace.
In 60 years of watching Professional Rugby this decision was one of the very worst, if not the worst !!!
How can he survive-who decides his fate, because in Nancyball the Managers gang up and get rid quietly. The Press plays a part as well.
What does Rugby do to remove clowns like this one ??????
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Rolland

Post by youngtiger »

Whether or not Rolland's performance was poor/dreadful/apalling I don't have even the most vague sense of envy towards wendyball's behaviour; whose embarrassing ridicule of referees, including within the press, is undoubtedly a disgrace to the sport. Such behaviur translates onto pitches in the form of the players, which in turn sets a standard for children and, when this goes unchecked and unrestrained, it culminates in the despicable recent events we've seen in Holland.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

fortysix wrote:Again this Irish referee has made a major major howler in a crucial match..
In 60 years of watching Professional Rugby this decision was one of the very worst, if not the worst !!!
How can he survive-who decides his fate, because in Nancyball the Managers gang up and get rid quietly. The Press plays a part as well.
Alas he can only be removed by his employer, who like now, have been happy for years to reward him for his outstanding clowning performances.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fortysix wrote:Again this Irish referee has made a major major howler in a crucial match..

I do not think professional rugby has been going for 60 years.

Started in 1995 I think.

Nonethrless Rolland is incompetent.

Down to IRB to strike him off the list.

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Of course, after next season we will not have to suffer RABO refs in English/French/Argentinian games. They will merely be employed in RABO games. And perhaps the odd international.

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

When I said Pro Rugby-I meant the Tigers.
They were far more ''professional ''than Stoneygate.....
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fortysix wrote:When I said Pro Rugby-I meant the Tigers.
They were far more ''professional ''than Stoneygate.....

Ah!!! Or even than Lutterworth!!

Rolland is a joke.

The RABO should have at most 3 and probably only 2 Refs on the International panel.
Still keeping the faith!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

We need refs of Glen Jacksons standard. He is young and dynamic, furthermore he has played the game RECENTLY, all the unions should be recruiting ex-players to the refs panel.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Agree-only recent ex pros, just like cricket.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

it does strike me every time he is in charge that Allain Rolland is either incompetent or an outright cheat, and I'm not sure which would be worse tbh
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Alan Rolland is a former player! He played 40 games for Leinster and won 3 caps playing for Ireland. He also played 11 games for Moseley, his position being scrum half, so he must know about the crooked feed!!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I have long accepted that Rolland has some bizarre anti-English bias alongside undoubted performance issues. I think the Rabo drags refs down to the level of Fitzgibbon who I DO consider an incompetent disgrace.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Yesterday seemed like every other game I can recall Rolland reffing. One side gets the rub of the green and the other gets nothing. Usually, there's an incident early where he appears to get a bee in his bonnet about one side, then it's all down hill from there. Yesterday, it was having a word with Parling regarding shouting about numbers in the line-out, from then on I knew we would be playing against 16 men. Of course, it may be that he'd made his mind up before kick-off and it was only revealed at the line-out. Either way, he always seems to get his favourites.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I too noticed Geoff and Rolland having words. Quite out of character from Geoff. My take is that Rolland does not enjoy the respect of the players either.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Very noticeable how quick he was to award the penalty try in the first half and yet took ages to award the one in the second. Just got the feeling he was waiting for the opportunity for the turn over decision.

I can understand that if you wind up the ref you might alter the 50/50 balance on decisions, but Mr R seems to have a preconceived bias.

I really don't care what nationality the ref is in HC matches but not Rabo refs in games with only one Rabo team.

Perhaps we should count the non English born Premiership referees as "foreign" to at least even up the bias. Sadly I think that they are all registered as "English" - Small, Doyle etc.