Attendance for Aussie game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Attendance for Aussie game

Post by WiggoTiger »

Looking at the ticket website it looks worryingly like spaces everywhere apart from middle of Cat stand, are the prices to high, KO time affecting commuters or do folk realise that it will be both teams third string playing??

A bit concerned!! :smt017 :smt017
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Attendance for Aussie game

Post by TigerCam »

Pam.B wrote:Three of us going :smt003 Maybe it's the Tuesday night that is putting people off?
Certainly won't see me heading up the A14 on a Tuesday night.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

TigerCam wrote:
Pam.B wrote:Three of us going :smt003 Maybe it's the Tuesday night that is putting people off?
Only if your going to Bedford??
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

A 'cash cow' match - of no importance whatsoever apart from money .
valerie

Post by valerie »

WiggoTiger wrote:Looking at the ticket website it looks worryingly like spaces everywhere apart from middle of Cat stand, are the prices to high, KO time affecting commuters or do folk realise that it will be both teams third string playing??

:smt013 i would say it's the thought of the third team that has put the estimated attendance to be minimal bad timing by the club for this fixture :smt045
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

My family will be going because its AWESOME to have a national touring squad play MY HOME TEAM. Doesn't happen for many.

and I was SO PROUD of the lads against the Boks it would feel, erm, unfaithful not to attend this one.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

It's also on ESPN!
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

Purebob wrote:My family will be going because its AWESOME to have a national touring squad play MY HOME TEAM. Doesn't happen for many.

and I was SO PROUD of the lads against the Boks it would feel, erm, unfaithful not to attend this one.
Dead right Purebob. Unfortunately I will be in the States on business so will miss this one and, now they have moved the Quins match to the Friday night (17th) I will miss that as well - I had just about sorted it to be back in time for a Sat 3pm KO.
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

WiggoTiger wrote:Looking at the ticket website it looks worryingly like spaces everywhere apart from middle of Cat stand, are the prices to high, KO time affecting commuters or do folk realise that it will be both teams third string playing??

Prices don't seem too hig to me - not considering this is essentially my beloved team versus an international side.

Unsure as to why this isn't selling as well as the South Africa game last year.

Last year we had an Anglo-Welsh game the weekend before, South Africe mid-week, and then a league game the weekend after.

This time we have Anglo-Welsh before AND after so potentially we could be seeing a stronger side than we did last year.

The noise last year when we were defending hard and stopping South Africa even making it to the halfway line for the last 10 minutes was hair raising - I don't think many grounds
TigerCam wrote:
ever get that loud, even at football with 50,000+ fans

mike wrote:A 'cash cow' match - of no importance whatsoever apart from money .
Much like the SA game which was a sell out...

I think most people would say that last year the South Africe game was an awesome spectacle and a great way to give some people a run out who wouldn't get such high-class opposition very often
Purebob wrote:My family will be going because its AWESOME to have a national touring squad play MY HOME TEAM. Doesn't happen for many.

Totally agree - bring on the Wallabies!

And then next year we can thump the All Blacks after they choke and crash out of yet another World Cup.

Not many international sides can do a clean sweep of the southern hemisphere - would be nice if a club could do the same!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Quite simply, I think the bottom line is cash. The country is in a different financial climate to when we stuffed the Boks last year and this game against the Wallabies is perhaps one game too many for a lot of folk.

The sell-out last season was fantastic but I think there'll be swathes of red visible in the A&L on the 9th. :smt009
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

BJ. wrote:Quite simply, I think the bottom line is cash. The country is in a different financial climate to when we stuffed the Boks last year and this game against the Wallabies is perhaps one game too many for a lot of folk.

The sell-out last season was fantastic but I think there'll be swathes of red visible in the A&L on the 9th. :smt009
This is true for us BJ. Especially in the run up to Christmas I'm having to be ultra careful the matches I take my family to see. We haven' been to any away games yet this season ( apart fro notts pre-season) , unusual for us, and only ( Leinster) Exeter and Leeds. Just can't afford it, as so many of my family loves to come it costs me at least a family bronze ticket to come each time.

Aus is my family and a few friends going , but it means we chose between that and Quins on Friday. Grim times financially mate you're right.
Thehood

Post by Thehood »

PURE GREED MATE
pulled it off last year with a sell out...so lets do it again
but prices have gone up
Just a few more than the Bath (21,190) game as its not on TV
ps. just seen it is on TV no where near 20,000
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

I dont buy into any comments about it being on TV, last years game was on Sky.