Tigers Challenge at Minehead

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

leybournetiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Tigers Challenge at Minehead

Post by leybournetiger »

Just returned from the mini's rugby tournament at Butlins Minehead where my boy's team Aylesford Bulls took part in the Tigers Challenge.

A big thank you to the development team who had plenty of time for the boys and a special mention to Steve Baker who took our training session which the boys really enjoyed.

Also well done George Chuter for the long round trip to come and present the medals to the lads.

Cheers :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Tigerbeat

Re: Tigers Challenge at Minehead

Post by Tigerbeat »

Glad you had a good time. I believe Hinckley were also at Minehead.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
leybournetiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by leybournetiger »

Hinckley were there as was a certain Mr Rowntree who I presume must have had a son playing.
AidanMcDowell

Post by AidanMcDowell »

[quote="leybournetiger"]Also well done George Chuter for the long round trip to come and present the medals to the lads.[/quote]

My son's U12 team were at Pontin's in Camber Sands this weekend and they had Nigel Redman presenting the awards. "Nigel Who?" all the boys asked. Known to all the Dads of course but none of the boys had heard of him. Now if we'd had Chutes, my lad especially would have been thrilled. (In fact, I might have made an embarrassing lunge for the stage myself to have a photo taken with him!)
Penallta Boy

Post by Penallta Boy »

Thanks to everyone involved with Leicester Tigers for a brilliant weekend of mini rugby at Minehead. Graham Rowntree was great with the kids all weekend and George Chuter did a marvellous job at the presentation. A special thanks also goes to the referees who coped with our Welsh fervour from the sidelines admirably!

We had a really great weekend, with our under 11s coming runners up in the cup and our under 10s winning the bowl as well as our little scrum half Tom winning the under 10s Magic Moments award. To top it all our senior side then won the WRU plate at the Millenium Stadium on Bank Holiday Monday, so the village of Ystrad Mynach (the club is named after the nearby Penallta colliery) was full of sore heads yesterday!

Yours in rugby,

Penallta RFC Under 10s

:smt038