Items that should be in the shop

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Items that should be in the shop

Post by fleabane »

The "University Scarf" thread, in which I asked for suggestions on what items should be carried in the shop seems to have been a victim of the recent "crash". :smt017

So, new (and previous suggestions please) which can be taken forward to Kitbag at a Supporters' Forum meeting, please! :smt024
Valhalla I am coming!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Items that should be in the shop

Post by Old Hob »

Ladies and gents' gilets in Tiger colours (although some do like the pink)
Tiger hats
The big green jackets
Cushions
ummm...
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

I totally agree that the University Scarves and the cushions need to be re-instated. If they [Kitbag] are concerned about the amount of space they may take up in the new shop, why not have them as mail-order only?

The new shop seems to have many items that are non-Tigers related and just simply rugby related. The Tigers shop at Welford Road should be almost exclusively Tigers and that way all Tigers products should be available. The Tigers shop on Market Street may attract a different client base and therefore could hold the wider range of non-Tigers products.

This does need sorting and soon. Kitbag have been appointed by the Club in good faith, but the removal of certain key items that have an obvious popularity indicates a lack of understanding of the market. If Kitbag reps bothered to be at Welford Road on matchdays they would see how many fans have the University Scarves, cushions etc. The club Board wear the scarves and the photo of Alex receiving his watch from Goldsmiths also shows a sponsor wearing one. The cushions, whilst good quality, will not last forever and there will always be a market for them. Come on Kit bag - do your research!
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Larger sized clothing items (shirts etc) for ladies that are true to size. A t-shirt purchased for my size 14 daughter was an XL, it fitted so it wasn't skintight and slightly short on her. Plus-sized ladies have to wear mens' cut items and they are (obviously) shaped for men!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Don't mean to be critical, but our 'souvenirs' and other items in club colours do seem a little unimaginative. I often wonder whether we could look at Italy's ideas - same colours, more dash??
Also, every time I wear my feather boa in Tigers' colours, I get envious glances [or at least that's my interpretation!] so why not try those? Great fun to wave. I got as far as researching suppliers in ours & other clubs' colours. :smt004
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Standing under the Goldsmiths stand waiting for the wife I counted 6 Tigers uni scarves within a 5m circle. On the way back to the car park it was similar 8 on people within say 10 paces ahead! Kept seeing them!!
As for Tigers head hats - everywhere!

So Kitbag.......no call for these items?? Get a grip! :smt018
Tigers - true Champions!
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

I asked in the shop early last season for a cushion for the wife. We were told that the shop cannot stock these anymore due to minimum order quantities and that the shop cannot stock high levels of large items. Surely there must be somewhere in the ground the cushions could be stocked.

A few replies to this thread want cushions, so can't we set up a petition to get in these cushions?
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

I'd just like them to re-=stock items they used to have - my golf size brolly broke and when I went to replace it they don't do them any more!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Here's a radical request how about selling hats & caps in our club colours!! Not much to ask for surely, & of course tiger hats & cushions. I'm fed up with all this leisure gear let's get back to being a rugby club selling rugby club stuff!! :smt013 :smt013
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

I looked around the shop last week with my youngster. I wanted a cushion or two, but no they didn't have one. My youngster couldn't find anything he fancied either apart from a rubber duck which was a waste of money (we did not buy it). In fact the contents in the shop, apart from the green, red and white rugby shirts which we don't need at the moment, were generally drab and boring. Consequently we left empty handed and a little disappointed, though also a bit relieved that no money was wasted!

My wife would like a beret in Tigers' colours and I would love a Tam o Shanter hat in red, green and white tartan - nothing outlandish! Our youngster already has a Tiger hat we bought from Hull. We saw quite a few of those on Saturday and very nice they look too.

Drab and boring sums up Leicester Tigers all too often these days.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

A Tam hat in MacPhie or MacPhee Modern tartan!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Although not appropriate to sell in the shops, I think there would be good demand for a Smoke on the Water intro ring tone, that we could download onto our mobiles. Presumably this could be sold on the web site?

In the past I downloaded a Smoke.... ring tone but it was the middle singing section not the proper musical intro that Tigers fans will want.

Surely somebody at the club should look into this, it could be a real money spinner for them!
Soggypitch
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Great idea!! it may be useful to email the club direct with your excellent suggestion the contact list is top right on the Tigers web pages :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Soggypitch wrote:Although not appropriate to sell in the shops, I think there would be good demand for a Smoke on the Water intro ring tone, that we could download onto our mobiles. Presumably this could be sold on the web site?
If you want this as a ring tone, there are numerous sites out there where you can download it for free or even get the entire album (it first appeared on Machine Head). I've had Smoke On The Water as my ring tone for the past 3-4 years and it only took a few minutes to download the track to my PC and then to my phone.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

A return to dog stuff.

All dogs need collars and leads, and Spud the Dog's Tigers ones are wearing badly. Also, being a working terrier, he needs a coat in mid-winter (terriers like him have no downy fur) so his Tigers Dog Coat used to draw admiring comments everywhere from the beaches of East Yorkshire to the fields of North West Leicestershire. Indeed he was even photographed for the Tigers matchday programme wearing it.

Alas it is now a bit threadbare and I can't find a replacement.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!