Good luck to Northampton(one off)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Good luck to Northampton(one off)

Post by BJ. »

I shall be rooting for USAP in the semi and the winner of that semi in the final.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
boon

Post by boon »

in the spirit of neighbourliness evident (from most of you) on this thread, i present a joke:

A guy goes into Leicester Rugby Club's ticket office and asks for two tickets for Leicester's Heineken Cup Semi Final match.

The ticket chap says ‘Leicester are not in the semi finals’.

A week later the guy again goes into Leicester Rugby Club's ticket office and asks for two tickets for Leicester's Heineken Cup Semi Final match.

The ticket chap says ‘Leicester are not in the semi finals’.

Another week later the guy again goes into Leicester Rugby Club's ticket office and asks for two tickets for Leicester's Heineken Cup Semi Final match.

The ticket chap says ‘Leicester are not in the semi finals, so why do you keep asking for tickets?’

The guy says ‘I am from Northampton and I just love hearing you say ‘Leicester are not in the semi finals’

Second year running, of course, we've able to tell this joke or one like it :smt006
Last edited by boon on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Boon, only problem is that Tigers were in the Quarter finals. (see end of joke)

I wish any English club good luck this weekend - Quins and Saints.

Good banter between fans from Saints and Tigers with rugby being the winner!!!

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Your punch line is wrong. Good luck on Sunday Perps are a good team we should know!!
boon

Post by boon »

oh the perils of proofreading after a party.

the quarter final reference, of course was a hangover from last years version of the joke. :smt002
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

As much as the banter would be unbearable, I would rather Stains win it than any of the others. I personally don't think USAP have done enough to warrant being European kings. Don't want Toulouse to retain the title, and for some reason, Im not a fan of Leinster. I respect them, and they probably would deserve it, but I hope they don't do it. Just to let some air out of their ballon. Call me bitter. :smt002
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

USAP are not one of the best teams in Europe, looking at HC & League form overall.

Toulouse & Leinster probably deserve their semi final spots, with Saints close behind (although Sarries & Tigers are clearly the best sides in England).

Leinster will go on to win it now .... (there is no one left to cheer, for me !!)
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I live in Northants and most of my good friends and my in-laws are Saints fans. We are having a bbq at my father in law's place to watch the game and I think there will be around 20 Saints fans present. They are all more than aware of my Tigers affiliations as I like to remind them that their success is relative!

So, as you'd expect, I'm going all out to support Perpignan :smt045 I've found some red and yellow striped footy socks I had as a kid (actually they're for RC Lens, but nevermind), I have a red polo shirt, a yellow scarf and a red baseball cap ready to put on in an hour or so!

Allez Perp!
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

allez Perp :smt038
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Looks like Saints are going to beat Perpignan,and I for one will be rooting for them in the final. I think Leinster get to much of an easy ride in the HC where they always seem to get a relatively easy group and nearly always get help from the ERC when it comes to referees. Magners league refs should not be allowed to ref knockout stages where there may be a Magners team involved.

Leinster are a good side but I honestly don't think they are a great side,they haven't been able to show how good they are yet because they haven't come up against a decent side yet.

If Saints can stay injury free then they have a brilliant chance of knocking Leinster off their perch.
PJ_BECKS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PJ_BECKS »

[quote="g"]I think Leinster get to much of an easy ride in the HC where they always seem to get a relatively easy group and nearly always get help from the ERC when it comes to referees.[/quote]

While Northampton get a hard time of it? They've had the referee on their side all the way in the HC. George Clancy's performance was an absolute joke. As for Leinster not playing a decent side, they've beaten off the Premiership and Top 14 leaders - not bad.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Yes and against Leicester they had the help of a Magners League Ref, so they certainly get preferential treatment when they get a ref who they will be familiar with.

Tigers are a good side but they aint a great side the same as Leinster. Tigers have been iffy al season I cannot believe that it has taken Tigers a season to try and work out the breakdown area and still they haven't worked it out where every other side had it worked out after about 6 games.

I hope Saints beat Leinster and I hope it is not a Magners League ref for the final.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

really hope saints manage to get 3rd place in the prem because they look very good at the moment. If we meet them at twickenham it will probably be a game to far for them.