Wasps vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DickyP
Super User
Super User

Re: Wasps vs Tigers

Post by DickyP »

Much of our problem in attack came from the fact we had poor ball from scrum and line-out, not just the failures of the backs themselves - when we got the ball with a bit more time we looked OK.

The defence looked stretched at time because Wasps had the luxury of playing behind a dominant pack and had lots of opportunities. We were probably more stretched in both attack and defence because of the absence of AA who performs well under pressure. I though Bowden, who gave his all, looked as though he was struggling. Thompstone looked unhappy against Wade, but Morris looked good whatever he did. Tait, I though gave glimpses, but is definitely (understandably) still very 'rusty'.

In many ways Wasps should be very disappointed - they have some talented players but look devoid of ideas other than to give the ball to their wingers.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

DickyP wrote:Much of our problem in attack came from the fact we had poor ball from scrum and line-out, not just the failures of the backs themselves - when we got the ball with a bit more time we looked OK.

The defence looked stretched at time because Wasps had the luxury of playing behind a dominant pack and had lots of opportunities. We were probably more stretched in both attack and defence because of the absence of AA who performs well under pressure. I though Bowden, who gave his all, looked as though he was struggling. Thompstone looked unhappy against Wade, but Morris looked good whatever he did. Tait, I though gave glimpses, but is definitely (understandably) still very 'rusty'.

In many ways Wasps should be very disappointed - they have some talented players but look devoid of ideas other than to give the ball to their wingers.
I personally would have had Thomstone and Morris on opposite wings, however I thought although Thompstone looke indecisive in tackling Wade, he was able to slow him down so that the cover could get across (Bar that moment of genius). Tait showed glimpses and deserves a place in the squad for Bath.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I thought the odd way they celebrated at the final whistle gave away their ambition as a club. You would have thought that they had won the premiership final rather than edge out an under-strength Tigers at home having had most of the play! Strange indeed.
Always a Tiger