Piracy

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Red Boots

Piracy

Post by Red Boots »

I know there is a device which defends against pirates by blasting them with unpleasant noise at high volume and I appreciate the club needs to be proactive. Howver the Cornish Pirates will not be here till next season at least so last weekend was a little early to try the system out.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Piracy

Post by kingol22 »

Im confused what is this about?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I`m guessing that like so many of us he or she finds the sound levels of the PA system too high, particularly in the Cat stand?
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

fentiger wrote:I`m guessing that like so many of us he or she finds the sound levels of the PA system too high, particularly in the Cat stand?
Makes sense now thanks.

Whilst on the matter of the PA system does anyone else find some of the lyrics in the music inappropriate for a family ground?
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Unlike the terrace where we can hardly hear a thing from the PA!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

As a CAT-stand-er, I can vouch for the lady's distress. The PA system is deafening, you can barely talk to the person next to you and it goes on for the whole pre- and half-time!
Always a Tiger
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I do my hardest to block most of it out as it is so loud and distorted as to be painful!
We raised these complaints several times over the past two seasons, I emailed a member of staff about it and received assurances it was being dealt with Towards the end of last season it did appear to be SLIGHTLY better, but now seems at least to be as bad as ever.
As a further point it doesn`t seem to matter where in the Cat stand, as we have moved seat this season by quite a distance!
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

I agree that the sound levels in the CAT stand are unpleasantly deafening and my youngster wouldn't go without wearing ear plugs.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Vote with your feet and stop going. I did, the Matchday experience just became too unpleasant for me at WR with that sort of stuff along some of the boorish crowd there. And before anyone starts I am NOT a Tartan Rugger, far from it!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Eon

Post by Eon »

Appalling music, far too loud. If I wanted that experience I'd bring my i-pod. Or be a DJ and deafen other people with my favourites.

The experience I want is to be able to chat with neighbors before the match and at half time.

Shiny Happy People was good for clearing the ground at the end of play though.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Goldsmiths is too loud too. We want to chat with our neighbours not be drowned by pointless music.

We do not need to be told that this is a non smoking stand, we know!! and then of course there are zillions of stewards who would kindly advice anyone foolish enough to light up.

We dont need to be told that it is polite to be quiet when there are kicks. That should be saved for a comment if anf after any noise arises. I though that the crowd going shussssssssssssssssssssssshhhh has always been effective.

and so on.
The announcer should be given some training in giving the scores too.

When I ran mobile discos and public address systems I always remembered that those that paid me to perform should have control of the VOLUME :censored:. Would you believe that the word after volume has been censored because i called it a volume :censored:. Sorry but that was what is was called.
Last edited by Isambard on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Luckily.....

1. I always disappear for a pint at half-time.
2. I'm stone deaf anyway.

I realise that this may not help some people.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I've never found it deafening but I'd be in favour of them dropping the volume a notch or three. Let it be back ground stuff as I don't think anyone really appreciates the tunes anyway. As said above on the occasions I do make it to WR (playing commitments plus financial poverty restrict me) I'd much rather have a chat with those around me.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

In the terrace it just sounds like a mumble thankfully and we just ignore all that they are saying anyway - because it is all pointless tosh anyway.

Thankfully we no longer have the emabarrasment of the idiot doing the sit down stand up routine in order to get a years supply of Guiness, who was always booed and jeered and told where to get off by our section of the crowd.

My only worry now would be if there was an emergency we would not hear any important anouncement.

Hopefully some one would have the sense to stand on top of one of the dugouts and Yell ............FIRE!
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Being on the terrace, I am forever clapping people on the pitch without any idea why I am doing it.....
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..