catering vans

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: catering vans

Post by tb1 »

The catering is outsourced, I can't remember the exact length of the contract but it is long. Spend per head is apparently high for the industry at WR so dont expect anything to change soon, there is a very long thread on this issue at the top of the forum.

I recommend you dont buy anything at WR, the more that do this the more likely the issue will be addressed.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Given the prices charged at WR I found that I simply could not afford to buy food for the kids and a few pints for myself before the game, so they now wait until we get home to eat. :smt002
man in the suite
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by man in the suite »

( :smt041 )i think that you will find ted's place is open again under new managment give them a try on saturday :smt039 quote="Isambard"]Bit lazy and greedy of Tigers all at the same time. £22 for the food described is a joke except for the fact it is true.
Tigers have total control of who, how many and what they pay to put their van there.
I would have thought that there are enough employees on the Tigers staff to take catering seriously but the neverending thread on this forum about catering suggests otherwise.
Leicestershire is a huge food county but you wouldnt know it at Tigers.
I don't buy food in the ground because I have found it expensive and not very nice. Until very recently I have ourced a lovely cheese, onion an dmayo bap at Ted's Kwik bite next door but one to the chippy. But it has closed!! I am devastated and am still looking for a source of cheese and onion.
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

My lot go to Kwick Bite. Small sandwich shop across the road from the players car park. 2 decent baguettes for under 5 quid. Bargain.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

man in the suite wrote:I am devastated and am still looking for a source of cheese and onion.
Try "The Pub" on New Walk. Awful name but 1st rate beer, scotch eggs (with a hint of chilli), sausage rolls, and cobs full of pork and stuffing or cheese and onion.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

man in the suite wrote:( :smt041 )i think that you will find ted's place is open again under new managment give them a try on saturday :smt039 quote="Isambard"]Bit lazy and greedy of Tigers all at the same time. £22 for the food described is a joke except for the fact it is true.
Tigers have total control of who, how many and what they pay to put their van there.
I would have thought that there are enough employees on the Tigers staff to take catering seriously but the neverending thread on this forum about catering suggests otherwise.
Leicestershire is a huge food county but you wouldnt know it at Tigers.
I don't buy food in the ground because I have found it expensive and not very nice. Until very recently I have ourced a lovely cheese, onion an dmayo bap at Ted's Kwik bite next door but one to the chippy. But it has closed!! I am devastated and am still looking for a source of cheese and onion.
Kwick bite has re opened. Not as good as it was but still good value for money.
Tigershaz
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Tigershaz »

We pick up burger and chips on the way to the ground sometimes and carry them in. McD or TJ's, but it depends on how much time we have.