Who is going to Dublin?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

merryperson
Tiger Cub

Re: Who is going to Dublin?

Post by merryperson »

Booked from EMA on thursday returning sunday night and good deal at the Croke park Hotel too.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

5 of us are going, Ryanair Luton on Friday, return Monday, £54 return each includes credit card charge. Hotel booked in town, look out Johnathan St John Gogarty pub, we want some of your Guinness and brilliant music!
Hope to repeat 2005 result.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

3 of us booked into Bewleys. Flying out of Luton 6:40 a.m.
dubal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dubal »

merryperson wrote:Booked from EMA on thursday returning sunday night and good deal at the Croke park Hotel too.
Croke Park hotel is a good distance from Ballsbridge, and public transport isnt too simple if you can get somewhere even in town it would be better.
Dubal
Laighan

Post by Laighan »

I'd advise against the Croke Park Hotel, its quite a distance from the ground

http://www.d4hotels.ie/ are three hotels in a complex,very close to Lansdowne Road. They used to be Jurys of Ballsbridge, the Berkley Court and I can't remember the name of the third. But they are 5 minutes slow walk from the Aviva, and 10 from the RDS and Ballsbridge (where all the drinking will be happening)
Christy

Post by Christy »

Hi Guys

Please take a look at the Leinster fans visitors guide
( http://www.leinsterfans.com/visitors/ ) before booking, the croke park hotel is miles away from the Aviva stadium if you are staying there it will take 2 buses or 15/20 euro in a taxi to get to the Aviva Stadium.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Whats Dublin like for non drinkers ?
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Purebob wrote:Whats Dublin like for non drinkers ?
The same as for drinkers but not quite as blurred! :smt002

If it's sightseeing you're after, there's plenty to keep you occupied for a weekend.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I've worked in Dublin a couple of times BJ, but they were flying visits.
I cut out booze to lose some lard last summer and I've pretty much lost the taste for it. Never dreamed that'd happen to me ! Its helped my rugby viewing I admit, no ducking out for a squirt at half time now :)
rachelsim

Post by rachelsim »

Flight booked, Ryanair from Birmingham on the Friday, return Monday evening to make a decent weekend of it. Staying at the Townhouse on Lr Gardiner in the city centre.

Have been to the RDS before, just an easy train ride from the centre, but hoping it'll be at the Aviva!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Purebob wrote:I've worked in Dublin a couple of times BJ, but they were flying visits.
I cut out booze to lose some lard last summer and I've pretty much lost the taste for it. Never dreamed that'd happen to me ! Its helped my rugby viewing I admit, no ducking out for a squirt at half time now :)

I wasn't drinking on my last visit to Dublin due to health problems, but I had a good time and enjoyed the trip immensely. The open top bus tours are a giggle - some of the drivers are worth every penny for sheer entertainment value (comments about other drivers on the road are particularly good). the Book of Kells was a bit disappointing, if only because I couldn't get near and it was much smaller than I expected. Even on a non-rugby trip, wearing a Tigers shirt or t-shirt gets friendly comments and banter from locals.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Ta riz ! My missus drinks heartily so she'd have a whale of a time I feel sure !
Looking at the ole finances not sure I can run to this to be honest. Might have have to nix it.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Ryanair is at it already!

Post by BJ. »

When I booked our flights to Dublin yesterday, there were no taxes on them and I got them for £51.98 each. Out of curiosity, I checked the same flights a couple of minutes ago. They now have the taxes added and are £112.22 each, i.e. the price has more than doubled since 17.00 yesterday.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
beccap2007

Post by beccap2007 »

Croke Park hotel Is about 10 min walk from town so Isn't too far from centre .For all those wanting buses to get tghem to either stadium from town the number 7 and 8 buses go to the Aviva stadium. 4, 7 and 45 goe to RDS.