Dan Cole

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Dan Cole

Post by Qbec »

I may have missed this, but can anyone tell me if Dan has signed a new contract yet?
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Dan Cole

Post by PM76 »

Qbec wrote:I may have missed this, but can anyone tell me if Dan has signed a new contract yet?
My understanding was that he had one more year on his contract.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Dan has one year on his contract but Tigers have been trying to tie him down early as a few AP clubs have been reportedly interested. These include Gloucester who have just lost their first choice TH to Saints. He will be with us next year but I think the club wanted to get a contract sorted before his stock had chance to rise at the RWC. Dan on the other hand is rumoured to want assurances of first team action and a salary comparible with the other first team props.
leic

Post by leic »

Would not be surprised if DC is a little fed up with his lack of starts and may be looking at his options? I hope not as think he is brilliant, the quiet unsung hero when he gets his chance. Seems a man of few words, but as hard as nails! Wouldnt mind him as my body guard!!!!
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Dan is an immense talent and a very humble guy. For his sake, I hope he drives a hard bargain, but comes to an agreement with the club, as they complement each other nicely.....

In a professional game, people will move on & we may need to accept that the deal done to keep Castro will have an impact on negotiations with Dan. Lets
hope this is not the case.

It will always be difficult to keep all our stars happy, but players like Dan can be the cornerstone of this club for the next 10 years.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Whilst I am happy that Castro has re-signed, I am concerned that Cockers leaves him on the bench and does not start him. It must be very disheartening to constantly hear the cheers for Castro when he is announced pre-match, and to hear them again when he is substituted. Cole does not appear to receive the credit he deserves from Cockers or the supporters.

We would be much diminished without him. We can only rely on his loyalty for so long . . . :smt010
Valhalla I am coming!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I would think the England Management team would prefer DC to stay at Tigers for a balanced workload with Castro (& others) rather than being flogged every weekend like the Saints props were last season. I would like him to stay but IMHO he hasn't taken another step forward last season appeared to be on "Pause", but still very young for a Prop.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
rugger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by rugger »

Kieran Brookes has stated his favoured role as being tight head although he can play across the front row. What we need is a hooker so maybe thats where Tigers see his future. Unless i'm mistaken we're not in the market for one, have lost one although Youngs may well be ready for a return. Chuter really doesnt have long left, clearly lost any dynamism he may or may not have had. Brits is setting a standard for hooker and Chuter is not there.

Cole is a touch old fashioned I imagine and would only be happy if he's up against the coal face week in week out. I doubt being rested is in his agenda !

I'm also not convinced Castro is quite the player he was......might be another topic but post re-signing he hasnt dominated games as he did a season or two ago. Suppose this wheat allergy may have some bearing on that.

So, Cole should be playing a bit more definately, he shouldnt ever want to leave a club like the Tigers where true front row talents are appreciated. Losing a youngster like him would send out all the wrong signals.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

rugger wrote:I'm also not convinced Castro is quite the player he was......might be another topic but post re-signing he hasnt dominated games as he did a season or two ago. Suppose this wheat allergy may have some bearing on that.
I'm not sure that I entirely agree with this. Certainly he did not look on top form for most of the season, up to and just after the 6N, which is when he discovered his dietary problem. However, ask Olly Morgan whether he feels that Castro is now in top 'kick-chase' form :smt003. As for scrummaging, he might still have been a bit off form, but the loss of Louis Deacon will also have had an effect.
leic

Post by leic »

Reading these posts and the mention of Youngs does anyone know what is his situation next season? Has anyone watched him much? When i last saw him in the stands he looked huge? Could he be the next Brits?