Welcome to Dublin! Places to Eat/Drink here please.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

The OLSC

Welcome to Dublin! Places to Eat/Drink here please.

Post by The OLSC »

Hello all,

For those of you coming to Dublin this weekend please see the Welcome to Dublin guide prepared by the OLSC (the Official Leinster Supporters Club).

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/about/direc ... he_rds.php

Whilst written for the RDS (our home) the Aviva Stadium is within walking distance so the recommendations around accomodation and pubs remain the same.

Should you have any questions leading up to this weekend as you plan your visit please email as olsc 'at' leinsterrugby.ie
Oil Can Harrys

Re: Welcome to Dublin!

Post by Oil Can Harrys »

Welcome to Dublin from Oil Can Harrys, pub & restaurant and only 10 mins walk from the Stadium. We would be delighted to see you all on Friday and/or Saturday and enjoy a pint & fresh, home cooked food in a traditional pub. Check out our website www.oilcanharrys.ie :smt041
The Boxty House

Hungry Tigers?

Post by The Boxty House »

Hi there Tigers fans and greetings from Gallaghers Boxty House in Dublin's Temple Bar!

We are looking forward to another great weekend of Heineken cup action and to show our support for the competition we are offering all fans a complimentary pint of Heineken upon purchase of any main course and presentation of their quarter final ticket or stub!

Offer is running Friday the 8th of April to Sunday the 10th and is not in conjunction with any other special offers or breakfast dishes (sorry guys!).

Looking forward to a great weekend and hope you all enjoy your stay in Dublin no matter what happens on the pitch! :smt045 :smt026 :smt039

(P.s. Sorry Mods for grabbing the free ad space but we think your fans will appreciate the free beer and the feed! Any Tigers fans who've visited us before we'd love to hear any feedback, either on this forum or you can check us out on trip-advisor http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... ublin.html .)
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Lovely welcome, typical of the warmth of welcome I have always received from Dubliners. Only sorry I can't be there!!! :smt010
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
peterjgmills

Post by peterjgmills »

Oil Can Harrys wrote:Welcome to Dublin from Oil Can Harrys, pub & restaurant and only 10 mins walk from the Stadium. We would be delighted to see you all on Friday and/or Saturday and enjoy a pint & fresh, home cooked food in a traditional pub. Check out our website http://www.oilcanharrys.ie :smt041
Was at Oil Can Harrys before and after the Ireland England match last month, great food and atmosphere, sadly can't make the Tigers v Leinster match but well worth a visit
Uhtred

Re: Welcome to Dublin! Places to Eat/Drink here please.

Post by Uhtred »

The price of your Guinness will be the main factor in my decision of where to eat. You should let me know that in advance. :smt023
sheepshagger

Post by sheepshagger »

Uhtred wrote:The price of your Guinness will be the main factor in my decision of where to eat. You should let me know that in advance. :smt023
Steer clear of Temple Bar then, normally over priced muck served.

If you do want a pint in there, try the Palace Bar (Fleet St, its on the edge of Temple Bar itself).

The Horse Show House in Dublin 4 (opp the RDS and stones throw from Aviva stadium is a good spot), heard the Sandymount Hotel (also near the ground) is doing a pig on a spit with live band.
footrush
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by footrush »

The Horse Show House in Dublin 4 (opp the RDS and stones throw from Aviva stadium is a good spot), heard the Sandymount Hotel (also near the ground) is doing a pig on a spit with live band.[/quote]
Will they be serving food aswell ? if so might be tempted .
blueman

Post by blueman »

footrush wrote:The Horse Show House in Dublin 4 (opp the RDS and stones throw from Aviva stadium is a good spot), heard the Sandymount Hotel (also near the ground) is doing a pig on a spit with live band.
Will they be serving food aswell ? if so might be tempted .[/quote]

The horse show house? they will thats where I am going heading in early to watch the munster match and the toulon v perp quarter and get a bite mysellf
footrush
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by footrush »

Is "doing a pig on a spit , with a live band" a local tradition ? .
blueman

Post by blueman »

footrush wrote:Is "doing a pig on a spit , with a live band" a local tradition ? .
not to sure of a tradition but heard of it done once or twice before around bars/hotels on big match weekends
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

blueman wrote:
footrush wrote:The Horse Show House in Dublin 4 (opp the RDS and stones throw from Aviva stadium is a good spot), heard the Sandymount Hotel (also near the ground) is doing a pig on a spit with live band.
Will they be serving food aswell ? if so might be tempted .
The horse show house? they will thats where I am going heading in early to watch the munster match and the toulon v perp quarter and get a bite mysellf[/quote]

Thats where we are heading,see you there.
sheepshagger

Post by sheepshagger »

The Horse Show House does food on matchdays - Saturday will be no exception.
Oil Can Harrys

Post by Oil Can Harrys »

Hey guys, i believe that there is an enquiry about the price of drink. At Oil Can Harrys a pint of GUINNESS is only €4.20 and larger is €4.50 and some promotional largers are at €4, ie Miller & Carling. The steak sambo is only €9.95 and all available only 5 mins walk from the stadium or 10 mins from city centre. See you there??????????
The Boxty House

Post by The Boxty House »

Uhtred wrote:The price of your Guinness will be the main factor in my decision of where to eat. You should let me know that in advance. :smt023
tb1 wrote:I am sure it is a nice pub, and I may stop in, but an endorsement by Diageo is hardly an incentive, is there any proper beer there?
Well seeing as everyone is talking about the refreshments!

We are a restaurant, not a pub but we're proud to offer a selection of 'proper beers' to go with our dinners! We have Hersbrucker pilsner, Hop Head pale ale and Porter House red ale all available in our restaurant. All brewed and bottled locally in Dublin by the award winning Porter House Brewing Company and all €4.95 a bottle.

Also, no Guinness here (sorry Uhtred) but if you fancy a pint of black stuff we have Murphys stout and Murphys Red Ale on draught at €5 a pint. We also serve Heineken on draught (€5.40 a pint) and have a special Heineken cup offer on for the weekend (see below) but if you only like the trophy and not the lager then we will happily substitute the complimentary Heineken for a pint of Murphys Stout or Murphys Red Ale. Looking forward to seeing / feeding/ having the craic with the Leicester fans this weekend.
The Boxty House wrote:Hi there Tigers fans and greetings from Gallaghers Boxty House in Dublin's Temple Bar!

We are looking forward to another great weekend of Heineken cup action and to show our support for the competition we are offering all fans a complimentary pint of Heineken upon purchase of any main course and presentation of their quarter final ticket or stub!

Offer is running Friday the 8th of April to Sunday the 10th and is not in conjunction with any other special offers or breakfast dishes (sorry guys!).

Looking forward to a great weekend and hope you all enjoy your stay in Dublin no matter what happens on the pitch! :smt045 :smt026 :smt039

(P.s. Sorry Mods for grabbing the free ad space but we think your fans will appreciate the free beer and the feed! Any Tigers fans who've visited us before we'd love to hear any feedback, either on this forum or you can check us out on trip-advisor http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... ublin.html .)