Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Leicester v Scarlets

Post by tigermad »

:smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035

Leicester welcome Scarlets this weekend in the Heineken Cup and it promises to be a cracking encounter as both teams came away with 5 points from Round 1. Leicester had to fight all the way in Treviso and should get the win this weekend. Team selection key and hopefully a strong squad will be ready for this game. Bring it on.
Philip J Gray
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Leicester v Scarlets

Post by Purebob »

I think Scarlets have their injury problems this season too, so this will perhaps be a case of "team spirit versus team spirit" as neither side will be putting out near to our first XV.

Should be a cracker !
multinational

Post by multinational »

It is always a shame that teams are unable to field their 'best' squads in such high profile matches. The Scarlets haven't been hit as hard as they were last season but will be missing George North and Andy Fenby from their backline, and maybe John Davies as well. This may not seem much but Davies and North are huge ball carriers out wide and their ability to penetrate the Tigers' defence will be a big loss.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Thinking about it,with Castro on fire he will lead again by example,re-think five points from this game for us :smt023
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigerburnie wrote: five points from this game for us :smt023

KEEP THE FAITH!

O & U :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 082221.stm

This won't help their cause,being a first choice second row down.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rob o'r Bont
Tiger Cub

Post by Rob o'r Bont »

Johnny F. isn't first choice. I think the 2nd rows will be a choice between Dominic Day, Lou Reid and Vernon Cooper.
speedy

Post by speedy »

tigerburnie wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 082221.stm

This won't help their cause,being a first choice second row down.
lol. honest now mate, he`s nowhere near first choice, he would have lost his place on the bench if it wasn`t gav q getting his unfortunate injury.

he was meant to strengthen our options. he`s been a big dissapointment. he came on for 5 mins and got binned for 10.

in a game against aironi we were leading like 40 odd points to 3, and he missed a tackle to let them score at the end. he`s poor, and won`t be missed. most scarlet fans are hoping he`s banned so he can`t be a liability. :smt002
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

speedy wrote:
tigerburnie wrote: he`s poor, and won`t be missed. most scarlet fans are hoping he`s banned so he can`t be a liability. :smt002
I was going to ask your views on this citing, but you answered my question for me! Who will replace him on the bench?

Really looking forward to this game, on paper the first 'real' test of the season at WR (I know Exeter took us all the way but on paper). Hoping for a fast running, high scoring game, with Tigers coming out on top of course.

Note to Tigers:-
Do not give away stupid penalties, or a cetain S Jones will punish us!
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
speedy

Post by speedy »

Suz wrote:
speedy wrote:
tigerburnie wrote: he`s poor, and won`t be missed. most scarlet fans are hoping he`s banned so he can`t be a liability. :smt002
I was going to ask your views on this citing, but you answered my question for me! Who will replace him on the bench?

Really looking forward to this game, on paper the first 'real' test of the season at WR (I know Exeter took us all the way but on paper). Hoping for a fast running, high scoring game, with Tigers coming out on top of course.

Note to Tigers:-
Do not give away stupid penalties, or a cetain S Jones will punish us!
jonny fa will probably be replaced with dominic day. who in fairness has started a good few game so far anyway, its just he`s been in and out, either starting or back in the rfc side. now they`ll have to go with him.

our 1st choice lock imo is damien welch, he is injured at the moment. vernon cooper is having an indian summer to his career. really playing well so far for us. its the scrum that worries me. but we are used to that. perpignan had a good scrum and gave us problems in the first quarter. but we settled down and held our own. iestyn and smiler are good front rowers, its rhys thomas at 3 who can be a liabilty. he was brought in to fix our creaking scrum, and although its doesn`t go backwards like it used to, it can still have the odd problem. we`ve coped with other good scrums so far though.

from our point of view, and what sort of game we`ll be wanting to play, foxy is crucial in a game this big.
SpanishTiger

Post by SpanishTiger »

sorry, wrong thread. :smt017
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Scarlets tries last weekend were all amazing to watch on www.rugbydump.com

If we so much as miss one tackle then they're going to score! It should be a right belter of a game!!! :smt038
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

We are underway!

Looks like a good crowd after all!
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

Anyone got a link to P2P site? Sitting in France and struggling.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

crateman wrote:Anyone got a link to P2P site? Sitting in France and struggling.
MyP2P.eu or www.sportstreamlive.tv
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat