Good luck to Northampton(one off)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

divingrob

Re: Good luck to Northampton(one off)

Post by divingrob »

So much for large salary caps and French dominance in European rugby, Well done to Northampton, Now hoping they lose every match now this season.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

kingol22 wrote:really hope saints manage to get 3rd place in the prem because they look very good at the moment. If we meet them at twickenham it will probably be a game to far for them.

Looking at the table,a WBP against a doomed Leeds team i think will give them 3rd place providing Glaws don't do the same against Sale.Saints did look very good in the first half although the bit i seen the ref did help them along there way.A very good chip and chase move which may have resulted in a Perp try,but penalized as offside,clearly wasn't,could have changed the course of the game.

I for one find it VERY hard to congratulate the Saints.but here goes.

Not Bad. :smt012
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Just returned from Saints game where we wore our Tigers shirts with pride. Much good natured banter from their fans as well as some suprise that we were supporting them. An excellent game in an excellent stadium - by far the best football standium I have been in bearing in mind I don't watch soccer.
Even got bought a pint from some Saints fans. We also met some who support Tigers as their second team!
Good luck to Saint in the HC Final. Tigers for the Prem final then all our East Midland boys can go off to the RWC in good spirit!
Jez

Only Winners Win!
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

they did do well and it's good to see another E Mids team reach the final.

would like to see them finish 3rd and then beat Saffacens and face us after losing the HC final the week before.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Congratulations to Saints - nice to see an English club, and one with proper rugby heritage, doing well

Just don't win it a third time until after us please :)
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

CJ wrote:they did do well and it's good to see another E Mids team reach the final.

would like to see them finish 3rd and then beat Saffacens and face us after losing the HC final the week before.
Almost agree - but would like to see Northants win the Heineken Cup final and then have us stuff them at Twickers to show who really is the best team in Europe :smt003
JohnI
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JohnI »

I suppose by that logic that if you beat the champions then Saints, Wasps, Saracens (twice) and Glaws have all been the best team in the AP this season then since they beat Leicester this season :smt017 .
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

JohnI wrote:I suppose by that logic that if you beat the champions then Saints, Wasps, Saracens (twice) and Glaws have all been the best team in the AP this season then since they beat Leicester this season :smt017 .
I didn't claim there was any logic behind this!! :smt002 But I would be more happy to beating the Heineken Cup Winners in the Aviva Final - rather than Heineken Cup runners up! :smt041
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Spot on Brizzle!
Valhalla I am coming!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Without wishing to rain on the Saints parade, they must have had one of the easiest routes to a Heineken Cup final since the tournament began. Ok, they can only play what is put in front of them, but their group was hardly difficult..Castres away was potentially tricky, Blues are on the decline and Edinburgh should (and were) brushed aside. Ulster at home, followed by Perpignan at home presented a test but no more than that, Ulster don't have the power of Northampton and Perpignan's final was in Barcelona. So they've reached the final without running into the bigger sides...namely, Toulouse, Munster, Tigers, Ospreys, Leinster or Biarritz. If they beat Leinster in the final, fair play to them, but it's a couple of notches up in intensity.

For Leinster's part, they were in the group of death (Sarries, Racing Metro and Clermont), Tigers in the quarter-final followed by Toulouse.
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

I suspect Glaws will fail to get the TBP against Sale, and Saints will, meaning Saints vs Sarries and us against Glaws in the Aviva Semi-Finals.

I'd love it if Saints beat Sarries as the Fez-Heads have done nothing but grind out wins all season.

If think Sarries will struggle to win against Quins at The Stoop, and if they do I doubt they'll get the TBP.

Hopefully we'll manage a TBP against London Irish and help ourselves to the top spot in the league AGAIN!

I think a Saints v Tigers final will be a fitting end to a good season.

Saints on the wide open spaces of Twickenham may be a close one to call, but I think they could be tired after a gruelling Heineken Cup Final, and this will be to Tigers' advantage.

Saints to win the Heineken Cup, Tigers to be Aviva Champions - fair does! :smt002
Last edited by Tigerbob on Tue May 03, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Does anyone know where I can get a couple of 'Don't give a toss who wins' caps before May 21st? :smt002
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

BJ. wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a couple of 'Don't give a toss who wins' caps before May 21st? :smt002
I understand that they are for sale in both the Leeds and Newcastle club shops.

:smt005
Still keeping the faith!
JohnI
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JohnI »

Tigerbob wrote:I suspect Glaws will fail to get the TBP against Sale, and Saints will, meaning Saints vs Sarries and us against Glaws in the Aviva Semi-Finals.

I'd love it if Saints beat Sarries as the Fez-Heads have done nothing but grind out wins all season.

If think Sarries will struggle to win against Quins at The Stoop, and if they do I doubt they'll get the TBP.

Hopefully we'll manage a TBP against London Irish and help ourselves to the top spot in the league AGAIN!

I think a Saints v Tigers final will be a fitting end to a good season.

Saints on the wide open spaces of Twickenham may be a close one to call, but I think they could be tired after a gruelling Heineken Cup Final, and this will be to Tigers' advantage.

Saints to win the Heineken Cup, Tigers to be Aviva Champions - fair does! :smt002
I think i could live with that tigerbob (only just though :smt003 ) however I think JM may rest a lot of the first team against leeds in preperation for the semi and GC cup matches over the following weeks therefore the TBP may not be achieved so easily meaning therefore a Tigers/Saints and Sarries/Glaws semi final set up.
If thats the case then meeting Sarries in the final would be sweet revenge for us but beating Tigers at home? very difficult but not impossible. All to play for still.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

BJ. wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a couple of 'Don't give a toss who wins' caps before May 21st? :smt002
There might be quite a few of these around after the elections this week that could double up for this purpose.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.