Team news vs Sarries

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

paula123

Team news vs Sarries

Post by paula123 »

When is the team news announced for tomorrow??I haven't seen anything yet,isn't it usually announced on Thursday??
Last edited by paula123 on Fri May 27, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Castro's no.1 fan!!!
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Team news vs Sarries?

Post by Suz »

Hi Paula :smt006
Team news is usually lunchtime on a Friday, so I would assume that it would be the same for this game
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
paula123

Post by paula123 »

Thank's Suz :smt039

Should be great game i can't wait!!!

Hopefully all players fully fit,would love to see Billy in the starting line up in replace of Manu.
Castro's no.1 fan!!!
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

Smith to outside centre, Agulla on the wing. Could start with Cole and TTTE depending what Cockers game plan
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

I concur. The question is, will we see 36 or Danny H on the bench? 36, I suspect.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

AA definitely starting according to his interview in today's Times
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Old Hob wrote:AA definitely starting according to his interview in today's Times
No great surprise there. He's fit and the first-choice 12 at the club so nobody but the most one-eyed Twelvetrees fanatic would contemplate replacing him. However, there does appear to be a few of them ...
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Matt Smith at 13 according to O'Connor (http://www.leicestertigers.com/forum/vi ... =1&t=32312)

I would imagine Danny H will be in the stands, if he's not sunning himself on a beach somewhere. A great shame he hasn't had any game time to speak of since injury as I would love to see him in one last big game for Tigers (I bet he would too). Perhaps he will be on the bench for the psychological effect after last year. :smt023

One good thing about moving Smithy to 13 is that Aguila will be on the wing. Other than that the only decisions are which prop(s) we start with. Chuter to start at least, due to his temperament but the locks will be crucial hopefully with Deacon being fit and starting.

There, easy this management lark. :smt006
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

A fit Deacon is essential to Tigers , but an almost fit Deacon could be a liability .Look what happened in Dublin .
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

The more I reflect on this season, the more I come back to the lock situation and the devastation of losing Richard Blaze, who I have no doubt would have been off to New Zealand for the World Cup. Not content with that, our best lock and arguably our best forward last year, Geoff Parling has also missed the entire season through injury. I'm just going through the other Premiership semi-finalists and wondering how they would have coped losing:

Sarries - Borthwick/Botha
Saints - Lawes/Day
Glaws - Attwood/Brown

I tell you how they would have coped....they wouldn't have done. Add to this the fact that Louis Deacon has only played a handful of games and you're left with Skivington, Mafi, Green and (on occasion) Croft in the second row, all of whom have played a massive part in keeping the lineout competitive and the scrum moving forward.

So, assuming (but not definite) that Deacon goes to the World Cup, we could have a very strong engine room over that period, with Skivington, Parling and Kitchener (if he comes in).

As for the team news (back on track)...Matt Smith to 13, Agulla to the wing. 12T on the bench. Castro to start as he did against Saints with Cole to come on and cause devastation and havoc. :smt038
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

it's all gone a bit quiet on the injuries - I guess to keep sarries guessing. frustrating for us though..
cheers
Rich
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

If Deacon isn't starting it must be a reasonably serious or nagging injury. He was "close" (Cockers) for the semi-final...that was 2 weeks ago so if he's not mended yet, there must be something that needs sorting out. The only question remaining if he is fit is match fitness....I suspect that he would start and then Mafi/Skivington would come on after 50/60 mins.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

mike wrote:A fit Deacon is essential to Tigers , but an almost fit Deacon could be a liability .Look what happened in Dublin .
The problem in Dublin was that Slater had to come on and call the lineout and although is an excellent prospect he is inexperienced. Whereas if Deacon starts we could simply bring on Mafi with Skivs calling the lineout which worked well against the Saints. Personally I would not be suprised to see Deacon out of the squad all together, similarly to the Semi where the Mercury announced that he would start and yet he was not in the squad.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

I think TTTE should start along with Castro,we need there big impact for the first 50/60 mins.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

cheers
Rich