Calendars with clothes on?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Calendars with clothes on?

Post by cornish tigress »

I was just wondering if it was just me...probably...or whether there actually was a market out there for a rugby calendar that didn't involve semi-naked players staring at you. I find it puts me off my weetabix a bit I'm afraid, and buy one for MHT and shove it in a drawer. Presumably men would like a rugby-related calendar, and I would love one that didn't make me feel like I work in the equivalent of a female Kwik-Fit.

Oh it's just me isn't it. :smt009

What would the pics be? Tigers tries through the years. Front rows looking like a front row should. Holding up a cup and celebrating. Two players celebrating a try. Uplifting rugby grrr manly stuff. Not ho-mo-erotic, cringy nonsense.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Gate
Super User
Super User

Re: Calendars with clothes on?

Post by Gate »

What kind of clothes does a calendar wear? Harharharhar.

I'd have January as that picture of Cozza throttling Dayglo while Johnno looks on and laughs. For February, I'd have that picture of Cozza throttling Dayglo while Johnno looks on and laughs. For March....

Bit like a team of Julian Whites, really.

Come to think of it, is there a picture of Jules chinning Sheridan? I'd have that for December, with holly round it.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I am equally unimpressed with girlie calendars that display identikit women with no clothes on and nothing left to the imagination.

Your average red blooded male is far more stirred up by the sight of a woman in attractive lingerie, or perhaps revealing a hint of leg or cleavage through a well cut dress.

Similarly I am given to understand that women will often go for a fully clad fireman with soot on his face, a muddied up rugby player, or a gallant horse rider sent to rescue his damson from the dark woods, rather than some effeminate model showing off his shaved cheast.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Loving damson!

Agree with you Kin, fully clad is loads better! But actually that aside, I'd quite like a calendar that didn't really stir my loins in any way at all, just, like, told me the date and stuff. And maybe had the Tigers fixtures on it. Because actually I watch rugby for the rugby.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

cornish tigress wrote: Because actually I watch rugby for the rugby.
It's the same with me and female Russian tennis players.

I simply admire their ground strokes.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:
cornish tigress wrote: Because actually I watch rugby for the rugby.
It's the same with me and female Russian tennis players.

I simply admire their ground strokes.

And their volleys and lobs!!!
Still keeping the faith!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Tut tut bringing it down a notch again, are we?

I agree CT - the MHT calendar goes to my daughter. Mine has photos from my holidays on it because I made it myself on the computer.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Rizzo wrote:Tut tut bringing it down a notch again, are we?

What on earth do you mean?

Could we have a calender of the players WAGS, tastefully attired?
Still keeping the faith!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Kinoulton wrote:I am equally unimpressed with girlie calendars that display identikit women with no clothes on and nothing left to the imagination.

Your average red blooded male is far more stirred up by the sight of a woman in attractive lingerie, or perhaps revealing a hint of leg or cleavage through a well cut dress.

Similarly I am given to understand that women will often go for a fully clad fireman with soot on his face, a muddied up rugby player, or a gallant horse rider sent to rescue his damson from the dark woods, rather than some effeminate model showing off his shaved cheast.
Anything up with your spellchecker Kinny? I am really boggling at how difficult or painful it might be to shave one's cheast......

Don't like damsons - they remind me of something nasty I ate when I was a child.

I don't actually have a problem with the MH Calendar (apart from the spelling). There is still a little left to the imagination, and there are some very fine muscles in there. Now the Stade one had just a tad too much information - there is nothing wrong with a little mystery.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

There is no spellchecker on this site. I try my best to get stuff right!

Actually, I suggested that the horse-owning gals at our yard made a calendar to raise a bit of money for charity.

I had in mind something quite tasteful that would appeal to the broader audience. Breeches, jodhpurs, riding crops and maybe a discrete flash of bra-clad bazzooms as a gel works hard at mucking out.

Alas, it was the ladies themselves that starting making plans for naked or semi-naked poses. Needless to say, the current Mrs Kin abruptly removed me from the project.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:Alas, it was the ladies themselves that starting making plans for naked or semi-naked poses. .
"And honestly darling that is how I came to be in the tack room with all these scantily clad young ladies"

Good line Kinny. Stick to it!!
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Actually the gals on the yard are generally East Yorkshire lasses who can't see beyond horse riding and have boyfriends who watch Hull FC or Hull KR Rugby League teams.

However, they now insist that their restroom is decorated with the Leicester Tigers calendar.

One year someone got ahead of me and hung up a "Stable Boys" calendar with lots of lean boys with no shirts on and occassionally no jodhpurs, riding horses.

It was met with howls of derision as it looked incredibly "gay", and the Tigers chaps were quickly reinstated.
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

oh dear :smt003

fear I may be letting the side down among you sensible ladies who watch rugby for the game and not the men... :smt003 I have not only the MHT calendar for this year (although I have to admit its been permanently stuck on Mr April since about March :smt003 anyone who has this calendar could probably figure out why :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 ) but also the (whispers) Nottingham Rugby calendar for this year, also full of naked rugby players. :smt003 I have four copies of this years on order (dont ask. Its a long story :smt003 but its kinda relevant cos he is dual registered!!! :smt003 )

I also plan on buying the MHT calendar, and the Help for Heroes one after Jordan Crane posted the pic on Twitter t'other day. :smt003

Apologies, serious ladies, I know I'm a disgrace to the female race :smt005

However, there is an official Leicester Tigers calendar that does merely contain correctly attired rugby players er.. well.. playing rugby :smt003
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Stade calendar sells well (from 20 to 40,000 each year) and boy, we do need the money! Although part of the money made goes to charity! :smt023

Now it is definetly camp as a row of tents but hey, my step mother likes it a lot !
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans