Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Benetton Treviso v Leicester

Post by tigermad »

:smt035 :smt035

Leicester travel to Italy this weekend to start their Heineken Cup campaign against a fast improving Treviso outfit. A few changes likely after the loss to Saracens yesterday and Leicester should get the win.
Philip J Gray
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Re: Benetton Treviso v Leicester

Post by salcombe bob »

should do Philip. I hope for 4 tries. :smt026
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

A TBP win is definitely not an assurance. Treviso have beaten Scarlets, Leinster and NG Dragons at home this year.

But I think we can go in confident of a win with a number of players returning to the side.
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

Darc Tiger wrote:A TBP win is definitely not an assurance. Treviso have beaten Scarlets, Leinster and NG Dragons at home this year.

But I think we can go in confident of a win with a number of players returning to the side.
Looking forward to the trip. It will be a tougher test that the past games and to get a BP win will take effort against a good Treviso side.
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

I expect it to be closer than in the past going into the last 15 - 20 mins which is when I believe Tigers' fitness will tell. If we have scored at least 2 tries by then I believe we will get the 4 try bonus.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

I think we will get the win, i expect the side will look something like this.
Murphy,Hamilton,Hipkiss,Smith,A.Tullagi,12trees,Youngs,Stankovich,Chuter,Castro,Slater,Skivington,Croft,Woods,Waldrom. Replacements Hawkins,Cole,White,Mafi,Newby,Grindal,Ford,Agulla.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Do we know if Toby is back for this one? I hope so! :smt003

If he is available I would love to see the following as the starting line up:

Murphy
Hamilton
M Tuilagi
12 Trees
A Tuilagi
Floody
Youngs
Stankovich
Hawkins
Castro
Slater
Skivington
Croft
Woods
Waldrom
TrevisoSportshire

Post by TrevisoSportshire »

Ciao guys! :smt006

I hope on saturday there will be a good game, in both sides! And we can see how we're improved since the last seasons...

Anyone of you are coming to Treviso? If you'd like to have some tips about the city, how to reach the stadium, and the pubs or pizzerias in the evening, check out the map made by our friends at Time To Lose website.

Moreover, if you are looking for some last-minute offer, check out our booking on-line site.

What else? Well, inside the Stadio di Monigo you'll find some free wine tasting and information about Treviso and the sorrounding area, provided by Marca Treviso Consortium and the Province of Treviso. And if you want to discover our area, the day after the match (Sunday 10th), we'll arrange a free guided bus tour around the Prosecco Hills, tasting some local products and sightseeing some Treviso area's hidden treasures... All for free!

So, we're waiting for you in Treviso! :smt041
Ciao! From Treviso, the land of "Leoni"!
Rubymint

Post by Rubymint »

Ciao TrevisoSportshire

Welcome to the Forum :smt039

I like the idea of the wine tasting! :smt030

Can you let us know some more details about the potential bus tour please? - Our party needs to get back to Milan mid afternoon to catch the plane back home so hopefully it will be a relatively early start
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

TrevisoSportshire wrote:Ciao guys! :smt006

I hope on saturday there will be a good game, in both sides! And we can see how we're improved since the last seasons...

Anyone of you are coming to Treviso? If you'd like to have some tips about the city, how to reach the stadium, and the pubs or pizzerias in the evening, check out the map made by our friends at Time To Lose website.

Moreover, if you are looking for some last-minute offer, check out our booking on-line site.

What else? Well, inside the Stadio di Monigo you'll find some free wine tasting and information about Treviso and the sorrounding area, provided by Marca Treviso Consortium and the Province of Treviso. And if you want to discover our area, the day after the match (Sunday 10th), we'll arrange a free guided bus tour around the Prosecco Hills, tasting some local products and sightseeing some Treviso area's hidden treasures... All for free!

Looking forward to another great weekend in Treviso. Really appreciate the offer of the free bus tour around the Prosecco Hills on the Sunday as we don't fly back to Stansted until 22.30. Please can you give us more information about it

Grazie
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I think I would pick:

Murphy
Hamilton
Hipkiss
Smith
Tuilagi
Twelvetrees
Youngs
Stankovich
Hawkins
Castro
Slater
Skivington
Croft
Woods
Waldrom

Chuter, White, Cole, Mafi, Newby, Grindal, Flood/Ford, Amorosino.

My only concern there would be lack of cover at centre without throwing Ford in. Problem solved if Floody makes the bench however.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

TrevisoSportshire wrote:Ciao guys! :smt006

As we are not flying back to EMA until Monday, count us in. Sunday was going to be a day in Venice but you have mentioned one of my wife's favourite words ... prosecco.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
TrevisoSportshire

Post by TrevisoSportshire »

Thanks for your welcome!

So, the bus will leave Treviso Sunday morning at 10:00, just in front of the train station. Then you'll have some local product tasting in Tarzo, a small village in the Prosecco hills, home of a local chestnut festival, very typical in this period. After that we'll bring you to Serravalle, one of the historical towns that formed the city of Vittorio Veneto, for some spare time to eat something and/or a free guided visit. Then we'll come back to Treviso in the afternoon, more or less at 16:30. You don't need to book it, just come at 10:00!

If you need some more information about this trip and what to do in our area, Saturday you'll find me and a hostess inside the stadium. You'll recognise us because of our red inflatable house! :smt038 Yes BJ, we're just a step ahead from the Prosecco tasting area... :smt003
Ciao! From Treviso, the land of "Leoni"!
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Now I'm getting very jealous!
The game, touring hillside villages with prosecco sampling, as well as Italian hostesses in red inflatable houses...oh you lucky things.
Enjoy :smt023
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

MurphysLaw wrote:Now I'm getting very jealous!
The game, touring hillside villages with prosecco sampling, as well as Italian hostesses in red inflatable houses...oh you lucky things.
Enjoy :smt023
We'll try our best. :smt002
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.