Club / Fan Communication

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

doogie

Club / Fan Communication

Post by doogie »

Just wondered if anyone else felt the communication of useful information on this web site is less than stellar and that the clubs general appreciation for the fans also comes across as poor.

For example, this summer, the club has been try to sell us tickets for concerts that the majority of Tigers fans do not want to attend and corporate hospitality we cannot afford.

Yet there has been no mention of the new away shirt, something a lot of Tigers fans are interested in and would want to buy. Every other club seems to be marketing its new shirt in some way, especially as the new season is about to start.

The Leicester Mercury seems to be the best way of finding out news about the club, be it the signing of Steve Mafi, Geordan accepting the role of club captain for the coming season, or Cockers announcing that we will be playing a close to full strength team against Munster on Friday night and updating us on the current injury situation.

None of this has yet been reported on the clubs web site, though I can pay ‘from’ £140 to park my car at the ground on match days … apparently.

Shall I get me coat? :smt017
Uhtred

Re: Club / Fan Communication

Post by Uhtred »

Start a petition for the club to be more communicative.
SaltyJackTar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SaltyJackTar »

Thoroughly agree with your sentiments Doogie. I always check Leicester Mercury, Planet Rugby, Rugby Network and BBC Rugby for Tigers' news well before I look at the Tigers' website.

If you do get up a petition count me in as a signatory!
doogie

Post by doogie »

I don't intend to get a petition up as I think that would have a negative effect on the club. But maybe if enough people do feel that communication could be better, maybe someone could mention this to the club and see if they feel things could be done better.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Big corporation with a tight budget usually means no staff available to do the "little things"I dare say whoever updates the website,does so as part of another job that takes priority.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
JWP
Tiger Cub

Post by JWP »

jgriffin wrote:Apart from a class action email to P Tom the only thing I can think of is a thread here that we can ask the mods to send to. But why should the club worry about keeping about 100 fans happy out of 24000?

The club would rather keep the 1000 people in corporate seating happy and move us real fans to the cheap seats at the sides. The club should care about keeping fans happy, even if it is a small thing like updating the website a bit more. I agree that the website could do with a few more exclusive stories, considering they launched an iPhone app last season. There is very little copy on there apart from match reports. I always go and check the Mercury website before looking on Tigers. Many football clubs offer exclusive stories, video and audio for a small price. I would happily pay if it meant getting more information about the club I support.
TnA

Post by TnA »

Although I see the need for the club to act in certain ways to boost revenue, I do think that it is starting out on a slippery slope of moving away from the family/community rugby club, which it has been for years and years. The communication has been extremely poor and the situation with the new away kit has been very silly to say the least.
Forwards win rugby matches.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I would advise a certain amount of caution.

Whilst the club has always been poor at some aspects of communication (injury prognosis, signings etc) statements like:

"The club would rather keep the 1000 people in corporate seating happy and move us real fans to the cheap seats at the sides."

will do little to further the cause, even if true.

It would likely be more productive for the forum to compile a weekly list of questions they would like answered which could be put to the club for response. Of course, on some they would duck and weave, or perhaps more in a rugby tradition, sidestep. I have, however, always found the club officers most responsive.
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

There will be a different team looking after corporate,another for fans and thankfully another for the team.
The team lot have their act together,it seems the ones looking after the fans on the website need a bit of help and I know the ones looking after the corporate are upsetting folk as well.As long we win the Heineken and Premiership I'll let 'em off.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigerburnie wrote:There will be a different team looking after corporate,another for fans and thankfully another for the team.
The team lot have their act together,it seems the ones looking after the fans on the website need a bit of help and I know the ones looking after the corporate are upsetting folk as well.As long we win the Heineken and Premiership I'll let 'em off.
With respect, tigerburnie, that is a cop out. Of course adminstratively the team, corporates and others looking after them. But corporates have no different information than other fans on injuries, new shirts etc etc. PR is PR - some of it may be targetted at different groups.

Winning both the Premiership and Heineken will not be helped a jot or a tittle by poor comminication with fans be they corporate or not.

We will do it despite poor communication and will certainly not do it because of such.

I KEEP THE FAITH!
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Bill W (2) wrote: But corporates have no different information than other fans on injuries, new shirts etc etc. PR is PR - some of it may be targetted at different groups.
I KEEP THE FAITH!
That is not always the case Bill, I have been made aware of things that don't seem to be in the "public domain",but is fairly common knowledge amongst "some".
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigerburnie wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote: But corporates have no different information than other fans on injuries, new shirts etc etc. PR is PR - some of it may be targetted at different groups.
I KEEP THE FAITH!
That is not always the case Bill, I have been made aware of things that don't seem to be in the "public domain",but is fairly common knowledge amongst "some".
Insofar as I am aware the club does categorically not operate a two tier information dissemination system.
Still keeping the faith!
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

There have been odd hints of 'corporate mentality' in the past but the traditional values of the Club have seen to be able above it. But the period since the GP Final has been IMO terrible, with the Club seeming to go into overdrive along the road to 'corporate mentality', a focus that seems to be in a different place from most fans, and an appallingly bad level of communication.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

why does the argument of they are moving away from a family club keep coming up. Leicester tigers is a business and a successful one they need to keep there customers happy and do so by winning. Also the website does get exclusive interviews on the lttv site they are not frequent but they are available.