How to improve Leicester Football Club

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: How to improve Leicester Football Club

Post by Smudge »

There is not much wrong with this great club that some decent coaches can't put right.
A life long Tiger
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I have one, stop bringing in second rate foreign players and give the lads in teh academy a chance. I've heard from many sources that the current crop of academy players is the strongest in the clubs history
Is that a neutral source or a biased one? Interesting that only three Tigers in total made it into the England U17 & U18 squads and I think there may only be one Tiger in the recently announced U20's, can't quite remember that one. If they are the strongest in the clubs history then where are they? Not one lad from Leicestershire involved with the three England age groups above, shocking. The area is very much tainted in terms of selection and talent identification by it's proximity and association to Tigers. This is definately an area that needs sorting as we are missing out on large amounts of true potential in what is considered a real rugby playing hotbed by many. Bring in an honest gaffer who cares about his job and put's the club's interest's first, not one that is only interested in keeping all the big noises in the area happy.
Cheery chappy
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote:We're not winning everything and we made a loss this year .
So to improve we need to win (almost) everything and make a profit!!
Still keeping the faith!
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Smudge wrote:There is not much wrong with this great club that some decent coaches can't put right.
Specifics please. Who and why. What specific failings have you noticed with our coaches and who would bring improvements without brining a different set of failings ?
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Skin_and_Muscle wrote:We're not winning everything and we made a loss this year .
So to improve we need to win (almost) everything and make a profit!!
Methinks someone has selective reading disorder.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Specifics please. Who and why. What specific failings have you noticed with our coaches and who would bring improvements without brining a different set of failings ?
There are wise members of the clubs board and staff who's job it is to make
contingency plans for replacements. These people have contacts far and wide
so do you seriously believe they haven't got someone in line in the event of
another HC disaster? They would be failing in their duty if they did not.

Do you really want to put up with another season of "nearly" ?
If so, I must ask the question, when will your patience finally be exhausted?
Another year? Two perhaps? Never?
A life long Tiger
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

There are wise members of the clubs board and staff who's job it is to make
contingency plans for replacements. These people have contacts far and wide
so do you seriously believe they haven't got someone in line in the event of
another HC disaster? They would be failing in their duty if they did not.

Do you really want to put up with another season of "nearly" ?
If so, I must ask the question, when will your patience finally be exhausted?
Another year? Two perhaps? Never?
So you have no specific reasons, you just want to change coaches to see if that works, right ?

If your car was misfiring and you took it to a garage, and the mechanic said " I'm going to change the gearbox for another one that might not be any better, and without diagnosing specifically whats wrong" would you be happy with that ? If not why do you advocate that for our club ?
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

That is absurd and not what I said at all.
It is obvious, even to the worse head in the sand muppet that there is something
wrong with the club and has been for three years or more.
I believe it is the coaches and the DOR that are the fault.
The reasons for my belief have been expressed on here at great length, not just
by me but by many others.

If you want to use a silly motoring analogy, our rolls royce is misfiring and
the driver does not have the knowledge or skill to get it running as you expect
a RR to run.
So what do you do to rectify the situation? Carry on as you are or get a proven
expert to come in and get it purrrrring and powerful as it should be?
Ok, top mechanics are not ten a penny and you might have to search for one.
but allowing the best of cars to run rough and un-tuned will only lead to it's total
breakdown.
A life long Tiger
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

something wrong with the club
So what exactly is it ? Without specifics you're just making empty gestures by firing the coach. Sale just fired Brush because he was terrible with Glaws and he's been worse with them. His tactics have failed his teams in ten of the last eleven games he presided over, and he was not able to effect a change in them despite being given a chance to.

That is a surgical removal of a clearly broken component ( although there are others at Sale).

In the same period that Brush lost six with Glaws then six with sale, do you know what RCs record is ?

Played 15 won 10 ( seven with TBP) , 1 drawn 4 losses. Not exactly as clear cut as bush is it ?

Be specific, what is RC doing wrong and who can bring a repair to that without breaking other good stuff.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Purebob wrote:
So what exactly is it ? Without specifics you're just making empty gestures
Purebob you are asking the impossible!.How are we the supporters supposed the know the exact specifics in 'how to improve Leicester Football club'? We see problems on the pitch but know very little at what goes on behind closed doors.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Purebob you are asking the impossible!.How are we the supporters supposed the know the exact specifics in 'how to improve Leicester Football club'? We see problems on the pitch but know very little at what goes on behind closed doors.
So we don't have the knowledge or skill to explain exactly where our coaches are going wrong, but some of us do claim to have the knowledge and skill to be certain that RC and MOC need to be fired ?

This is my whole point. So many throw their hands up saying "Something must be done, so fire the coaches" yet so few are willing to explain exactly how this is well indicated to improve our club.

Also nobody has yet responded with the names of coaches with a better record than our coaches in the last five years.

I ABSOLUTELY agree that the coaches should be changed if they have been credibly identified as being specifically at fault, and that replacements clearly have the ability to address these failings.

"Sack the coach" is knee-jerk and not helpful.

It is like taking performing a heart transplant on a slightly sick patient without first diagnosing heart trouble... crazy in my opinion.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Be specific, what is RC doing wrong and who can bring a repair to that without breaking other good stuff
I was going to have a go and answer this but thought about it and decided that there is no point in caring anymore. I had all kinds of reasoning such as find some big angry locks who scare everyone, some proper flankers who love the job description and are natural born nutters. Some more reasoning regarding BY and TF good partnership and the affects their partnership and styles may have on the midfield and which types of 12 and 13 would work best with them and why. Something about how Harrison likes to give quick ball and time to his 10 which is more suited to a tactical 10, possibly Ford. Some more ideas about pace in the back three and why it is so crucial to the team that the back three is able stretch the opposition defence. I decided I know nothing and that the people in charge will make their own choices. They are rugby royalty and I am nothing but a small commoner.
Cheery chappy
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

That a pretty interesting and comprehensive reply for a non-reply TBD :)
I agree with a stack of that too. I think we're missing Alex and Horacio enormously, and that their contribution to our go-forwards via breakdowns was under appreciated. Back row: well I think with Newbs and Salvi fit we wouldn't have lost a game this season.

And again the centre half partnership is deserving of a few good chats. See Staunts and Grins had a "safe" but reliable partnership for when the flash harrys were away, and we don't seem to have an alternative combo yet right now.

A good response, thanks.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Thanks!
I think in the modern game the flanker position is becoming as important as the prop position and teams that want to go the distance need four nutters. We need to be better prepared for the injuries in this area in the future.
Cheery chappy
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Purebob
I don't want RC sacked but i do think that over the last few years we have stagnated somewhat and other teams have caught us up.
Was this bound to happen as players, coaches get better with better technology availiable to analyse the opposition? Probably yes.
I personally feel we haven't developed and made best use of our resources, i feel we could & should have won at least one more premiership final.
Who could take over from RC? That's a very difficult question.
Somebody who is Tigers? RC is Tigers but is that a blessing or a problem at times.
I'm sure every fan will feel that the coach should be either a Tiger or someone independent, each making valid argument for one or the other.

I honestly can't see loads of candidates out there that are better than RC, may be we should judge him when he has a full team to pick from that have played togther for a few games. Salvi, Benjamin, Tait & Croft would all have a major impact on our playing style if they had 4-5 games together we would look a different team.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"