Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

drc_007
Super User
Super User

Re: Ford MUST replace Flood

Post by drc_007 »

norfolkexpat wrote:
Flood's strengths are probably better suited to inside centre, now that we have very very stupidly lost Twelvetrees
Unless the cunning plan was to move Flood to 12?
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Having read this thread since the Doomsday, I feel like an interjection is in order! The original statement says GF must replace TF and in time I suspect he probably will... so long as he stays with us. But what is needed is to bring this young lad on and nurture him like top teams do to their young talent. It must be remembered that he is still only 18 and hopefully will have a long and distinguished career ahead of him... I certainly hope so. But what the doomers seem to want to do is when a player has an off day, he is castigated. Remember what happened to Beckham when he was sent off against the Argies in the football world cup? He came back and was revered by all. TF is still a quality player and has plenty to offer England and us. Its just great to see that Tigers have plenty of options in all departments. If Castro had an off day would people say Cole must replace him now... or the same with TTTE and Jordan Crane?

Let just be pleased that we have these quality players playing for us with more than 1 player for each position.

Just one more thing... good to see Jordan Crane running around at Barf last night.
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Good point, Nailsworth Tiger

I suppose the fly half--a key position--is always in the spotlight

But , yes, we are extremely lucky, with by far and away the strongest squad in England--and most of France to boot !
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

drc_007 wrote:
norfolkexpat wrote:
Flood's strengths are probably better suited to inside centre, now that we have very very stupidly lost Twelvetrees
Unless the cunning plan was to move Flood to 12?
I would be disappointed if the idea of Ford at 10 with Flood at 12 wasn't looked at, even just in training. Having 3 fly halves of such quality, with Bowden arriving next year, can only be a positive.