Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: All Ospreys discussion here please!

Post by Bill W (2) »

Daveyboy wrote:The horse is dead.

I wish people would stop flogging it.
ERC is, alas, not dead. It lives.

And is incompetent at adminstering and refereeing a professional sport.

Farce, joke, whatever word you would wish to put on it.

Integrity is not one of them. Nor is justice.
Still keeping the faith!
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

And a One-Man Campaign on a supporters' message board will change this?
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Daveyboy wrote:Bill, you remind me of the immortal Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer
You wouldn't let it lie!

We could let it lie.

Until the next time. Which will not be far off. IMHO.
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Daveyboy wrote:And a One-Man Campaign on a supporters' message board will change this?
No of course not. But a voice in support of Peter Tom and Peter Wheeler - who have significantly more influence than I.
Still keeping the faith!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Ah well. Can we move on now?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Darc Tiger wrote:Ah well. Can we move on now?
Yep! Until the next debacle (Rizzos word)
Still keeping the faith!
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

I think the record's stuck

the record's stuck

the record's stuck

the record's stuck

the record's stuck

the record's stuck

the record's stuck
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Albert
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Albert »

Two points,

1. I note that there seems to have been no mention of the ref in the proceedings, so I presume Tigers supporters will never know why a penalty was not awarded, and what sanction, if any, has been applied to Lewis.

2. Saturday. Enjoy the game, lads and lasses, but hopefully, not too much eh? :smt003
RJW

Post by RJW »

Darc Tiger wrote:Ah well. Can we move on now?
Yes, to San Sebastian, in April.
Ospreys....Top Flight Rugby
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 1966 »

One good thing may come fron this, that the english teams may have now come to the same conclusion that the French teams came to years ago, that the HEC organisers are either incompetent, biased or both.
aSs

Post by aSs »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Daveyboy wrote:And a One-Man Campaign on a supporters' message board will change this?
No of course not. But a voice in support of Peter Tom and Peter Wheeler - who have significantly more influence than I.
This is the issue. The two points being made in this thread appear to be that:

a) the ERC's decision creates a precedent that will allow for cheating by deliberately fielding 16 players. It does not create that, because the ERC ruled that the misconduct was not deliberate. Not that the ERC are moved in any way by precedent.

b) the ERC have been shown to be incompetent and/or biased against Leicester and the English. The ERC are incompetent, of course, but the suggestion that Leicester have been poorly treated beyond the non-award of a penalty at the time - or that Wheeler and Toms were in any way right to call for the game to be replayed or for points to be deducted - is utterly absurd.

It would be good to move on, but until Tigers supporters stop insinuating that what happened was a deliberate act of cheating, I'll do no such thing.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

t would be good to move on, but until Tigers supporters stop insinuating that what happened was a deliberate act of cheating, I'll do no such thing.
Not all Tigers supporters expressed such opinions, and certainly not all on this forum.

This is going round and round and yet again a second thread has been started in connection with this game and the repercussions. Could we perhaps calm it down a little and concentrate on the next game?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Does anyone else think that in Stephen Jones's first Rolling Maul last week and now in this one he is so blatently pro-Welsh it makes him a joke as a journalist. I have never had much time for him but in both he has completely failed do his job as a journalist and give a balenced view.

He focussed simply on the actions of Toms and Wheeler. I don't seem to remember him being so critical of Ospreys management who publically and completely wrongly accused Julian White of gauging last year!

Leicester could have won that game. Did Ospreys play better? Yes, but so did Northampton on Friday night but were not the winners.

He failed in any way to point out that there should have been a penalty awarded which was denied only through the incompetence of the referee and had it been awarded, and given we were completely dominant in the last 10 minutes, we would almost certainly have had a chance of winning the game with a drop-goal / penalty.

I am not saying we would have won, but he seems to dismiss that as 'The Ospreys outplayed them'. Fine, lets have judges at the end of the game to decide the winners? I thought it came down to points scored.

Listening to Stephen Jones comment on Welsh provincial teams is about as worthwhile as asking Lawrence Dalaglio comment on a Wasps player or a Wasps performance.

If you want to present yourself as a professional journalist Mr. Jones, then try to be just that, professional and offer a balenced view!
Always a Tiger
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I notice SJ got some support from someone describing themselves as a "rabid Tigers supporter".

Does this mean they offer support to tigers who have rablies? Like some animal charity?

Or is it a supporter who has rabies?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!