Well Cockers!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Well Cockers!!

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="MrE"]Oh dear, all of a sudden the Tigers realise that that thier devine right to a trophy every year was all in thier heads and acctually they have to earn one.

Stop moaning about finishing top but still having to go through the play off's its the same for all the teams Tigers have ambushed over the years.

And it IS time to Cockerill to go, not because you lost today but because he has run out of ideas,everyone knows how to stop Tigers but today you came up against a team that could acctually do it,as they have done all season. :smt045[/quote]

Who exactly is moaning about finishing top, as you say?
I think you will find the vast majority saying that Sarries deserved the win today. Well done!
masopa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by masopa »

Snorbins wrote:so you will all be getting your C.V's ready for submittal for the managers vacancy!
No thanks, unless the salary is a lot higher than I imagine... also, I don't have the knowledge, understanding, experience or skills to be a DoR. Does that mean I can't have an opinion on a rugby forum, though?
Snorbins wrote:Its all very simple - Sarries won and deserved it.
Agreed. But we should have played better and not "let" them win it. As Cockers said at the beginning, if we didn't get our top game out we'd lose. We didn't and we lost. The players played a poor brand of rugby dictacted by poor tactics. All of that should have been better - but, IMO, the bulk of the blame doesn't lie with the players.
Snorbins wrote:As for Floody, his kicking has been suspect since his inclusion in England squad and was encouraged to change his run up.
I don't have a view on this - but he didn't kick brilliantly. Farrell, on the other hand, did, including a touchline conversion which meant they went into the final plays 4 points clear instead of 2 points clear. Had it been the latter, that final penalty might have delivered a different result.
Snorbins wrote:Get to William Hill now with your 10p bet for Tigers to win 2 out of 3 competitions.
Why? Is this just a childish comment or am I missing something?? Sorry if I'm being stupid...
Snorbins wrote:As a matter of interest IF Cockers goes who is available? Neil Back?
Why should Cockers go? This is the perfect opportunity for him to get a real kick up the backside and be told in no uncertain terms what he needs to sort out. When a player plays poorly - even over a few games - you shouldn't drop him forever. Instead, educate and look for improvement. The improvement we require next season is some silverware... and not the LV Cup!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

The tactics were simply poor today, up front we can generally compete but the back play? Well hat's more down to O'Connor I'd say. Any chance of trading him in for Austin?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

masopa wrote:
kpbates wrote:
g wrote:Yeah a really great season.Diddly squat won.

What would you rather g,fighting all the way for silverware,playing in Grand Finals,Quarter Finals, or a middle of the table team with :censored: all to play for??You would then be insisting on a new coach every season.

We lost,it happens,move on!!
Now come on. I'd normally be the last person on this forum to defend g but...

Coming second in the AP and LOSING a QF in the HEC is simply not good enough. We are NOT a second tier team. We should be coming away with silverware every season. If we fail at that we need to be able to look back on our season and think, "we've had so many great performances, we've developed so much good talent, how did we not win?"

We can't do that this season. We have played a generally poor brand of rugby. Second best in many matches. We topped the table through destroying a few teams and scraping quite a few losing bonus points. That's ok, as long as we back it up by winning the knock-out matches.

So, while I disagree with g on pretty much everything she says, one thing is true:

We are Leicester Tigers. Second best is not good enough. It might be adequate on occasion if we've had a great season otherwise. This is not the case.

Spot on! Plan A failed again. I have been b*tching all season about our inability to change a game. I do the same again. :smt011
Valhalla I am coming!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

MrE wrote:Oh dear, all of a sudden the Tigers realise that that thier devine right to a trophy every year was all in thier heads and acctually they have to earn one.

Stop moaning about finishing top but still having to go through the play off's its the same for all the teams Tigers have ambushed over the years.

And it IS time to Cockerill to go, not because you lost today but because he has run out of ideas,everyone knows how to stop Tigers but today you came up against a team that could acctually do it,as they have done all season. :smt045
Have you just joined to be rude and troll the forum? If so, expect a ban shortly. Your posts are being observed.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I think you are overreacting Rizzo, let him/her have his say.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
chris4xy

Post by chris4xy »

A dissapointing game from the Tigers point of view. The better team on the day won. We didn't seem to play with the intensity and determination that we showed in the semi-final. Very good coverage from ESPN though, really showed what the atmosphere was like.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Apparently Cockers/O'connor have been having yoga lessons throughout the week in order to calm them down!!!

Must have worked they were both very quite today,disappointing really.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Some long hard thinking needs to be done.
We lost to a pretty ordinary side - sorry but that's the truth.
The first half was sloppy with a lot of missed tackles.

We lacked creativity especially with Manu being banned.
Flood & Youngs are still way off form and need to learn to separate what they do for England and what they do for Tigers.

Someone needs to get into Cockes head & realise Chuter isn't up to it. I appreciate that Cockers empathises with small hookers but that can't take away that Chutes is a lightweight scrummager & in the loose - particularly exposed now he's slowed down.
Back row - no true No7 since Moody left.

We've gone from runners up in Europe a couple of seasons ago to nothing!

Perhaps we shouldn't renew O'Connor's contract? New blood in the coaching set up is needed. I wouln't advocate sacking Cocker but we do need changes and someone to stand up to his undoubted favouritism. (Chuter, Crane and Smith over Hawkins, TTE & Twelvetrees to give 3 examples). Why have we left Hipkiss out of the side long after he returned to fitness? Because he's leaving? Sorry Cockers you can't be that punitive. Do we need a dedicated forwards coach?
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

Cracking thread this.

We lost against the most conservative team in the AP as we are too conservative.

Genuinely deluded logic.
paula123

Post by paula123 »

I fail to see how 'sacking' coaches/manages will do anything but disrupt the team further.

We have been the most consistent team over the years and what i find really annoying is that if we had won today there wouldn't have been any of this.

This is rugby NOT football and when we loose a final we don't sack the manager we show more support to both players and coaches like i hope that the club will do and not listen to some of what has been written on here.

Win or loose i am proud to support our team and its coaches,and proud to wear my colours.
Castro's no.1 fan!!!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

tb1 wrote:Cracking thread this.

We lost against the most conservative team in the AP as we are too conservative.

Genuinely deluded logic.
We were conservative in attack and far from that in defence - our conservatism would be fine if we didn't leak points from penalties let alone conceeding tries to a side that has only scored 30 or so all season. 45 points leaked against Gloucester!

They were better at being conservative!
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

A few things I believe about today:

Flood was given a lesson in kicking out of hand today by the little Fazlet. Flood's tactical kicking was atrocious he gave Saffers more possession than their own scrum today.

This meant we played too much rugby in our own half. Just exactly like Saffers wanted us to.

We are too dependent on Flood. With him malfunctioning we were bereft of ideas in attack, and starved of field position and possession.

Gutted, but in truth Saracens didn't even need to be that good to beat us today.

We need a half-backs heart transplant I think. A FH that gives Floody some first team starter competition. Hopefully Mickey Young will do that to Ben too.
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Big problem is--we have far far too many plodders !

Good enough to keep the averages up, but absolutely no chance of winning anything important--- ie the Heineken

As proven today....

Time to get rid of ---Hamilton- Smith -Chuter-Newby-Woods -Grindal-Staunton-Crane ( sorry)---until he learns that there is something called an off-load

We need PACE and more PACE a la Brits . What a player.

And I hate to say it ---but Castro needs a severe fitness programme, as his season has disintegrated since all the palava about keeping him .
Our scrum used to be feared. Not any more....
rob81
Tiger Cub

Post by rob81 »

Have to agree, Flood was poor today. We played the game the way Sarries wanted it played, virtually everytime we had the ball he kicked straight back to them, and the 2 kicks he missed were well kickable. Thought some of the others were just as poor though. They didn't seem to have the same desire as Sarries which has to come down to the motivation from the coaches or we have some of the wrong players in the team in terms of their own personal motivation. Oh well role on next year, hopefully Billy, Manu, Mickey Young and Kieron Brookes will add the young fresh game we desperately need.