Announcements during the match

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Announcements during the match

Post by Isambard »

I do think that announcements of substitutions and cards should be given promptly and consistently. The red cards were not announced at all, I dont recall Dylan Hartley's substitution being announced and various other people too. Sightlines are not always available etc etc. Think it is a bit lazy of the announcer to not tell us these things.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Announcements during the match

Post by sapajo »

Agreed! The announcer Mr Sherrard? seemed to go AWOL :smt018
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Don't worry, there'll be plenty of announcements at the next home match. No doubt we will be treated to the usual, brain-numbing list of who sponsors what and how we must enjoy Heineken but be responsible whilst drinking it. I appreciate the announcer is obliged to read out all this guff at HC matches but that doesn't make it any easier on the ears.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
fogba
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by fogba »

Isambard wrote:I do think that announcements of substitutions and cards should be given promptly and consistently. The red cards were not announced at all, I dont recall Dylan Hartley's substitution being announced and various other people too. Sightlines are not always available etc etc. Think it is a bit lazy of the announcer to not tell us these things.
Well said Isimabrd.
It is not only the lack of information about the game we are watching but also on what is happening elsewhere. I am a rugby fan and I am interested in other scores in the Premiership but perish the thought that Tigers would communicate anything about what happens outside Welford Road; make that inside Welford Road as well.
Irish by birth, Munster by the grace of God, now living in Leicester for my sins.
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

jgriffin wrote:For the richest club in the league not to have a permanent full screen at 45 degrees to the pitch is inexcusable - scrap the cricket pavilion? Real time subs could be announced, just a matter of pushing a couple of buttons; replays shown etc.

Agreed
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

We will have plenty at the next game, most of which will consist of being told to be quite when the kicks are being taken :smt009
Zdzislaw

Post by Zdzislaw »

I agree with fogba........it'd be good to hear or see scores from other games at half time and full time.
Red Boots

Post by Red Boots »

You won't be able to hear them because of the helicopter.

I SAID "YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HEAR THEM BECAUSE OF THE HELICOPTER"
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Zdzislaw wrote:I agree with fogba........it'd be good to hear or see scores from other games at half time and full time.

The problem with that is the number of fans who complain vociferously because they are recording other games or for whatever reason do not want to know the scores in other games. Believe me, when it was done, there were oodles of complaints and demands for score announcements for other matches to be stopped.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Rizzo wrote:
Zdzislaw wrote:I agree with fogba........it'd be good to hear or see scores from other games at half time and full time.

The problem with that is the number of fans who complain vociferously because they are recording other games or for whatever reason do not want to know the scores in other games. Believe me, when it was done, there were oodles of complaints and demands for score announcements for other matches to be stopped.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

You can't please Tigers' fans at all, ever :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

It would not make any difference if you are on the terrace - the PA system is diabolical. We can never hear the announcents and have no idea whats going at half-time. I can't understand why they don't use the sign at the clibhouse end more. Having said that I agree last week was poor with nothing at all.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Personally I am vexed that that the announcer doesn't always tell me whether I should take my items of personal belonging with me when I leave the ground.

Or if unattended packages might be viewed suspiciously.

You wouldn't get railway announcers slacking like that.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

bc wrote:It would not make any difference if you are on the terrace - the PA system is diabolical. We can never hear the announcents and have no idea whats going at half-time. I can't understand why they don't use the sign at the clibhouse end more. Having said that I agree last week was poor with nothing at all.
Your comments only emphasise further the disparity between the quality of the PA system in the Crumbie and the CAT stand.

Yours can't be heard and ours is so deafening I've taken to wearing ear-plugs during matches. When match announcements/music etc. are in full swing, I've given up trying to talk to other people; it's like being under seige.

Have e-mailed the club on more than one occasion to no avail, so it's ear-plugs a gogo for me!

I would agree about the Clubhouse sign, but it's angled in such a way that we can't see it at all; probably why they put up the little red scoreboard in the corner.

Agree with BJ about the sponsorship announcements: 'Dove Men + Care etc.'
Some are cringeworthy and a bit sissy!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I too have emailed the club on several occasions regarding the tannoy levels in the Cat. They say they will monitor the situation, but still nothing is done.
Far from the inane babble both before the game and at HT a few announcements regarding WHAT IS ACTUALLY TAKING PLACE IN REGARD TO THE GAME would be better. Very often less is more!

We used to have Charlie Dagnell doing the announcing, so much better. Clarity of voice, correct in detail and with a bit of proper banter thrown in.