Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

hugh78
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Cockers to 'wield the axe'...

Post by hugh78 »

From the Merc http://tinyurl.com/c9886xz
Recognition of the lack of direction and leadership (which to me must mean Crane and Deacs amongst others)
Wonder if we will finally see TTE for Crane and Mickey Young for Harrison at Bath....
os99

Re: Cockers to 'wield the axe'...

Post by os99 »

TTE played against Wasps, surely Mafi will replace Crane
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I still would not bet against Crane starting :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

So why didn't he substitute some of these non performers ? Slater would have improved things and why leave Crane on the pitch when he was playing so badly ? Why take off Johnny Harris when he was just starting to get better in the scrum ? Why not use the No 1 leader in the squad - Geordan Murphy ?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I think Cockers has taken to reading this forum :smt001
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

jgriffin wrote:I think Cockers has taken to reading this forum :smt001
He will pick up some good tips :smt003
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

I'm not sure his axe will find the right targets. Don't want to see some of the younger members of the backs suffer, when it should perhaps be some of the older members of the pack taking the flak. Don't think (e.g.) having Murphs and Hamilton in the same back line is ever going to be a good thing for moving us forward.

If the team on Saturday includes Crane, Deacon, Hamilton and Chuter then the axe has definitely missed the appropriate targets.
Joe The Tigers Fan
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Certainly will have - Hamilton wasn't even in the matchday squad!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Is that MoC then?? :smt017 :smt006
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

It's hard to take statements like these seriously from a man with previous for leaving under performing players out on the pitch for 80 minutes rather than introduce replacements that might offer something new. I like Crane as a bloke and a player but he needs a right kick up the proverbial which won't come until he feels like his shirt and consequently livelihood is on the line if he doesn't improve.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Here comes Cockers!! :hammer: :hammer:
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

hugh78 wrote:From the Merc http://tinyurl.com/c9886xz
Recognition of the lack of direction and leadership (which to me must mean Crane and Deacs amongst others)
Wonder if we will finally see TTE for Crane and Mickey Young for Harrison at Bath....
What's with the hate campaign against Harrison who had a pretty fair game at Wasps all things considered, whereas so far Young has looked pretty sluggish.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

DickyP wrote:
What's with the hate campaign against Harrison who had a pretty fair game at Wasps all things considered, whereas so far Young has looked pretty sluggish.
I don't think there is a hate campaign against Harrison, just an observation that he poses minimal threat with ball in hand so the opposition back-row all ignore him and focus on the fly-half. The scrum-half has to do enough to keep the opposition back-row honest.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

drc_007 wrote:
DickyP wrote:
I don't think there is a hate campaign against Harrison, just an observation that he poses minimal threat with ball in hand so the opposition back-row all ignore him and focus on the fly-half. The scrum-half has to do enough to keep the opposition back-row honest.
Harrison is an excellent back up to YBY, which at his age suggests he will improve to something better, I would be suprised if he doesn't become first choice at another prem club rather than a constant back-up at Tigers. He is fine when the forwards are dominating and the backs are creating but he lacks the ability to do something on his own which YBY/ MY bring and is required when the backs are having a shocker!!

The axe should be used IMO but I'm not convinced it will be, ignoring his motives, Cockers has always been a consistent and conservative selector. Hawkins and Waldrom should definately start ahead of Chuter and Crane, Slater should have a place in the second row and AA, Castro, Mafi and Ayerza will return. The 4 internationals would have returned if Tigers won 50 nil so I don't consider that axe wielding.

Whatever side Cockers picks it can't get much worse than Sunday!!

Or can it??
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

I think Bowden, Thompstone, Tait, Morris, Harris, Balmain and Crane will be dropped for the game. Allen in for Bowden is a certainty. Murphy will come back in at full back, Goneva and Hamilton are both avaliable and Cockers will undoubtedly go back to them. Ayerza and Castro in for Balmain and Harris, whilst Mafi will be in for Crane.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100