Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ackford article

Post by vin rouge »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... rship.html

interesting article with some praise the Tigers and even Cockerill as joint coach of the year (has Mr Ackford been taken ill?)
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Ackford article

Post by jgriffin »

Good article, good points made especially abuse of officials (you hear that Messrs Dickson and Claasens?) and a very handy team selection.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

I am often one of those who feel that he often misses the point or has his own agendas to pursue at the expense of rugby and sense. However, I though this article was pretty good. One bit that I empathised with was:

"Unwelcome developments

The proliferation of abusive, badly written posts on social network forums and newspaper websites. Don’t get personal, stick to the issues and use spell-check. "

We are very lucky, despite all our little quirks and disagreements, on this forum with just how well behaved most posters are, and how well the moderators do a difficult job.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Good article, and good posts following it.
Valhalla I am coming!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Yes it is a good article. Ackford is a decent journalist and definitely has respect for Leicester and RC. However don't think for a minute he likes us....not that RC will lose any sleep over that!

It's the Man Utd syndrome, the most successful and perceived powerful clubs are also the most hated by other fans. Long may it continue, providing we are disliked for being good/winning rather than bad behaviour, that's fine with me!
Soggypitch
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

Another good article today in the Telegraph by Mick Cleary talking to the 4 semi's D-O-Rugby.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... aches.html

(Sorry Mods if this is considered a duplicate, I won't take offence if you merge it. As it is from a later date I thought it would need its own title)