Yet another Sunday game! - Treviso - 23rd January 2011

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Saturday3pm

Yet another Sunday game! - Treviso - 23rd January 2011

Post by Saturday3pm »

Oh fab, yet another game on a Sunday. Thanks a bunch. No, really, such consideration for loyal fans who want to watch live rugby around 15:00 on a Saturday. I take the hint. Stuff the £400+ season ticket next year, I'll take Sky sports & buy a ticket for any match played at the proper time.
:smt009
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Yet another Sunday game

Post by tb1 »

Saturday3pm wrote:Oh fab, yet another game on a Sunday. Thanks a bunch. No, really, such consideration for loyal fans who want to watch live rugby around 15:00 on a Saturday. I take the hint. Stuff the £400+ season ticket next year, I'll take Sky sports & buy a ticket for any match played at the proper time.
Interesting.
Saturday3pm

Post by Saturday3pm »

Sorry, 30+ years of membership, I figure that must count as loyal.
Ian S
Tiger Cub

Post by Ian S »

I share your frustration,but this match was always going to be a Friday/Sunday as Leicester City are at home and for some ridiculous reason we cant clash ,I believe to do with policing.
The number of games not being played on saturday at 3pm is a trend that needs reversing before more fans vote with their feet.Sky/ESPN/clashes with LCFC/clashes with internationals when will it end (i know,never)
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

I also hate Sunday games and have doubts i'll renew my season ticket next season.
apps

Post by apps »

While you rant over when games should be played can i point you to the fan's who serve for in the forces who at this moment are either in Afgan,Germany,Cyprus (me at the moment) or serve on borad ship out in the seas. We only get six yes 6 UK telly channles from BFBS 2 are sky sports 1 & 2 we do get the ESPN games as well.

I would buy a season ticket & i think other fans who sreve would as well but why waste are money (little in what we get) when we can't even get to a game in the last 3 years i been to 1 game as i been in Cyprus,Afgan & Kenyna over the 3 years so you talk about not renewing your season ticket then find i have it next year as i am back.

Rant over
TIGERS RULE WELFORD ROAD NO MAN CAN STOP THEM IN THERE WAY TO MORE SILVER
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Great!! I genuinely mean it!

If it was a Saturday game then I wouldn't have been able to go due to work but as it is a Sunday I can!!

I guess it isnt ideal for everyone but it is ideal for some.

For those people who are moaning about Friday and Sunday games, are you moaning as you cannot go other than Saturdays or because you prefer Saturday games?
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Yet another Sunday game! - Treviso - 23rd January 2011

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Saturday3pm wrote:Oh fab, yet another game on a Sunday. Thanks a bunch. No, really, such consideration for loyal fans who want to watch live rugby around 15:00 on a Saturday. I take the hint. Stuff the £400+ season ticket next year, I'll take Sky sports & buy a ticket for any match played at the proper time.
It'll give you a chance to go to church in the morning and then pray for the ref to bring his specs!! - btw, 'anytime' is the proper time for rugby :smt038
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

It doesnt bother me that its on a sunday but a 1:00pm ko is dreadful. A game against treviso is never going to bring a huge attendance and they are now making it very difficult for the younger fans that play rugby on a sunday morning to get there. It's not the clubs fault but sky could think about these things.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

All matches in each group start at the same time, hence the change of kick off.

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/news/13444.php
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
boon

Post by boon »

lucky euan murray signed for falcons not tigers then, or you'd hardly swee him either!
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

boon wrote:lucky euan murray signed for falcons not tigers then, or you'd hardly swee him either!

What has Murray done to deserve being sween? Cruelty, I call it.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

13.00 on a Sunday is a lot better than a 19.45 k/o on a Friday. At least you're not having to rush back from work and then combat the traffic to get to Welford Road.

A 13.00 k/o on a Sunday will entail a read of the newspapers, a good hearty breakfast and then set off around 10.45. It also means we can be back at the local for around 16.00 to talk through the game with those who watched it on the box.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Ian S wrote:I share your frustration,but this match was always going to be a Friday/Sunday as Leicester City are at home and for some ridiculous reason we cant clash ,I believe to do with policing.
The number of games not being played on saturday at 3pm is a trend that needs reversing before more fans vote with their feet.Sky/ESPN/clashes with LCFC/clashes with internationals when will it end (i know,never)
how many police do you see around welford road on match day? wish they would stop using that excuse!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

jamiewilkinson wrote:how many police do you see around welford road on match day? wish they would stop using that excuse!
It's not just to do with policing the ground: it's parking that primarily causes the problem. If the stadia were at different ends of the city, we could most likely get away with having both games on the same day. However, since they're only a spit away from each other and the Foxes have now crawled up to the dizzy heights of the 2nd division (which allegedly attracts larger gates), all the responsible agencies will cry 'health and safety' and other cover-all phrases to prevent them from actually doing a hard day's work.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.