Team for The Final?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Team for The Final?

Post by TigerLad »

I know it is still 4 days away, but I think that considering how it is the biggest match of the season it needs to be discussed. In my opinion the team should be
15.Murphy
14.Agulla
13.Manu
12.Allen
11.Alex
10.Ford (if Flood isn't at least 85% fit then I would not play him)
9.Youngs
1.Ayerza
2.Chuter
3.Cole (Castro is better coming off the bench
4.Kitchener (Have to pick kitch over Skivington because he was in fantastic form before his injury)
5.Parling
6.Mafi
7.Salvi (If not 85% fit then Newby
8.Waldrom

16.Youngs
17.Fluffy
18.Castro
19.Skivington
20.Newby (If Salvi is fit if not then Woods on the bench)
21.Harrison
22.Billy
23.Hamilton

The team picks it self at the moment with the exception of the fly half and openside flanker. But I have full confidence that both Ford and Newby would do their jobs exceptionally.
alex_111
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: The Final

Post by alex_111 »

I'd expect the starting team to be that but with Skivington starting instead of Kitchener
Fritzvanheerden
Tiger Cub

Re: The Final

Post by Fritzvanheerden »

yes yes same team but kitch will not play skiv will.

I know care is back for quins so hopefully youngs will pull out
his A game.
exprop

Re: Team for The Final?

Post by exprop »

Hopefully Youngs won't keep kicking the ball back to the opposition just after the forwards have won it, as he did against Sarries.

Exprop
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

exprop wrote:Hopefully Youngs won't keep kicking the ball back to the opposition just after the forwards have won it, as he did against Sarries.

Exprop
I agree - too much of that. Kicking has to be selective - the last thing we want is for some handy backs running the ball back at us.
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I guess the kicking was a tactical option against Sarries - windy day & they posed little threat with ball in hand.

Kicking the ball away in touch may be punished more by the likes of Brown.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I think the kicking in the first half of the semi final was hampered by the wind which also limited Sarries kicking game in the second half. Some of the kicking was sensible though as Sarries were only likely to score 3 pointers so kicking out of our half at every opportunity ruined their chances to keep the scoreboard moving. Against Quins who tend to give penalties away when pendantic Mr Barnes is in charge we may keep the ball in hand more.
bwightman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bwightman »

I'd expect exactly the same side which beat Sarries. Maybe Salvi in for Newbs, who'd drop to the bench, but I can't see Floody making it.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

This is not far off is it?,we know who's on form,just injuries that may dictate change.
When the sun tanned quinns get back from their holidays in the middle east,they'll be facing one fit and honed Tigers team.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.