McGeechan Out

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

stretch_

Re: McGeechan Out

Post by stretch_ »

I think a lot of these owners don't really know what they want and when they get something they decide that isn't it. Bath have looked poor from what I have seen and never understood paying for all the aged talent when I feel the game is getting younger and younger. Danny did start against Saints but didn't really see enough to fairly comment
Crumbie Terrace Season Ticket Holder
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Most of the Bath fans i have spoken to are quite happy Geech has gone. They have some really talented players coming through (so i am informed), like Nathan CATT and that Heathcote was very good aginst us. I dont think the buy of Donald was a very wise mood (Rumours he is on 400k) and that has stifled their younger talent. The retirement of Moody was inivatble and suggests that the club did the sensible thing in not offering him the longer contract he wanted. Bath have a huge rebuilding process to do and next season may se them struggle a bit, esp if the promoted team play like Exeter have.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I have been told today by a senior bath source that McGeecham is not leaving the club completely but moving up ladder to continue to build on the structure which was his role on first going to Bath.
I guess we will just have to wait & see on that one
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Seemingly barf are to interview Gold from the Falcons, can't say as he's done much up north, so why expect him to turn round an ailing barf team?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

According to the Independent, Mallet is "in the frame" to take over.
The owner is filthy rich and not been impressed by what his money has got him
this year.
If Mallet is looking to take over a club, they certainly seem to have the means
to support an ambitious coach. Not that money is the key to all success.
A life long Tiger
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

I think half a dozen regulars on here could pick a better squad than Bath's !!!???

Especially as money seems to be not much of an object--so to speak....

And yes, the Tigers trio did well financially !
No. 3

Post by No. 3 »

According to the NZ Herald, Pat Lam is going to Bath from Auckland Blues...
alex_111
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by alex_111 »

tigerburnie wrote:Seemingly barf are to interview Gold from the Falcons, can't say as he's done much up north, so why expect him to turn round an ailing barf team?
I think if you look at Newcastle's form since Gold took over its not been too bad, I'd have thought that if they had this form throughout the whole season they'd be doing ok
SimonP10

Post by SimonP10 »

Bruce Craig did not get rich by being compassionate and clearly for all his track record Geech is no miracle man. I suspect Geech wanted to stay high level but got forced to take more day to day control at bath which exposed him as human ! I think Baxter for bath ! .......this is tongue in cheek ...