Lets talk Glaws

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Lets talk Glaws

Post by WiggoTiger »

I am now itching for saturday to come, I feel the lads will be glad to be back at WR and want to put on a great show!! Lets hope Floody doesn't waste possession by kicking to nowhere (like yesterday), kick to corners and play % game.

Glory will come at Twickers when we get our hands on that 3rd Prem in a row!! :smt045
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Lis113
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Lets talk Glaws

Post by Lis113 »

Agreed! Hopefully being back at Welford Road after a run of games on the road will spur the lads on even more :) :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Mafi is my man.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

We need a big 80 minute performance if we do that then gloucester wont stand a chance. Tigers are wounded and will want to hit back, i cant wait :smt027
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

This game could be a harbinger of things to come; when we win, if Saints do also then they go ahead of Glaws in the table leaving guess who in our semi final spot?
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

BarmyBamford wrote:This game could be a harbinger of things to come; when we win, if Saints do also then they go ahead of Glaws in the table leaving guess who in our semi final spot?
This is assuming we finish top. One slip and Sarries could overtake us leaving us in second and still playing Saints.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Sarries play Glaws on Easter Sunday, at Watford. could be a key match for both of them - and us! only to determine who comes to WR for the semi, of course!
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Glaws may come with a weakened side as they face Tigers on Sat, Saints on Tues and Saracens on Sunday. From their perspective they would clearly be focusing on beating Saints and Sarries, to try and get top spot. From a Tigers perspective cannot see many changes other than rotation but would like to see Hawkins given a go. Tigers for a TBP win sending out a clear title message. :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

PM76 wrote:Glaws may come with a weakened side as they face Tigers on Sat, Saints on Tues and Saracens on Sunday. From their perspective they would clearly be focusing on beating Saints and Sarries, to try and get top spot. From a Tigers perspective cannot see many changes other than rotation but would like to see Hawkins given a go. Tigers for a TBP win sending out a clear title message. :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Shedhead 1 here:
I understand BR will be rotating the first 15 this Saturday...I would love to see Trinder, Sharples and May play from the start...all 20 -21 years old....we do not expect anything at WR but need to win against Saints/Saras and Sale.

Whatever happens, we have had a fantastic season.We have won away at Bath, Wasps and Saints so a great season and unbeaten in the last 17 Premership games at home....
Best of luck lads and see you all on Saturday as usual
Bob
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Cheers Bob! :smt006
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I have never considered a win against Glaws to be in the bag before kick off and I'm not going to start now. Tigers "best" squad has stuttered since the 6N , and the Leinster defeat will surely have unsettled them further, particularly the half backs.

Expecting nowt from the game makes Glaws very dangerous IME and they can chuck the ball about with no pressure.

Ben and Toby seriously need to shake off whatever England juju they still carry.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

I think both half backs look like they would benefit from a rest. Which of the remaining games should we gamble in? Go for a win on Sat to pretty much book the home semi, then rest players over the next couple of games?
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Harrison and Staunton :smt023
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Purebob wrote:Harrison and Staunton :smt023
Agree, also resting AA with 12T's :smt023
Tigers Forever
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

If Tigers are going to rest players I think it should be over time. Rest Younsy this weekend and give Harrison a run out with Grindall on the bench. Bring back Youngsy and rest Floody for Staunton the week after with Billy on the bench and in the final game give AA and Manu a rest and use Billy and Smith/Hipkiss.
Red Cap

Post by Red Cap »

All very interesting about resting players for thr run in .You armchair coaches may be right. But and its an important but Cockers has not played Harrison in the premiership so is unlikely to change at the business end of the season. 12T has played but only due to injuries, so the same again and is unlikely to feature.
Once a home play off and/or top position is secure Cockers may be adventurous and play Staunton and Grindle. But lets be honest thats as far as its likely to go